WTF is going on in this world

lexus97

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/21/oral-sex-in-oakland-class_n_812263.html

A second-grade teacher at Markham Elementary school in Oakland has been placed on leave because of reports that two students engaged in oral sex while in his classroom. KTLA reports that in addition to the alleged oral sex, there was another incident in which some students were taking off their clothes.

To address the issue, Markham Elementary principal Pam Booker sent a letter (PDF) home to families apologizing for the alleged incidents and offering counseling to any children that need it. She says, "...I apologize for this and assure you that we are collaborating with counselors and parents to provide support to those involved, address any concerns and take whatever actions are necessary to ensure that a similar act does not occur again." She also addressed parents' outrage: "...we pride ourselves in providing a safe learning environment for all of our children and the events as reported represent an unacceptable lack of supervision. I understand that there is great anger over this news."

The Oakland Tribune quotes Oakland school district spokesman Troy Flint, who maintains that the teacher was present during both incidents but unaware of what was going on.

see letter from principal

January 20, 2011

Dear Parents, Caregivers and Staff of Markham Elementary,

It is with deep regret that I inform you of a disturbing event which, according to initial findings, took place at

Markham Elementary recently.

Given the sensitive nature of the issue, I am somewhat limited in what I can say, but I can tell you that on

Wednesday, January 19, we received reports of two incidents which occurred between students on campus

during the previous week. According to the allegation, the first incident involved several students who

undressed, at least partially, while acting disruptively in the classroom. The second incident concerned two

students who engaged in sexually explicit behavior, also in the classroom.

Upon hearing these reports, we immediately launched an investigation which, to date, suggests that the reports

have merit. We have interviewed all the student participants who were implicated, as well as their teacher, and

we continue to investigate the matter aggressively. We have contacted all the parents of those students who

were identified as being involved. The teacher in the classroom where the acts allegedly occurred will not be

reporting to the site, pending the results of further investigation.

As the leader at this school, I apologize for this and assure you that we are collaborating with counselors and

parents to provide support to those involved, address any concerns and take whatever actions are necessary to

ensure that a similar act does not occur again.

At Markham, we pride ourselves in providing a safe learning environment for all of our children and the events

as reported represent an unacceptable lack of supervision. I understand that there is great anger over this news. I

am more than willing to discuss any concerns you wish to voice. Should you have further questions about this

or other issues at Markham, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Pam Booker

Principal

Markham Elementary

Wow, talk about learning hands on. :mellow:

This doesn't come as a surprise. I remember in 4th grade this girl caught suspended from school for sucking dick under the table. Poor Jennifer. ohboy.gif

dang what age is this about 8 to 10 :wacko: wtf r they allowed to watch can i blame tv :unsure: where r the parents

A fucking pity.

This is very sad. What do they even know about sucking dick..and this boy could not have had a big dick.. :unsure:

hee.gif

it's tragic. but why was the teacher put on leave. i'm sure those kids were slick, hiding and shit. i doubt she was rooting them on. :umm:

Me and my mother ran across my kindergarten teacher a few years ago and she STILL teaches kindergarten. She was telling us how times are so different now with students. She told us that one of her students who was 5yo was repeatedly saying "suck my dick" to some little girl in the classroom.She was livid ..me and my mother was appalled :mellow:

Archived