Speaking of Female rappers: I've been stuck on this chick lately...

LyricalLesson

SOLÉ

"Never Had" :blush:

"4 The Love Of You" (feat. Tamar Braxton) [Tamar sounds JUST like her sister Toni, lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yziLSHu6xSs

It's nice that she found God in her life and wanted to live a more faith focused life-style, but it's sad that she retired from the game after one album. I think she was a great rapper, very versatile. Effortlessly switching from hardcore, to story teller, to sexy (as evidenced in these songs). Very underrated, most only really know her as being Ginuwine's wife, but I think she was one of the better female rappers, better than some that are often celebrated. I've been bumpin' some of her songs on the daily as of late.

I've also been checkin' out some music Charli Baltimore put out in 2008...there's somethin' about her I've loved since I first REALLY paid attention to her on Ja Rule's "Down Ass Bitch".

I'm really liking "P.S." (produced by Scott Storch) even though the chorus is kinda weak, her verses are fire:

"Lose It" -- hooks are not her strong suit, but she does her thing on verses.

Last but certainly not least, I've recently revisited the raunchiness that is Mercedes lmao. I know she isn't necessarily a rapper, she sang more than she rapped but I think she did both well, in fact I think she was one of the most talented members of her entire crew. Master P. & co. were really a hodge podge of terrible rappers...ESPECIALLY Silkk Tha Shocker! :lmao:

"Do You Wanna Ride" :excited: Mercedes' ILLEST song in my opinion:

"It's Your Thing" (feat. Master P.)

If Lauryn ONLY rapped, she would be my pick for female rap GOAT. But it's crazy because she's just as great of a singer as she is a rapper, so it's unfair to call her just a rapper. What a talented woman . . . I really wish she would wake the eff up and smell the coffee. MAKE SOME MORE MUSIC, WOMAN!

Archived