Let's talk about this underrated classic!

bu.

JanetJacksonDebutCover.jpg

It's been a long time since I gave this a proper listen and I honestly can't believe I shaded it's existence so much all these years. All the songs were great bops tbh. The album is all kinds of funky! Some of these songs could have gone on Control tbh -_- like Say You Do and Young Love.

And lord was she SANGing!

If you love me...

Funky.gif

Let me not forget her answer to Rick Astleys - Never Gonna Give You Up i.e. You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine

rick-astley-o.gif

I may be young but I'm not foolish...

funky-finger-o.gif

Love And My Best Friend....Ben who?

iYSx6oMHmFm8v.gif

Don't Mess Up This Good Thing

tumblr_mxtxe5yCyj1t109eso1_250.gif

The others are cute too. But yes this album is going up in my faves tbh.

janet-jackson-sop-young-o.gif

• Upvote 1

My faves on this album are Say You Do, You'll Never Find, Young Love, & Don't Mess Up This Good Thing. I love the whole album tho, I have a theory that had this album come out in 79 or 80 when Disco (which this album has A TON of or at least that vibe, which is 1 of the reasons I think the album didn't do well out of the many) it would've done ALOT better, but compared to alot of albums in 82 or hell post 80 in general, it sounds pretty dated with the exception of a few songs like Come Give Your Love To Me, Don't Mess Up This Good Thing & Love & My Best Friend, those sound like "82" the rest sounds like "79-80".