The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

Rihanna Record Sales Pass 10 Million In the UK

Rihanna’s record sales in the UK has passed to 10 million mark, her record label has announced. The singer has reached the milestone six years after the release of her debut album, ‘Music Of The Sun’ in 2005.

Rihanna is the only female artist to have a number one hit single in five consecutive years in the UK, and also secured the longest running number one of the last decade with 2007’s ‘Umbrella’, which retained the top spot for ten consecutive weeks.

Her most recent album ‘Loud’ has already prodcued two number one singles and sold over a million copies in the UK, becoming her fastest-selling album.

Mercury Music Group UK President Jason ILey said: “It was clear to me from the first time that I met Rihanna that she had the potential to be one of the most successful artists in the world. “It has been a privilege to work with her these past six years. I believe that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg, and I’m looking forward to seeing her achieve even greater success in the coming months and years.”

Usher talks about Rihanna and possible collaboration

Usher wants to do a duet with Rihanna. The ‘OMG’ singer said he has been close to the ‘Only Girl (In The World)’ hitmaker for some time and would love for them to make a track together.

He told UK TV’s ‘Loose Women’ program:

‘Of course I’d do a track with her – hold on! We’ve been friends and our teams work together and we’ve talked about working together in the past, but it could potentially happen. ‘I would love to work with her – I think she’s an incredible artist.’

Rihanna has caused a stir with her sexy video for single ‘S&M’, and her raunchy performances at the BRIT awards and at last weekend’s NBA All-Star game in Los Angeles. The singer wore a crystal-covered basque, fringed hotpants and fishnet stockings to perform a medley of her hits, reportedly shocking some of the crowd (like usual).

Usher has defended her, saying: ‘Artistic direction is just that, you know, and obviously subjective. Everyone has their opinion and it’s a family show. I think she is a responsible young lady and maybe the song represented the attitude of, you know, think about it like this – how long have guys been grabbing their crotches?’

Last Girl On Earth set list for Australia

* “Mad House” intro + “Only Girl(In The World)

* “Hard”

* “Shut Up and Drive”

* “FireBomb”

* “Disturbia”

* Interlude

* “Rockstar 101″

* “S&M”

* “Rude Boy”

* “Hate That I Love You”

* “Love The Way You Lie (Part 2)”

* “Unfaithful”

* “Te Amo”

* “What’s My Name”

* “Pon De Replay” Video Interlude

* “Don’t Stop The Music”

* “Breakin’ Dishes”

* “Let Me”

* “S.O.S”

* “Take A Bow”

* “Wait your Turn”

* “Live Your Life” + “Run This Town”

* “Umbrella”

Rihanna To Star In Bodyguard Remake?

Rihanna is allegedly being lined-up to replace Whitney Houston in a remake of the 1992 smash hit movie, The Bodyguard.

According to Deadline.com, RiRi’s name has been thrown into the mix of taking the lead role in the flick, which could mean the Barbadian beauty belting out the monster tune, I Will Always Love You.

Movie bosses are said to be looking for a new Whitney in a more modern take on the classic film, where the leading lady will be stalked by an obsessive fan via Twitter, Google Maps and TMZ.

As well as Rihanna, the likes of Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift have also been mentioned to star as the female lead.

Houston’s original bodyguard, played by Kevin Costner, is expected to be replaced by a former Iraq war veteran, who lands the role after returning from action.

Deadline claim: “The goal is to take a young female singer with global appeal and give her the platform that The Bodyguard did Houston.”

The remake will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of Whitney and Costner’s original film, which made a cool $250million at the worldwide box-office.

http://www.ultimate-rihanna.com/2011/02/25/news/rihanna-to-star-in-the-bodyguard-remake/