TINA TURNER SAYS BEYONCE IS BETTER than she was in her prime

janetDAYZ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have to know history. I mean, the video speaks for itself. :umm:

Tina was either being very nice and humble...or she had truly taken a few puffs of something as others have said. lol

Either way, for YOU to have an opinion, you would have to know Tina's body of work (catalog, performance, etc) and you don't. You can't state an opinion on what Tina's said because you have no reference for it (other than your stanning for Bey) :coffee:

I mean, what Tina said is clear as day. :unsure: She flat out said Beyonce is better than her in her day. You can't argue with the horses mouth. It's like one of us trying to challenge Janet's word. We'd lose every time.

...and as I said Tina was either being nice or very humble.

I KNOW what she said...it doesn't make it true (in reference to THIS subject only)

Since you have no knowledge of Tina's body of work, you can't comment or state an opinion.

If Stevie Wonder were to say Neyo (or some other random male artist) is better than him in his prime. What would your reaction to that be?

First, Stevie Wonder would never utter such ridiculousness. Even he knows that would be a lie. No artist dead or alive can compare to Stevie in his prime, musically speaking that is.

And Tina said what she said. When you're praising someone, and you volunteer an opinion that isn't part of answering the question, usually the person believes there's some truth to it.

First, Stevie Wonder would never utter such ridiculousness. Even he knows that would be a lie. No artist dead or alive can compare to Stevie in his prime, musically speaking that is.

And Tina said what she said. When you're praising someone, and you volunteer an opinion that isn't part of answering the question, usually the person believes there's some truth to it.

ftw

...and why can you say that? Because you KNOW what Stevie's body of work gives.

Now someone with no knowledge of Stevie, but who knows Neyo as an artist/writer/producer might say, "well that's just Stevie's opinion." and wouldn't see the utter silliness in it.

Hence, the reason I said initially, "Even Tina knows that is a damn lie...I REFUSE :coffee: "

Because I know what Tina's body of work gives....just like you know Stevie.

Get it. Got it. Good. B)

...and why can you say that? Because you KNOW what Stevie's body of work gives.

Now someone with no knowledge of Stevie, but who knows Neyo as an artist/writer/producer might say, "well that's just Stevie's opinion." and wouldn't see the utter silliness in it.

Hence, the reason I said initially, "Even Tina knos that is a damn lie...I REFUSE :coffee: "

Because I know what Tina's body of work gives....just like you know Stevie.

Get it. Got it. Good. B)

You don't necessarily have to know an artists' body of work. You can look at how they're revered with the critics, and how often they are mentioned as influences. For example, I don't know anything about Bob Dylan, but he seems to be a favorite with critics, and he and/or his work, always ranking high on compiled lists.

Once again, Tina volunteered information that had nothing to do with the question. I'm gonna argue Tina's words. She said it. And you will deal. B)

You don't necessarily have to know an artists' body of work. You can look at how they're revered with the critics, and how often they are mentioned as influences. For example, I don't know anything about Bob Dylan, but he seems to be a favorite with critics, and he and/or his work, always ranking high on compiled lists.

Once again, Tina volunteered information that had nothing to do with the question. I'm gonna argue Tina's words. She said it. And you will deal. B)

You don't have to know about their body of work to know they are revered by critics and the industry itself (which Tina is), but to in relation to a topic like this... you can't form or state an opinion because you have no knowledge of the artists body of work.

So it goes back to the example I used with Stevie. How do you know it would be pure silliness for Stevie to say that? Because you know what his body of work gives. That's why it's silly even if he were to say something like that. I KNOW what Tina body of work gives... hence the reason I can say Tina knows that's a lie.

I'm not forming an opinion. I'm just going off what Tina said. Don't argue with the horse's mouth. B)

Again, using the Stevie example...

Someone with no knowledge of Stevie, but who knows Neyo as an artist/writer/producer might say, "Well that's just Stevie's opinion." and wouldn't see the utter silliness in it.

If you had knowledge of Tina's body of work you COULD have an opinion and even understand why someone who does know of her body of work thinks it's pure foolishness.

So again, knowledge of Tina's body of work is ESSENTIAL when it comes to even participating in a topic such as this. ^_^

Once again, I'm not stating an opinion. I'm just repeating what Tina already said. And she believes Beysus is better than her. B) If you don't like it, take it up with Tina because right now you're arguing with the wrong person. B)

Once again, I'm not stating an opinion. I'm just repeating what Tina already said. And she believes Beysus is better than her. B) If you don't like it, take it up with Tina because right now you're arguing with the wrong person. B)

Again...

Someone with no knowledge of Stevie, but who knows Neyo as an artist/writer/producer might say, "Well that's just Stevie's opinion." and wouldn't see the utter silliness in it.

Therefore, knowledge of Tina's body of work is ESSENTIAL when it comes to even participating in a topic such as this. :yep:

LAWD....I just actually watched the video.

And the person cut and pasted that to make it seem like Tina was saying Beyonce was better than her. :lmao:

Had I actually WATCHED the video, I would've clocked it IMMEDIATELY. :sigh:

I swear, the beys stans...are truly insane. :blink:

To confirm my suspicions were correct, I just watched the video on this person's channel and he even admitted it. Though he claims what Tina actually said was "edited out" when the video ripped...GIRL BYE! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"@DatBitch009 GIRL! SIT THE FUCK DOWN! 1. NOBODY EDITED OUT ANYTHING THATS JUST HOW IT RIPPED (TAKE IT UP WITH GOD). 2. IF YOU ARE GOIN TO QUOTE SOMEONE DO IT CORRECTLY TINA SAID "SHE LOOKS ABSOLUTELY BETTER THAN I EVER DID IN MY TIME" NOT THAT HSIT YOU FONTED 3. WHERE IS THE TEA WHEN I ALREADY HAVE TINA'S COMMENTS ON HER OWN VIDEO? =\ 4. WITH OR WITHOUT TINA'S INPUT KANYE'S POINT STILL STANDS!!! GET OVER YOURSELF & NOT TRY IT WITH ME NEXT TIME. THX.

Here4BeyonSLAY "

If he wanted to use that portion of the video...he should've made sure he "quoted" Tina correctly (or made sure that the "video ripped" properly :rolleyes: ) ...instead going off on people who clocked his phony tea. :coffee:

Austineisha, please get your fellow Bey stans together. :sigh:

Perhaps you should watch the whole video.

Seems to me that Tina said Beyonce did "Proud Mary" better than she did in her time.

I did actually watch that video. In that comment I quoted he said the video was on his channel, so I found it and watched it. Which made his comment that the video didn't "rip" properly all the more funny. :sigh:

As I said, get your fellow stans together Austineisha. I'm not here for them cut/pasting vids together just to build Beyonce up.

That's just pathetic.

Archived