UK votes to LEAVE Europe!!! Prime Minister resigns!!

bu.

I wish I could laugh at such stupidity, but it really is too sad.

Cornwall, the county where I originally grew up, are now in the awkward position of trying to get £60 million worth of funding that they will no longer get from the EU.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html

Good luck trying to get that funding from the Tories!!!

science will take a hit too. So many research programs rely on funding from the EU. 

Old people are officially the worst

The "taking back ____" rhetoric is straight xenophobia.. Period 

My fellow Millenials, let's do better guys :sigh: this is your future more than it is theirs 

baby boomers screw us over again! And for what? The last 10 years of their lives "in control"? Selfish bastards. Slash their pensions - they were only high because of Europe anyway. 

Cornwall votes for Brexit and then pleads to keep EU funding

The Cornish council has issued a plea for “protection” following the United Kingdom’s vote to leave the European Union.

Cornwall, which has a poor economy and as such has received millions of pounds in subsidies from the EU each year for over a decade, voted decisively to Leave. 

But this money is now threatened following the severing of ties with the EU.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html

:lmao:

Stupid imbeciles 

One of the Scotland... Wherever his golf course is

:ph34r: Swastikas 

Oh cus he's hitler? Appropriate. 

Ireland and Scotland are two different... Countries right? So the Irish were in Scotland? Throwing balls at trumpet? (<----- this was an autocorrect that I decided to leave because it was funny -_-)

• Upvote 1

I wish some of you would do some research before jumping to conclusions

any one with even a rudimentary understanding of economics and markets will know that the "crash" of the £ and the FTSE 100 says nothing much at all. It shows that traders predicted the wrong result, the pound rose to an artificial high, and thus dropped to reflect the actual decision. BIG SHOCKER: experts get things wrong!

It says nothing about the economic benefit of the EU itself, only about speculation and uncertainty. 

Pound and the FTSE100 have already begun to recover (YES, that's how markets work!) and FTSE 100 is already back at the level it was at only 4/5 days ago. 

There is of course uncertainty surrounding the decision to leave... but imo it's a pathetic excuse not do something because of an element of risk. Nothing great was ever achieved without risk

Remaining in the EU poses its own risks anyway. If we had joined the euro our economy would be far worse off than it is now.  EU has a track record (beyond free movement of goods and services) of being a complete and utter failure. It's consistent plans for an ever closer political union and more power (EU army) and expansionist agenda will follow the same path (Turkey, Albania etc.).

You might say that Turkey won't be joining the EU any time soon, but I disagree. History has shown us that if the unelected, unaccountable EU presidents want to pursue something, we should take their word for it. 

Europe is a diminishing share of the global economy. Remaining in it restricts our deals with other countries (that are actually growing and don't have 50% youth unemployment).

"if we stay in the EU, it gives us a seat at the table to help reform it". TRIED AND FAILED.

As for the EU not wanting to make a trade deal with Britain after we have exited. Well, that is a complex issue. If the EU wants to shoot itself in the foot by shutting out Britain then it can do so - it wouldn't be the first time lmao. But this is unlikely.

Britain has a trade deficit with the EU. Less trade will harm them more than it will harm us. And Britain is FAR more stable than the EU. We can certainly cope with some instability, the EU (which is already at a tipping point) CANNOT. 

Notice that the Euro has also depreciated and so too have Banks in the EU area. I wonder if they will bounce back as fast as the UK. I doubt it.

Areas which see the most EU funding have voted to leave. Its interesting what conclusions people take from this. EU does not simply hand out money; it comes with strings attached - regulations. Maybe the areas which receive the most funding deal with the EU the most and are perhaps sick and tired of their involvement which they did not vote for and which cannot be held accountable. perhaps that is the issue.

And we also have the issue of immigration which I don't think is that important. But leaving will gives us the ability to CONTROL what type of immigrants we want and at what levels. IT'S not xenophobic to what to control your borders. If the UK citizens and elected politicians then decide they want MORE immigration then that could certainly happen. But the pressure placed on housing, public services is no small concern and on the wages of low-skilled workers is no small issue.

