I hope I did the right thing

Xtraordinary Xternal

My nephew came out to my oldest sister (his mother) she was honestly a lil hurt by it but she trying to understand stuff. However when my brother found out he wasn't pleased and said some hurtful things and got physical with my nephew. He doesn't like gay people at all... My nephew been staying with me... he found me on facebook when it happened and we talked.

Up until last week I haven't seen my nephew in years hes 17 now... I never knew how much of an impact I made on him he remembers all the things I did for him when he was younger. My oldest niece and nephew are like my lil brother and sister we had a really tight bond. He didn't understand why I suddenly disappeared for years he thought it was something they did. I told him it wasn't anything they did over the years my brother tried to convince them that I didn't love them because I stopped talking to all of them.

I took him home lastnight my oldest sister cried and said she really missed me.... she kicked my brother out since he was staying at her house. I hope I did the right thing... I want to protect my nephew but he also needs to man up and face his fears... I told him if he ever needed to talk or just wanted to hang out he could always call me or come over... I'm glad my brother wasn't around who knows what I would have done to him... he can be such a fucking bully and I hate bullies.

Wow thats big. Coming out is so hard to do and hearing all that from your brother must have seriously hurt your nephew so I think you definitely did the right thing. A few days or so away is probably what he needs. And sinc eyour sister misses you it could perhaps be an opportunity to 'get close' again. I wish your nephew the best. Even if your brother never accepts it at least he has an uncle in you to confide and trust in.

that was nice of you uncle. AS a mom I know it would make me happy to know my child is with family in a time of need :thumbup:

Lol he wants to live with me... I don't think I would mind... He can't believe I just turned 28 thats old to him :lmao:

I know my brother will eventually try him again... but this time he will handle it better... I gave him some advice on how to deal with him. I sent him a message on facebook letting him know I will beat the shit out of him if he touches my nephew again.

Lol he wants to live with me... I don't think I would mind... He can't believe I just turned 28 thats old to him :lmao:

I know my brother will eventually try him again... but this time he will handle it better... I gave him some advice on how to deal with him. I sent him a message on facebook letting him know I will beat the shit out of him if he touches my nephew again.

wow do u think u r ready to take on a 17yr old and all that come with one :unsure: cuss i got one and lawd! lol

wow do u think u r ready to take on a 17yr old and all that come with one :unsure: cuss i got one and lawd! lol

LOL my boyfriend asked me the same thing. Are they that bad? He was pretty calm of course he wanted to go to the club with us but he not old enough. LOL I don't know if I could watch him date since I would be protective of him. -_-

LOL my boyfriend asked me the same thing. Are they that bad? He was pretty calm of course he wanted to go to the club with us but he not old enough. LOL I don't know if I could watch him date since I would be protective of him. -_-

depends on the kid. but they do wanna grow up fast. my daughter tries me sometimes but pretty much we get along. she has more mouth than anything but she fears her daddy so that helps a lot ;)

hhank god she just got a job. now she needs her license. they want a lot at this age cuss the r still not legal and limited to what they can and cannot do.they need a lot of help financially and mentally.

Archived