L.A. Reid Steps Down As Chairman Of Island Def Jam

ThatOtherFan

BREAKING: L.A. Reid Steps Down As Chairman Of Island Def Jam

VIBE.COM By: Vibe Posted 3-17-2011 12:26 pm

Tags:

Island Def Jam, L.A. reid

Looks like the music industry is taking another hit this year. According to Entertainment Weekly music mogul and Chairman of Island Def Jam (well, EX- Chairman) L.A. Reid announced his resignation this morning. The guy responsible for managing megastars Rihanna, Kanye West, and new pop prince Justin Beiber released an official letter to his long-standing staff that followed:

To my Island Def Jam family:

After much consideration, I have decided to leave my position as Chairman of the Island Def Jam Music Group.

I have always thrived on growth and the next great challenge, and I look forward with much enthusiasm to what the future holds.

I am extremely proud of our beautiful roster and all we have accomplished in my seven years with IDJ. We continue to have incredible success together with today’s most phenomenal superstars Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey, Kanye West, Bon Jovi, Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo, Rick Ross, The Killers, The-Dream, Chrisette Michele, Jeezy and Ludacris to name a few. I want to thank all of you for your amazing contributions.

With Warm Regards –

LA

The music doesn't stop however for Reid. He's set to join the judging table with Simon Cowell on the American Idol-esque singing competition The X Factor

http://vibe.com/posts/its-wrap-la-reid-steps-down-chairman-island-def-jam

Tags:

Looks like the music industry is taking another hit this year. According to Entertainment Weekly music mogul and Chairman of Island Def Jam (well, EX- Chairman) L.A. Reid announced his resignation this morning. The guy responsible for managing megastars Rihanna, Kanye West, and new pop prince Justin Beiber released an official letter to his long-standing staff that followed:

After much consideration, I have decided to leave my position as Chairman of the Island Def Jam Music Group.

I have always thrived on growth and the next great challenge, and I look forward with much enthusiasm to what the future holds.

I am extremely proud of our beautiful roster and all we have accomplished in my seven years with IDJ. We continue to have incredible success together with today’s most phenomenal superstars Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey, Kanye West, Bon Jovi, Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo, Rick Ross, The Killers, The-Dream, Chrisette Michele, Jeezy and Ludacris to name a few. I want to thank all of you for your amazing contributions.

With Warm Regards –

LA

The music doesn't stop however for Reid. He's set to join the judging table with Simon Cowell on the American Idol-esque singing competition The X Factor

http://vibe.com/post...-island-def-jam

he's going to sony music

http://gottahavetea....turning-to.html

http://thatgrapejuic...012/#more-32222

Tags:

With Warm Regards –

LA

http://vibe.com/posts/its-wrap-la-reid-steps-down-chairman-island-def-jam

Don't care about the Biebs, but using his gifs :thumbup:

Your anger has you very dazed and confused...I would say go get some dick, but that's mission impossible for you :filenails:

<_<

His boss hates him and public humiliated him in front of the biw wigs of the company...it was "resign" or be romoved for his simple ass...now what is J Lo gonna do cuz don't nobody else at that place believe in her ass

Thank you!

He may be going to Sony, but his ass was kicked the fuck out of Def Jam! :coffee:

His boss hates him and public humiliated him in front of the biw wigs of the company...it was "resign" or be romoved for his simple ass...now what is J Lo gonna do cuz don't nobody else at that place believe in her ass

funny you say that her new video has more hits than Gaga's video with in 2 week Jennifer has over 30 million hits on vevo American Idol is all she need right now the show is doing better than it has in 3 years LA will still executive produce the album it's done they already have the singles picked she has the #5 song right now on billboard because of the power of American Idol they pushed her album back to the end of May so she can perform on American Idol finale and get them album sales milk milk milk American Idol Jennifer

funny you say that her new video has more hits than Gaga's video with in 2 week Jennifer has over 30 million hits on vevo American Idol is all she need right now the show is doing better than it has in 3 years LA will still executive produce the album it's done they already have the singles picked she has the #5 song right now on billboard because of the power of American Idol they pushed her album back to the end of May so she can perform on American Idol finale and get them album sales milk milk milk American Idol Jennifer

Idol is responsible for her current success, but that doesn't change the fact that LA Reid was the one who beleive in her at that label, and now he is gone...she better hope her shit doesn't get sabotaged

Archived