I simply don't trust Brussel elites to make 15-59% of our laws. And it is naive to think they are more trustworthy than our own politicians. 

SO what do we have? We have a political and economic union that no one voted for, that is unaccountable and unelectable, that wants more power (further eroding our democratic rights and sovereignty) and an ever closer union, and that is economically unstable. 

no thanks! Glad Britain had the courage to vote out. Think globally!

Edited by xoney
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Oh cus he's hitler? Appropriate. 

Ireland and Scotland are two different... Countries right? So the Irish were in Scotland? Throwing balls at trumpet? (<----- this was an autocorrect that I decided to leave because it was funny -_-)

Yeah :unsure: except dumber 

Ireland is an actual island.. East of the "main land".. That's where Trumpf performed. Scotland is north of the UK.. By attached 

Edited by Game

Yeah :unsure: except dumber 

Ireland is an actual island.. East of the "main land".. That's where Trumpf performed. Scotland is north of the UK.. By attached 

Thanks Wikipedia :rolleyes: 

So they are two different countries and you're racist. -_- 

• Upvote 1

I listen to NPR alot, at night its the BBC, which gives you international news and is focused on the current EU situation. NPR is liberal in its leanings, so the idea of Britain leaving the EU is seen as historic in its precedent, that is how the BBC news anchors frame this decision. I found it interesting that the vast majority of young UK citizens disagree with the decision to part ways with the EU. I realize world financial markets were rocked by the decision, calling the move "Brexit" I do believe that the thought of borders being open to those from lands not as progressive as Britain sounds threatening, but it all seems so reactionary. I always think how America is partly great because so many people of different origins came here and received an opportunity to succeed. I think its a failure of our humanity to lose sight in seeing the better in people, I think we all basically want the same things, love, food, shelter, and prosperity for our offspring. What Britain is saying is we don't want "those people from that place" here, and that sounds rather short sighted :unsure: Even the financial markets having a dip, the US Dow Jones index  fell 600 points, our economy lost roughly 800 billion dollars across all our indices combined.  I also dont know about that vote tally when only 51% of the voting electorate can agree on something that's too damn close to be that uncertain. Uncertainty rocks fragile markets, we react, thus far "Brexit" has proven to not be considered this celebratory move, Ive never heard of a Prime Minister announcing they quit basically :mellow:

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

I listen to NPR alot, at night its the BBC, which gives you international news and is focused on the current EU situation. NPR is liberal in its leanings, so the idea of Britain leaving the EU is seen as historic in its precedent, that is how the BBC news anchors frame this decision. I found it interesting that the vast majority of young UK citizens disagree with the decision to part ways with the EU. I realize world financial markets were rocked by the decision, calling the move "Brexit" I do believe that the thought of borders being open to those from lands not as progressive as Britain sounds threatening, but it all seems so reactionary. I always think how America is partly great because so many people of different origins came here and received an opportunity to succeed. I think its a failure of our humanity to lose sight in seeing the better in people, I think we all basically want the same things, love, food, shelter, and prosperity for our offspring. What Britain is saying is we don't want "those people from that place" here, and that sounds rather short sighted :unsure: Even the financial markets having a dip, the US Dow Jones index  fell 600 points, our economy lost roughly 800 billion dollars across all our indices combined.  I also dont know about that vote tally when only 51% of the voting electorate can agree on something that's too damn close to be that uncertain. Uncertainty rocks fragile markets, we react, thus far "Brexit" has proven to not be considered this celebratory move, Ive never heard of a Prime Minister announcing they quit basically :mellow:

That's what interested me most as well.  I was just reading an article on how bitterly disappointed and scared young Brits were about "their grandparents and parents choosing for them" and they are the ones that have to pick up the pieces and live with it.

