The War on Christmas - American Atheist Says it's Okay To Skip Church

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

War on Christmas  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Skipping Church This Year?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are You Outraged?

• Yes
    • No

The War on Christmas

Christian drivers across this nation are being visually attacked by billboard ads bought by the American Atheist. On the giant billboard features a white, bearded, older man in a red suit with his index finger to his mouth with the words "Go Ahead and skip church! Just be good for goodness' sake. Happy Holidays!" 

Millions are outraged! Are you?

BillboardSmaller_zpsulo4bnb3.png

You can read all about it here: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/santa-says-its-okay-to-skip-church-on-atheist-173131931.html

Edited by The Norm

I wish people would just let people believe what they want to or don't want to believe in. I see this as a 'payback' type thing. I mean...for years they've (religious folk of all religions) have judged and criticised non-believers trying to enforce their views on them. If they don't like being treated the same way, then maybe they'll re-consider their own approach? 

Christmas isn't even a Christian festival is it? I thought it was paganism at it's worst :lmao:

Edited by Dammn Bu

I wish people would just let people believe what they want to or don't want to believe in. I see this as a 'payback' type thing. I mean...for years they've (religious folk of all religions) have judged and criticised non-believers trying to enforce their views on them. If they don't like being treated the same way, then maybe they'll re-consider their own approach? 

Christmas isn't even a Christian festival is it? I thought it was paganism at it's worst :lmao:

no. It's not a festival but it's not paganism either. It is super commercial 

Do they not have Christmas over the pond? :umm: On paper Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. In modern times it is a commercial holiday about gift giving. 

The only thing pagan about Xmas is the date which is based on the winter solstice.

no. It's not a festival but it's not paganism either. It is super commercial 

It is super commercial NOW.

Do they not have Christmas over the pond? :umm: On paper Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. In modern times it is a commercial holiday about gift giving. 

The only thing pagan about Xmas is the date which is based on the winter solstice.

Christmas was not invented in the USA :rolleyes:. Jesus wasn't even born on the 25th, apparently so I don't see how how Christians even started to celebrate it on that day. That's what I meant to say. From what I read, it being on the 25th of December has pagan roots. http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm

I could be wrong - educate me

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

Christmas was not invented in the USA :rolleyes:. Jesus wasn't even born on the 25th, apparently so I don't see how how Christians even started to celebrate it on that day. That's what I meant to say. From what I read, it being on the 25th of December has pagan roots. http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm

Based on the stars (Science) Jesus was birth in the spring... Not the winter. 

Easter is really creepy :umm: 

That's exactly what I said Bu :umm: The date is the pagan part :umm: