The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

I havent heard it yet, but I SOOO trust what Trent said, so I can't wait to hear it........and that shade for the last 3 remixes........so true/necessary :ph34r:

After boring the world with three boring and completely unnecessary changes to “#Beautiful”, Mariah Carey has finally released a remix of the song worth discussing! Reportedly crafted by DJ Mustard, this completely reworked cut of “#Beautiful” features both Young Jeezy and Miguel.

Bolstered by added bass, Carey wafts through her higher registers as she flirts with Jeezy, who praises her as his one and only main chick. Unfortunately for Miguel, he is pushed to the background and his vocals are primarily heard on the chorus of the song, which needs this remix to gain momentum on Urban radio and by extension, the Billboard Hot 100.

Both Carey and Miguel will perform at the 2013 BET Awards tomorrow, and speculation that Jeezy will appear during their set has already begun to swirl. If they want this remix to be a hit on iTunes, it will certainly be a good idea for all three acts to hit the stage.

Just heard it and recieved ma life, YES, glad my expectations were so low cause it just slayed, it was SO not what I was execting. This is the onlyr emix that matters, what I find significant about it is if the original didn't exist and just this remix did, it'd be classic post 05 Mariah (in the good way), but what makes the original special is it's a sound she hasn't done, THIS is what a re-record should be, unlike Triumphant, it doesn't massively over shadow the original, but more so stands (imo) right behind the original.

As a Mariah fan who's a HARSH critic of "Hoodriah" & rap-Mariah, this 1 was great...........................................................now release that damn 2nd single, come on now and stop playin.