“We’re the ones who’ve got to live with it for a long time, but a group of pensioners have managed to make a decision for us,” Mr. Phillips, 27, said on Friday of Britain’s decision to withdraw from the European Union. He said he was now “terrified” about the country’s economic prospects.

Louise Driscoll, a 21-year-old barista in London, spent most of the day crying. “I had a bad feeling in my gut,” she said of Britain’s referendum on Europe. “What do we do now? I’m very scared.” Her parents both voted to leave the bloc, she said, and “will probably be gloating.”

More than one million people between 18 and 34 registered in recent months, the most ever for a British election, according to Bite the Ballot and HOPE Not Hate, which encourage young people to vote. Turnout for the referendum, at around 72 percent, was the highest for any national election in Britain since 1992.

But it was not enough.

“Waking up to the #EURefResults and realizing the older generation have just ruined our future,” one young Briton, Toby Pickard, wrote on Twitter.

Another, Sarah Hartley, wrote that “our economy is in tatters” because “our grandparents cared more about their comfort than our future.

• Upvote 1

At the end of the day when Trump, France's Le Pen and our own Farage are telling you well done, then you know you're wrong.

We had an MP (equivalent to a congressman/congresswoman) that was in favour of remaining in the EU shot dead last week. Yes that's right. SHOT dead in little ole England - land where guns are banned. Everyone was shocked and upset. All politicians came together and denounced it and stopped campaigning. As soon as Brexit won, Farage had the nerve to say "We won without any shots being fired". How insulting. 

All this has proven is that the world needs to stop tugging on Americas weave, and fix their own.

• Upvote 2

At the end of the day when Trump, France's Le Pen and our own Farage are telling you well done, then you know you're wrong.

lmao. This is the most narrow minded argument I've ever heard.

I'm sure it holds up well. 

Also, it's kinda distasteful that you would use the murder of an MP to make your point about Brexit. M

smh

lmao. This is the most narrow minded argument I've ever heard.

I'm sure it holds up well. 

Also, it's kinda distasteful that you would use the murder of an MP to make your point about Brexit. M

smh

Pot kettle black

No, what Nigel Farage said was distasteful. 

Keep shaking it

• Upvote 1

And we also have the issue of immigration which I don't think is that important. But leaving will gives us the ability to CONTROL what type of immigrants we want and at what levels. IT'S not xenophobic to what to control your borders.

The Pound has NOT started recovering. Experts expect a 7-10% drop in the coming weeks.

Lmao bc white people controlling other people always turned out well in history.. No it's not xenophobia... It's ignorance

$2 Trillion Global Stocks Wiped Out after Brexit

Global stock markets lost about $2 trillion in value on Friday after Britain voted to leave the European Union, while sterling suffered a record one-day plunge to a 31-year low and money poured into safe-haven gold and government bonds.

The blow to investor confidence and the uncertainty the vote has sparked could keep the Federal Reserve from raising interest rates as planned this year, and even spark a new round of emergency policy easing from major central banks.

The move blindsided investors, who had expected Britain to vote to stay in the EU, and sparked sharp repricing across asset classes. Mainland European equity markets took the brunt of selling as investors feared the vote could destabilize the 28-member bloc by prompting more referendums.

http://www.bnn.ca/News/2016/6/24/Global-Equity-markets-crushed-by-Brexit-vote.aspx

I seen over two million people voted online to possibly overturn this devastating decision. 

Lets head over to Bu, the Head of British Media, for more details.. Bu..  

We won't get a second vote. Democracy won tbh.

Technically there are two ways this can be stopped. Parliament could veto. Or the Queen could come in and say "no" and then abdicate her throne. The latter would be a kii. But the chances of either happening are zero.

Parliament vetoing won't look good to a nation that already feels politicians don't listen. And it would give the far right even more ground. 

And the queen hasn't intervened for decades as far as I know. She didn't even bother to step in during the MPs  expenses scandal which would have been a great time for her to come in and snatch some hair.