UK votes to LEAVE Europe!!! Prime Minister resigns!!

bu.

The UK just rendered itself politically and economically irrelevant on the world stage. It's amazing. There's no coming back. Ironically, if they want to do business with Europe, they'll still have to follow the EU rules but have no seat at the table. This was pure suicide. The EU is going to make the UK pay dearly for being traitors and make an example out of them to other countries. RIP UK. You made your bed. 

Morgan Stanley has begun moving 2,000 investment banking staff from London to Dublin or Frankfurt, BBC learns

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-36561095?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Edited by burnt

The UK just rendered itself politically and economically irrelevant on the world stage. It's amazing. There's no coming back. Ironically, if they want to do business with Europe, they'll still have to follow the EU rules but have no seat at the table. This was pure suicide. The EU is going to make the UK pay dearly for being traitors and make an example out of them to other countries. RIP UK. You made your bed. 

Morgan Stanley has begun moving 2,000 investment banking staff from London to Dublin or Frankfurt, BBC learns

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-36561095?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

The UK politically and economically irrelevant? What world do you live in.

Also, Morgan Stanley have denied this.

The Pound has NOT started recovering. Experts expect a 7-10% drop in the coming weeks.

Lmao bc white people controlling other people always turned out well in history.. No it's not xenophobia... It's ignorance

Sorry, but you don't understand how markets work.

Pound was at an artificial high because experts predicted the wrong result... the fall just reflects a correction of the market

also... sorry to inform YOUR ignorance but it has started to recover... it's at 1.37 to dollar atm

note: euro has also fallen. I wonder if it will recover as quick. Again, I doubt it. Brexit will harm the EU more than it will harm Britain. 

(but a weak pound isn't inherently a bad thing. A weaker pound makes the UK a little more competitive and the Canadian at the BoE might finally be able to meet his inflation target. Win Win situation. But i guess this is way above ur understanding of economics.)

White people controlling other people?  HUH. What are you talking about. EU presidents are all white and male and unelected.

It's ignorant to want to control your borders? Again, HUH?

PLS educate yourself.

Edited by xoney

I seen over two million people voted online to possibly overturn this devastating decision. 

Lets head over to Bu, the Head of British Media, for more details.. Bu..  

I read somewhere that 2/3 of signatures on that petition don't even live in the UK. So many of signatures aren't even British nationals. 

Irrelevant. 

Also: 17 million >>>>>>>> 2 million

link?

http://dalehay.me/euref/

1st link shows that at least 330,000 votes are from outside the UK.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/eu-referendum-claims-petition-for-second-referendum-is-rigged-as-it-storms-past-two-million-a3280971.html

2nd link shows that the petition can be easily manipulated. 

Cl0dlzhXIAAGN-B.jpg:large

Cl0mre3WYAEAMwj.jpg

Cl0mWdpWIAAm13r.jpg:large

Seeing North Korea there did make me chuckle.

Edited by xoney

The so called young voters who are upset by the decision are hypocrites. 

Only 37% of those between 18-24 who registered actually voted, and only 24% remain. If they didn't want it they should have voted. 

Also, them critising the older vote is shocking. It's the older voter than vote to take us in to the EU 40 years ago. Obviously they have realised their mistake, reversed the decision and hence given the young an opportunity to decide their future.

Americans have no right to critise this decision. I don't see USA united in a United Americas project, with Canada and Mexico. 

• Downvote 2

The fundamental point of why I voted leave and why the vast majority of 17 million voted leave, which the media choices to ignore, is soverienty. You have to look at my parents and grandparents generation. They had a future. They had a sense of genuine patriotism and pride and identity. But nobody asked me if I wanted the EU flag on my driving license and passport. Young people like me dobt have a future in the EU. Britain is a proud country. The EU undermined that and we, the british electorate wanted it back. I wanted to reconnect with who I really am, not be told I am something I never identified with.

This is not a negative thing. It's about having a self confidence and self belief in our ability to flourish in the world today and make our own decisions. The biggest gainers are the young. I just wish they'd all see it. They now have a future. I'm very thrilled and excited. We'll be outward looking again and trading with the world on our own terms, not the EU's.

• Downvote 2

The fundamental point of why I voted leave and why the vast majority of 17 million voted leave, which the media choices to ignore, is soverienty. You have to look at my parents and grandparents generation. They had a future. They had a sense of genuine patriotism and pride and identity. But nobody asked me if I wanted the EU flag on my driving license and passport. Young people like me dobt have a future in the EU. Britain is a proud country. The EU undermined that and we, the british electorate wanted it back. I wanted to reconnect with who I really am, not be told I am something I never identified with.

