The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

I'm a hip hop fan and I hate the regular Triumphant with those 2 nobodies, but then again, a LARGE majority of rappers today I think are shit, just like pop stars today. Mariah would've impressed me if this track didnt sound like every hip hop song on the radio for the last couple of years, she's tooooo good for that (it's what I couldn't stand about Memoirs, it wasn't anything special about the music or who she was working with on that album). Ima need her to be strong enough to take a chance and almost seemingly reinvent R&B, because she can. But going the hiphop/r&b route is NOT doing anything for her and hasnt for years, she needs JUST R&B.

I'll say it again....might be time for her to give JD the boot. Like he's seemingly keeping her making the same types of songs

Tho she is my 2nd fave female artist she does have 4 albums that I don't like hardly at all, so I kind of am worried about the album, tho like Redsimba said, her 1st single is almost never a indication of how the album will be ever since.....Honey I'd say (sometimes it was tho, Through The Rain, Loverboy, It's Like That, Touch My Body). BUT this was my least fave debut single of her discography....so I'm a little worried, I expected more, but I still want to expect more.

She's never put out a bad album to me neither (surprise surprise lol). I do acknowledge flaws with some... E=MC² is not as organic as other albums, Charmbracelet I have to be in the right mood for (which I am about 70% of the time anyway lol), but I still always find many great things to love about each of them. E= is coded with fun "Mariahisms," and I enjoy the laidback summery vibe on Charm. And I ride hard for Rainbow and Memoirs - I could go on and on about them I'll get Careyed away :P:blush:

Can't fall dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn...stay triumphant keep on living. Stay on your toes...get off the ropes. Don't let them ever count you out

She's done it again. she's given a song ot me that has made me feel the way I felt when Can't Take That Away and Through The Rain were released. The lyrics are just everything. The Vintage Mix >>>>>

Can't fall dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn...stay triumphant keep on living. Stay on your toes...get off the ropes. Don't let them ever count you

She's done it again. she's given a song ot me that has made me feel the way I felt when Can't Take That Away and Through The Rain were released. The lyrics are just everything. The Vintage Mix >>>>>

You know what if she released the vintage mix as the main version and the rap version as a remix I'd love it soooo damn much. Yea them lyrics really slay me, hell 1 of my cousins who's EXTREMELY jealous of me (he's also trying to get in the industry, has been for like 5 years, and in 8months I'm closser than he's ever been, so he's dogging me out), and he almost got me feeling down but the Vintage mix came on on my shuffle.............and on the GET UP GET UP GET UP GO! REACH FOR THE STARS, bitch I had to stand up and jump up & down. Janet, Michael, & Mariah are the only people to make me do that with their words and how they sing them.

You know what if she released the vintage mix as the main version and the rap version as a remix I'd love it soooo damn much. Yea them lyrics really slay me, hell 1 of my cousins who's EXTREMELY jealous of me (he's also trying to get in the industry, has been for like 5 years, and in 8months I'm closser than he's ever been, so he's dogging me out), and he almost got me feeling down but the Vintage mix came on on my shuffle.............and on the GET UP GET UP GET UP GO! REACH FOR THE STARS, bitch I had to stand up and jump up & down. Janet, Michael, & Mariah are the only people to make me do that with their words and how they sing them.

I hope she makes a video for the vintage mix - I think that is where she slipped up. It should have been the other way round. The vintage mix should have been the original and the normal one the remix. I do like the one with the rappers though.

I hope she makes a video for the vintage mix - I think that is where she slipped up. It should have been the other way round. The vintage mix should have been the original and the normal one the remix. I do like the one with the rappers though.

You & me both on the video part. I would've liked the rap remix SOOOOOOOOOO much more if it wasnt like she was featured on her own song, but it wasnt her 1st song that she was seemingly featured on and gave it all to a rapper, her duet with Mystical, but that slayed, thats when Mystical could do NO wrong, and tho I BADLY wish she sang more than the chours and bridge to that 1 I just prefer it big time. I also like the beat to the vintage mix better than the original, and like how the vintage mix's pace goes. But on her end theres a few parts to the original I like and wish was in the vintage mix, but it is what it is.

I was thinking how for me personally between the 2 mixes its almost parallel to what I want from her and what I want her to stay away from, I NEEED more of the vintage type songs because it was "vintage" without sounding dated, and the original is the direction I NEED for her to ignore. But thats me. We'll just be suprised at which direction she goes, I got hope but I'm a lil nervous.

You & me both on the video part. I would've liked the rap remix SOOOOOOOOOO much more if it wasnt like she was featured on her own song, but it wasnt her 1st song that she was seemingly featured on and gave it all to a rapper, her duet with Mystical, but that slayed, thats when Mystical could do NO wrong, and tho I BADLY wish she sang more than the chours and bridge to that 1 I just prefer it big time. I also like the beat to the vintage mix better than the original, and like how the vintage mix's pace goes. But on her end theres a few parts to the original I like and wish was in the vintage mix, but it is what it is.

I was thinking how for me personally between the 2 mixes its almost parallel to what I want from her and what I want her to stay away from, I NEEED more of the vintage type songs because it was "vintage" without sounding dated, and the original is the direction I NEED for her to ignore. But thats me. We'll just be suprised at which direction she goes, I got hope but I'm a lil nervous.

Don't forget If We :lol:. I always forget what verse she sang on that lol. I just seem to remember Ja Rules rap and then her singing the chorus lol.

