New Artist: Lion Babe. (Vanessa Williams daughter)

jarrylf

lionbabe.jpg?itok=KP5KuJqx

I'm obsessed with Jillian Hervey at the moment (well she's 2nd to me tracking everyone involved with Janet right now) but this girl is EVERYTHING, HER VOICE IS ERYKAH BADU'S TWIN!!! Her style reminds me of Solange & Butterfly Mariah & Diana Ross, and also Erykah, and a lil bit of what I wish Bey was a lil more of in terms of sound honestly, BUT so little about her reminds me of her mother except her face at certain angles. I want to hear you guys take on her, but specifically the members tagged. all of the music videos posted are all from her EP (these 5 are it). I am totally digging this, I MISS the hell out of Erykah Badu, but Jillian/Lion Babe is giving me what I love about Erykah's voice.

I used to love treat me like fire but then her voice started to get on my nerves a bit and i stopped paying attention. Gonna see what else she released after it.

She always reminded me of Nikka Costa for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken me a minute to get around to this since I see my name tagged, but I do love what I hear. She does sound A LOT like Erykah. Fabulous.  

Why didn't I see this?

I'm loving her music. The one with Childish Gambino is hot. 

YAAAS I been espeically waiting to hear from you 2 (and ANDY....where you @ Simba boy!!! lol). But yea I'm just so fuckin into her lol, 

Yea so far my fave tracks are Treat Me Like Fire, Jump (With Gambino, he's so awesome lol), and Wonder Women.....oddly...... love Wonder women cause it reminds me of Bey's Work It Out, and that's 1 of my all time fave songs of hers. I just recently found out Pharell produced Wonder Women...makes so much sense lol. But still I'm loving every available track. It would be SOOO interesting if she & Erykah did a song together, I wouldn't be able to tell who was who until the video or performance lol.

ok I'm finally listening/watching the vids. There are some shots in the the original "Treat Me Like Fire" video (my favorite of the bunch) which remind me of her mom's "Right Stuff" vid. But I'm digging her unique style. :thumbup:

Nice alternative R&B sound too ~ kinda reminds me of a second cousin twiced removed from J*DaVeY lol (only cuz I listen to them a lot).

*edit* Wait I missed "Wonder Woman" - that stands out as well.

• Upvote 1

ok I'm finally listening/watching the vids. There are some shots in the the original "Treat Me Like Fire" video (my favorite of the bunch) which remind me of her mom's "Right Stuff" vid. But I'm digging her unique style. :thumbup:

Nice alternative R&B sound too ~ kinda reminds me of a second cousin twiced removed from J*DaVeY lol (only cuz I listen to them a lot).

*edit* Wait I missed "Wonder Woman" - that stands out as well.

Glad you liked, I had a feeling you would, and now that I'm re-watching the Treat Me Like Fire video I SEE IT LOL, 

It always impresses the hell out of me when a relative to a mainstream musician doesn't go their route like her & Solonge, that really boosts their credit in my book, but what I love about Jilian doing it is she has the look PERFECTLY to where she could've been Rihanna'ish and did mainstream pop & R&B and follow in her mothers footsteps but she got her own look, sound & vibe here. Cause tho her voice reminds me VERY much of Erykah it has it's own thing too (I noticed more so with certain cover songs). But yea I'm glad you saw & liked

I like her EP & the Wonder Women single, but I'd love an album full of her stuff, looking forward to what she has in store for the future.