This is not a negative thing. It's about having a self confidence and self belief in our ability to flourish in the world today and make our own decisions. The biggest gainers are the young. I just wish they'd all see it. They now have a future. I'm very thrilled and excited. We'll be outward looking again and trading with the world on our own terms, not the EU's.

But you literally had the opportunity to go and work in 27 different countries for free with no visa hassle :lmao:. Surely that's a bigger future than only having the opportunity to work in one country for free. 

Reconnect? You can't reconnect with something you never were unless you're really one of the baby boomers who knew life before the EU?

I might have voted leave if I knew it wouldn't give power to the far right to feel themselves more. There's no need for them to be going around targeting the Polish etc. Stupid cunts. 

Farage's speech was hilarious but he's dumb. Why would you taunt and piss off the very people that trade deals need to be made with in the near future?

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

The so called young voters who are upset by the decision are hypocrites. 

Only 37% of those between 18-24 who registered actually voted, and only 24% remain. If they didn't want it they should have voted. 

Also, them critising the older vote is shocking. It's the older voter than vote to take us in to the EU 40 years ago. Obviously they have realised their mistake, reversed the decision and hence given the young an opportunity to decide their future.

Americans have no right to critise this decision. I don't see USA united in a United Americas project, with Canada and Mexico. 

Of course Americans have the right to criticize a decision that has shaken up world markets.  Just like you would have the right to judge our elections.  My 401k was effected all the way over here so yeah I will judge the choices just like everyone else.

The Americas didn't have a massive World War that raged over the continent and needed massive rebuilding and trade agreements which led to the EU.

• Upvote 1

I was very unhappy with the result, it was so close. If I had my UK citizenship, I'd vote to remain.

The older generation is unhappy with the immigration situation in England. I've heard a lot of complaints about the growing East African, East European, and Middle Eastern populations from when I'd visit the UK as a teen. I never understood the issue as they are asylum seekers, but apparently there's been a negative impact on wages and employment.

Now since the Brexit, they're seeing an increase in discrimination against these populations. Exactly what I feared.

I was very unhappy with the result, it was so close. If I had my UK citizenship, I'd vote to remain.

The older generation is unhappy with the immigration situation in England. I've heard a lot of complaints about the growing East African, East European, and Middle Eastern populations from when I'd visit the UK as a teen. I never understood the issue as they are asylum seekers, but apparently there's been a negative impact on wages and employment.

Now since the Brexit, they're seeing an increase in discrimination against these populations. Exactly what I feared.

Are these the same "employment" impact that xenophobic Americans have talked about all these years? 

• Upvote 1

But you literally had the opportunity to go and work in 27 different countries for free with no visa hassle :lmao:. Surely that's a bigger future than only having the opportunity to work in one country for free. 

Reconnect? You can't reconnect with something you never were unless you're really one of the baby boomers who knew life before the EU?

I have no interest in going to work in 27 other countries many of which has youth unemployment at 50%.

The jobs market in the UK is 15 times bigger than Spain for example. Why would I go to Spain that has no jobs for its own people let alone migrants. There is no security, no future. 

The globalisation/EU has taken away young people's futures. My parents generation could buy their first home, they had a choice of jobs, they came out of uni free of debt, they had a real sense of national identity. They were happier (surveys done in the 70s show that british people were the happiest in the world). Young people today don't have any of that, they can't afford to get on the property ladder, they struggle to get entry level jobs, they come out of uni with massive debts, they don't have a sense of identity. 

Life is for most people about having a future, and security. If I'm born here and educated here and my family is here, I want to secure a future here, in a permanent job, in buying a house, in meeting the right person and getting married and having my own kids whom I would wish all the same things for. The rest of the world is for holidays. 

Anyhow, if I really wanted to go and work in another EU country a can do that also outside the EU. We had visa free travel to the 9 original EU countries before we joined the EU ourselves. Granted that's unlilely now cause there are so many countries and we don't want free movement, but I don't mind that. Migration to a country is a serious decision. I wouldn't mind filling in a visa form if migrating was something I really wanted to do. People used to have to have a job to come to, to speak the language fluently, to be able to integrate. The free movement policy has undermined all that. 

I may not have known life outside the EU, but then it's only in recent years that they have intensified the integration of the economies and politics. This is why people want out because its gone too far and the EU doesn't listen. This has had a significant impact on our sense of who we are, are we nationals or europeans. It's the baby boomers I connect with, they are my parents, my grandparents, my family. They know what it truly feels like to be british, to have a genuine sense of patriotism and pride in their country. I admire that. I couldn't be happier with the result. I look forward to the day I can apply for my passport and driving license with the Union Jack on it. 

