Janet Interview with Closer magazine

Reyna ♔

The award-winning songstress is close with her late brother Michael’s children – son Prince, 14, daughter Paris, 13 and nine-year-old son Blanket.

Janet, who doesn’t have any children of her own, is glad she shares a close bond with her nieces and nephews, and is also proud of the fact she is known as the “cool” relative.

“We are a very close family. I love them all very much. A lot of my nieces and nephews come to me when they need someone to talk to. I’ve been told I’m the cool aunt!” she laughed in an interview with Closer magazine.

Janet is not afraid to step out of the spotlight. The 45-year-old star, who is the youngest child of the Jackson family, tries not to let peoples’ negative comments affect her.

“It would be nice to have a little more privacy. Whenever I feel like I need to step back a little, I do. I recharge and then I am ready to go again,” she explained. “People will always have opinions about you. It took me a long time, but I have learned that you need to be true to yourself.”

Janet says she appreciates what fame has given her. The stunning star, who is ranked as one of the richest women in entertainment, has met people who will remain her life-long friends throughout her illustrious career.

“[Fame] is all I have ever really known. I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given through my work and I have made some amazing friends along the way,” she added.

Source: http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/35915-Janet-Jackson%253A-I%25E2%2580%2599m-a-cool-aunt.html

'Tomboy' Janet Jackson

Janet Jackson has only just started to enjoy wearing dresses but admits she will always be a ''tomboy'' at heart.

Janet Jackson is a "tomboy".

The 45-year-old singer has slowly started to embrace more feminine clothing, but admits she needs the assistance of a stylist to choose glamorous outfits.

She said: "I've always been a tomboy. I have started to enjoy wearing dresses more but I am a tomboy at heart.

"I work with an amazing stylist, Robert Behar, who helps me when I'm going to public events. Otherwise, I just put on jeans and a T-shirt."

Janet has seen her weight fluctuate over the years and while she is now happy with herself, she admits it can be difficult to maintain a good regime when on the road.

She told Closer magazine: "I always see things I want to change and think I will always have body issues, but I am happy with where I am.

"I try not to call it a diet, but a lifestyle. It's easy in that I get double the amount of exercise in because I try to work out before doing the two-hour show.

"But it's also harder because your body doesn't get the time to recoup what it really needs."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/tomboy-janet-jackson_1228224

Archived