What I love about the Vintage mix is that she's somewhat "given in" to the trend of dance music at the moment yet kept the fact that she did it first in the 90s with the vintage feel to it lol. So it's not like she sold out because she's doing what she already did but with a twist lol. I mean Madonna is somewhat a good example. Yeah her MDNA album sucked but the one song where she hooked up with her Walter/Jimmy Jam/Terry (hers is William Orbit) is the one song that got her a Golden Globe and critical acclaim. I'm not expecting Pre-Butterfly type music but I am hoping that Mariahs reunion with Walter and Stevie will have a certain 'depth' to it that the more fun/light E=MC2/Memoirs didn't (Minus I Wish You Well, I Want To Know...).

• Upvote 1

Don't forget If We :lol:. I always forget what verse she sang on that lol. I just seem to remember Ja Rules rap and then her singing the chorus lol.

What I love about the Vintage mix is that she's somewhat "given in" to the trend of dance music at the moment yet kept the fact that she did it first in the 90s with the vintage feel to it lol. So it's not like she sold out because she's doing what she already did but with a twist lol. I mean Madonna is somewhat a good example. Yeah her MDNA album sucked but the one song where she hooked up with her Walter/Jimmy Jam/Terry (hers is William Orbit) is the one song that got her a Golden Globe and critical acclaim. I'm not expecting Pre-Butterfly type music but I am hoping that Mariahs reunion with Walter and Stevie will have a certain 'depth' to it that the more fun/light E=MC2/Memoirs didn't (Minus I Wish You Well, I Want To Know...).

LOL I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IF WE, but it's a song I was never really there for because yea I didnt feel like she was much there for it either lol.

And I know EXACTLY what you mean with the Vintage mix, and thats why I think it'd fit in with today's radio, it does not sound exactly like every pop song out today, it don't sound dated, it has a fresh tone and pace to it, it would've worked great. I think I can't expect pre-Butterfly (specifically Emotions, the golden album in my book) type of sound, its what I've been expecting until Triumphant, and that rap version brought me fuckin back to earth like, just cause she's going old school dont mean she wants to abandon Hip/Hop Mariah (sadly for me). I think in all honesty I have to lower my expectations but I SOOOOO badly want for her to give me that Emotions type of album 1 more time, but I guess thatd be asking too much, me wanting her to pull out the Emotions stuff is like me asking Janet's next album to be a perfect blend of RN, janet, & TVR.

Literally watching Glitter right now, and I cant help but think,and ask you guys, am I the ONLY 1 who thinks Mariahs actual story about her life and family and journey to stardom would've made 100times the better story/movie than this? Like my whole problem with Glitter was and today is always theres sooo many wholes to that script its ridiculous. Mariah's story would've translated better I think. What do you guys?

LOL I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IF WE, but it's a song I was never really there for because yea I didnt feel like she was much there for it either lol.

And I know EXACTLY what you mean with the Vintage mix, and thats why I think it'd fit in with today's radio, it does not sound exactly like every pop song out today, it don't sound dated, it has a fresh tone and pace to it, it would've worked great. I think I can't expect pre-Butterfly (specifically Emotions, the golden album in my book) type of sound, its what I've been expecting until Triumphant, and that rap version brought me fuckin back to earth like, just cause she's going old school dont mean she wants to abandon Hip/Hop Mariah (sadly for me). I think in all honesty I have to lower my expectations but I SOOOOO badly want for her to give me that Emotions type of album 1 more time, but I guess thatd be asking too much, me wanting her to pull out the Emotions stuff is like me asking Janet's next album to be a perfect blend of RN, janet, & TVR.

She's been through a lot in the past 3 years since Memoirs so it wouldn't surprise me if we did get some deep songs tbh. Miscarriage, the kids, illness etc. She has a lot to write about. As long as I get my ballads and lots of adlibs I'm happy lol. I just hope there's no "corny" lyrics lol. I love Memoirs but I really want some deep serious lyrics lol

I love Glitter :wub:! It's so good! Cheesy but good.

A true lamb indeed, I love Glitter for Mariah and the music....and NOTHING else lol, What I hate is EVERYTIME I watch it theres sooo much that would've made it better, like her acting was not the problem at all, for the most part, she's no Janet but she's no Kim Kardashian either so the acting for the most part was good. I just hate plot holes, and this movie has more than an abandoned cemetary but god damnit I love lookin at Mariah lol. And I love that soundtrack.

Do you think a closer adaptation of her actual story would've made a better movie? Like realistically it could've went up to when she left Matolla and the whole Butterfly era. But I think they started pre-production of GLitter in 98, so that was FRESH on/off her divorce so I guess back then it wasn't even a option lol.

She's been through a lot in the past 3 years since Memoirs so it wouldn't surprise me if we did get some deep songs tbh. Miscarriage, the kids, illness etc. She has a lot to write about. As long as I get my ballads and lots of adlibs I'm happy lol. I just hope there's no "corny" lyrics lol. I love Memoirs but I really want some deep serious lyrics lol

You know what, lyrically I'm 100% content, like I'm almost sure she'll deliver on the lyrics, hell even Triumphant proved that with both versions. More than even the hip hop/ghetto stuff, what I MOST want her to slow down on is alll that whispering-singing. Like lyrically speaking Rainbow & Charmbracelet were wonderful, but what puts them at the bottom of my list is both albums have SOOOOOOOO much whiny-whispering, and I don't even like it when Janet does it too much, but Janet's like the only 1 who won't make me completely dislike an album with too much. Now lately Maraih has been showing off the pipes more (like from EOM-now) but she still whispers alot...a whole lot. So worst case scenereo for me with the new album would be Ghetto Fabulous Hip hop hood Mariah, with mostly whispery-whiny vocals, yet slaying lyrics. Instead of unmatchable pop/R&B Mariah, with mostly strongggg vocals and slaying lyrics