And I belive bu, once you start to see the benefits in the time to come, you'll come round to the idea. 

Edited by Freexone1
  • Upvote 1

Of course Americans have the right to criticize a decision that has shaken up world markets.

One minute people are saying we'd be irelevant without the EU, the next they are saying my country's decision shook the world. 

Your ur speaker has today called for a trade deal with the UK in parallel with the EU. He said it will be easier and quicker with the EU. 

We will prove this. You can't make sensible deals and have a say as 1 nation when there are 27 other countries involved. Out is better. 

Canada, Australia, New Zealand also have already said they are keen to arrange trade deals with the UK. 

Oh and btw the FTSE 100 has risen back to Pre-Brexit levels. What happened to Armageddon? 

Of course the world will make separate trade deals with the UK.  We aren't going to tell you guys to fuck off. Who said anything about Armageddon in here?  You seem to be leaning towards gross generalizations.

Nothing has even happened yet legally everything is still the same.  The markets was just reacting to uncertainty 

I have no interest in going to work in 27 other countries many of which has youth unemployment at 50%.

The jobs market in the UK is 15 times bigger than Spain for example. Why would I go to Spain that has no jobs for its own people let alone migrants. There is no security, no future. 

The globalisation/EU has taken away young people's futures. My parents generation could buy their first home, they had a choice of jobs, they came out of uni free of debt, they had a real sense of national identity. They were happier (surveys done in the 70s show that british people were the happiest in the world). Young people today don't have any of that, they can't afford to get on the property ladder, they struggle to get entry level jobs, they come out of uni with massive debts, they don't have a sense of identity. 

Life is for most people about having a future, and security. If I'm born here and educated here and my family is here, I want to secure a future here, in a permanent job, in buying a house, in meeting the right person and getting married and having my own kids whom I would wish all the same things for. The rest of the world is for holidays. 

Anyhow, if I really wanted to go and work in another EU country a can do that also outside the EU. We had visa free travel to the 9 original EU countries before we joined the EU ourselves. Granted that's unlilely now cause there are so many countries and we don't want free movement, but I don't mind that. Migration to a country is a serious decision. I wouldn't mind filling in a visa form if migrating was something I really wanted to do. People used to have to have a job to come to, to speak the language fluently, to be able to integrate. The free movement policy has undermined all that. 

I may not have known life outside the EU, but then it's only in recent years that they have intensified the integration of the economies and politics. This is why people want out because its gone too far and the EU doesn't listen. This has had a significant impact on our sense of who we are, are we nationals or europeans. It's the baby boomers I connect with, they are my parents, my grandparents, my family. They know what it truly feels like to be british, to have a genuine sense of patriotism and pride in their country. I admire that. I couldn't be happier with the result. I look forward to the day I can apply for my passport and driving license with the Union Jack on it. 

And I belive bu, once you start to see the benefits in the time to come, you'll come round to the idea. 

I'm sorry.. But c'mon.. It's one thing to like it for its practical reason but do you honestly think the EU stopped you from, as we call it, "The American Dream"? As if the EU forced you to lose nationalism :lol: C'mon.. What kind of fantasy is this? I was waiting to read the "and we lived happily ever after". 

And I mean that in the sincerest way possible

Going abroad for some time is something I've always wanted to do just to see that there's more to life than home. 

I hope you realise that free movement might still have a strong possibility of not going anywhere if we're to strike a deal to trade in the single market? No one that trades in the single market has been able to negotiate a deal that doesn't include freedom of movement, as far as I'm aware. Not even Norway, and I use Norway as an example because mean people are saying we should have a similar deal to them. They still have freedom of movement. I'd be very surprised if we strike a deal that doesn't include it to some extent, even if it's capped with quotas. 

I'll admit I was against the addition of Bosnia, Bulgaria and Romania and other smaller new arrivals. I have said before that the EU needs to scale back to what it used to be and just have the big countries such as ourselves, Germany, France, Italy etc. The main ones. The eastern countries have dragged it down a little due to the poverty that they sadly face. 

I won't come round to it anytime soon - not until I know what deal is being offered. This uncertainty is nauseating. I know the £ is starting to recover but once Article 50 is triggered, I fear it's going to crash even more than it did last week, and this time for a much longer period. In the meantime, I'm making use of still beign in the EU by going on a working holiday next month :excited:

I think I need to get my passport.. $350 to fly to England :umm: 

i just checked trip advisor and I can get a flight for $684 from CLE in October :o  

Its about the same for Paris

do it. Get some worldly experience :shifty: