WHITNEY WILL BE TOURING IN 2017!!!!! Get ready

janetDAYZ

whitney-houston-hologram-thatgrapejuice

The legendary Whitney Houston is set to return to the stage in 2017 — as a hologram.

And unlike the rumors that swirled about similar projects with stars such as Tupac and Michael Jackson, this project has been jointly confirmed by Hologram USA and Pat Houston, the late singer’s sister-in-law and president of her estate.

According to Rolling Stone  the virtual recreation of Houston will be a multimedia endeavour.

Set to debut at a US venue and trek the world, the content created by FilmOn Studios will be syndicated across digital and cable platforms. The show will be interactive and feature the icon’s biggest hits and surprise guests.

Speaking on the ambitious venture, Hologram USA/FilmOn CEO Alki David said:

“I was heartbroken when Whitney passed away in 2012. The opportunity to share her spectacular gifts with the world again is exactly what I hoped for when I built the hologram business. I’m confident we’ll create the ultimate celebration of Whitney’s amazing artistry.”

Pat Houston added:

“It’s a great opportunity for her fans to see a reinvention of one the most celebrated female artists in history and to continue a legacy of performances that will not be forgotten in years to come.”

If executed correctly, this “could” be…interesting.

There’ll always be the debate about how “right” it is, but the reality is that the estate needs to find ways to keep the coins coming in and – as Michael Jackson’s Circus Soleil success proved – it can be uber lucrative when a brand is licensed effectively.