Unbreakable Listening Session Fan Review

jarrylf

This comes from a fan from the Pulse Music Board forum

O.M.G.

Here are my notes...I signed an agreement that I won't share any confidential information which includes "descriptions of recordings" so I won't mention specific tracks here... BUT you can try to guess them.

First of all, she touches almost ALL GENRES possible on this album. It sounds very unique for a Janet album but mostly pop. There are less r&b tracks than I thought. Ballads are smooth, one song that goes "Who's gonna be there after it all? / I will" is purely a piano ballad. And a lovely one.

It's not sexy album, it's a happy album. One song is gloriously EDM "I had a great epiphany / Rhythm Nation was that dream". Another dance track (with one word title) will sound tremendous when remixed. Pure dancefloor bliss. 

Thematically it's closest to Rhythm Nation as a whole. There are songs that are classic soul. One song in the album declares: "I've seen a beautiful vision / What we can create"... it's like Heal the World gone smooth soul. The song after that sounds like a Jackson 5 song in the new millennium. 

The heart of the album is probably the time when she whispers over a mysterious beat: "You never know, unless you've been there".

No Sleeep is definitely a highlight there too.

Fabulous stuff, very versatile. Artistically ambitious.

EDIT: It starts with Unbreakable and three upbeat tracks after that, as usual (I think she has had the same concept since Damita Jo)

Unbreakable and No Sleeep are the most r&b tracks there are imo. Now to think of it, No Sleeep was an obvious choice for a single.

http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/149361/janet-jackson-unbreakable-world-tour?page=62#scrollTo=5391898

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1