Aaliyah turns 15!

bu.

Lemme listen on Apple Music..:(:wub:

Ugh..I remember purchasing this cd..reading the album booklet..I noticed she was working with different producers outside of Timbo..I loved how she changed it up and was giving new people some exposure..

Favorite tracks: "We Need A Resolution", "Rock The Boat", "More Than A Woman", "I Care 4 U", "It's Whatever", "I Can Be", and "What If"..pretty much the whole album..

• Upvote 1

Lemme listen on Apple Music..:(:wub:

Ugh..I remember purchasing this cd..reading the album booklet..I noticed she was working with different producers outside of Timbo..I loved how she changed it up and was giving new people some exposure..

Favorite tracks: "We Need A Resolution", "Rock The Boat", "More Than A Woman", "I Care 4 U", "It's Whatever", "I Can Be", and "What If"..pretty much the whole album..

Eww

Don't forget Extra Smooth :wub:

My only ONE gripe about this album is in I Can Be. I literally cannot tell what she's singing in the verses because to me, the music drowns her out with the effect used on the voice. Other than that, yes this album is just timeless. It sounds fresh even to this day. 

• Upvote 1

My only ONE gripe about this album is in I Can Be. I literally cannot tell what she's singing in the verses because to me, the music drowns her out with the effect used on the voice. Other than that, yes this album is just timeless. It sounds fresh even to this day. 

Are u kidding me????????? Thats the BEST track on the album. The effects of her voice add to the overall production. Some vocals arent meant to be crystal clear imo... the song wouldnt have a depressing,haughting sound if it were. The mood and tone of it is perfection. 

• Upvote 1

Are u kidding me????????? Thats the BEST track on the album. The effects of her voice add to the overall production. Some vocals arent meant to be crystal clear imo... the song wouldnt have a depressing,haughting sound if it were. The mood and tone of it is perfection. 

I'm not dissing the song - it's a sick song. It's just hard for me to tell what she's singing without the lyrics in front of me. 

Probably my favorite album of the 2000s decade. Solid from start to finish with "Loose Rap," "Rock The Boat," "I Can Be," "It's Whatever," and "What If" being my very favorites.

Yes at It's Whatever. Nobody pays attention or talks about that track and it's one of the bests of the album :wub:

It's odd how Aaliyah and One In A Million aren't on Apple Music but Age Ain't Nothing But a Number is :lol:

• Upvote 1

I'm not dissing the song - it's a sick song. It's just hard for me to tell what she's singing without the lyrics in front of me. 

i never had a problem hearing what she was saying... i just had a problem with trying to interpret what she was talking about in 1 or 2 lines :lol: but thats becus its cleverly written. I call it abstract songwriting. But thats another thing...the writers on this album??? SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!

i never had a problem hearing what she was saying... i just had a problem with trying to interpret what she was talking about in 1 or 2 lines :lol: but thats becus its cleverly written. I call it abstract songwriting. But thats another thing...the writers on this album??? SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad she strayed away from Timbaland. Their stuff together was great but working with some unknowns really pushed her. Eric Seats and rapture  were everything! 

• Upvote 1