The Audio thread

RedSimba

:lol: Alright, I'm going to post something a little different this time. As most know, I cannot sing my way out a paper bag with a centillion holes in it, so for a change of pace I thought I'd upload audio of my violin-playing. First, I recorded myself playing Felix Mendelssohn's "Concerto In E Minor" which is the current piece I'm working on. Also, as a bonus, I recorded myself playing the string sections of "This Time" and "Velvet Rope" (not nearly as well as Vanessa-Mae tho!)

>>> The Mendelssohn Concerto (work in progress) <<<

This clip is 9 minutes long so you don't have to hear all of it (or any of it lol), and it's still a work-in-progress (so don't expect anything near professional! :lol:). I have a ways to go, but I think I'm making progress. I actually edited out a few do-overs not only to show how it's supposed to sound but because it's long enough as it is. -_- Many things I need to work on, like intonation and bringing up the tempo and keeping it consistent, and the very end is a type of bow-playing I'm just beginning.

>>> This Time (attempt) <<<

This one went worse than I expected considering how many times I've attempted it, but it's been a while tho lol. Also, I'm a lot worse when I don't have sheet music as a reference. Maybe next time I'll print sheet music (I can write it down by ear). The original song is in C# minor, but it's way easier if I play it a half-step up in D minor -_- ~ I kept the do-overs because it's under 2 minutes anyway ... I promise I can do better. Today just isn't my day lol

>>> Velvet Rope (attempt) <<<

I haven't given this one that many attempts actually. The song is in A-flat major yet I foolishly started out a half step lower in G major! >_<:lol: That's how you know I haven't played this one enough! :lol: Vanessa-Mae's playing obviously PWNED mine, which goes without saying but I wanted to say it anyway. :P

overall coments

Despite all the obvious flaws (like intonation), for once I actually feel somewhat legitimate posting audio clips. :lol: I just need to practice these a lot more. This was just a demo, as raocow would say lol, a demo to test out the recording feature on my iPod touch and then convert it to mp3.

Hope I didn't overhype myself too much. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I messed so much up >_<, but finally here's another vid of me playing around on Maurice Ravel's "Tzigane." It's beyond my level at the moment, but I love playing it. :lol: I haven't practiced this one in a while so that's why it sounds rustier than how it'd usually sound.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Flop thread :lmao: Well lemme post my infamous "Black Cat" destruction again just for the nostalgia... :P

WARNING! For those who don't know, this recording is so awful it's EVIL and can cause severe psychological damage. Keep out of reach of children!

Black Cat

KennyCal (one of the original members) said it best: "Oh Jesus my ears. This file contains 50 MB of the devil. Do not download in the name of God!" :lmao:

Dang I can't believe the vocal is nearly 7 years old now lol. I originally recorded it completely acappella with no backing beat, so lining it up with the instrumental was really difficult.

Flop thread :lmao: Well lemme post my infamous "Black Cat" destruction again just for the nostalgia... :P

WARNING! For those who don't know, this recording is so awful it's EVIL and can cause severe psychological damage. Keep out of reach of children!

Black Cat

KennyCal (one of the original members) said it best: "Oh Jesus my ears. This file contains 50 MB of the devil. Do not download in the name of God!" :lmao:

Dang I can't believe the vocal is nearly 7 years old now lol. I originally recorded it completely acappella with no backing beat, so lining it up with the instrumental was really difficult.

What in the Last Exorcism are you doing to my favorite song? :umm::lol: ...part of my kind liked it though, especially when your voice ( :huh: ) got a little more softer and more audible. :mellow: That ending screech was epic!

Yeah selz! :clapping:

What in the Last Exorcism are you doing to my favorite song? :umm::lol: ...part of my kind liked it though, especially when your voice ( :huh: ) got a little more softer and more audible. :mellow: That ending screech was epic!

It's my favorite song to attempt (I won't dare say "sing" :lol:) ...sorry for taking it victim. -_-:lol: