Smash

Kim

Was that a good show? They've cancelled a couple on me before and I wasn't pleased. :umm:

Remember when they dominated with all those sitcoms? My, how times have change.

He looks so much hotter in the show than the pics that just came up on Google. :umm:

those pictures dont do him justice at alll

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PREACH! Adrienne really made a damn fool out of herself with this reunion. I love Brandi & Lisa's burgeoning friendship, it's too cute. ^_^

Did you hear about Taylor, Adrienne, and Kyle holding a meeting to plan to drag Lisa at the reunion? They looked like complete fools trying to come for her. I also love Lisa/Brandi and I liked how Camille stuck up for Brandi tonight when Taylor tried to make her look bad

'Smash' starts solid; 'Voice' tops Monday ratings

by James Hibberd

Monday’s twin debuts of The Voice in its regular time slot and freshman drama Smash delivered pretty good news for NBC.

As expected, The Voice ratings (17.7 million viewers, 6.6 adults 18-49) dropped sharply from Sunday’s post-Super Bowl debut. The singing competition was down 60 percent. But this was NBC’s highest-rated regular entertainment series telecast in over 4 years and gave the network a rare Monday night victory. It’s also up 29 percent from last year’s series debut of The Voice and grew steadily each half hour.

Smash (11.5 million, 3.8) news was a bit more mixed. The musical was the third-highest rated new drama debut of the season and delivered the biggest 10 p.m. rating of any drama this season. Yet even with the mammoth Voice lead-in, four rival network shows had higher ratings. Plus, Smash dropped pretty sharply after The Voice, then dipped again during its second half hour.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/07/smash-ratings/

----

Not bad... But it had A LOT of promo so, I dunno... I wonder how the early previews did from iTunes, and streaming views.

Is that a lot or a little for a show? lol

It is alot for a pilot and they are clearly banking on it being successful. Some of those shows like terra nova cost 20 million and it was reportedly plagued with problems, creative disagreements, rewrites. Lost pilot was 10 million, Boardwalk empire on cable was a 18 million dollar pilot.

It is alot for a pilot and they are clearly banking on it being successful. Some of those shows like terra nova cost 20 million and it was reportedly plagued with problems, creative disagreements, rewrites. Lost pilot was 10 million, Boardwalk empire on cable was a 18 million dollar pilot.

you mean just the pilot and not all the episodes???

wow thats a budget of a whole movie.....

Well, they picked Marilyn fast. I guess the show will be about sticking with one Marilyn, instead of choosing one. I like that. I hadn't read any spoilers, so that was a nice surprise.

:umm: @ the Ivy having sex with Derek. I do not approve. :umm:

I got a little teary when Julia read "To The Mother of My Daughter." :tear: I've been emotional the last few days, so that got to me. -_-

Overall, great episode. Love the acting and music.

Oh, and Katharine's bf is yummy. :w00t:

her bf is cute. and he's supportive too. i hope they don't kill/write him off :lol:

When he got mad at her in the restaurant, and then stopped while storming off to hold her hand, I wanted him to be my bf. -_-:asham:

They better not. :umm: He's like the only hot Indian guy on television. :umm:

So I just Google'd him and he's half white. That's a sexy mix. Damn.

The ratings dropped 30% from the premiere

Most TV-industry insiders expected Monday's second episode of Smash to draw fewer viewers than last week's Super Bowl–pumped premiere. NBC, however, had hoped the drop wouldn't be quite so steep: Last night's hour averaged 8.1 million viewers at 10 p.m., finishing third behind Hawaii 5-0 and Castle, and declining more than 30 percent from last week's debut audience of 11.5 million. The good news for NBC: Smash isn't skewing as old as some insiders predicted. Among viewers under 50, it actually finished in first place, though its 2.8 rating in that demo was still down a painful 26 percent. The Peacock can also take solace in the fact that The Voice, perhaps an even more important factor in the network's long-term recovery plans, held up very nicely in its second week. Episode two drew more than 17 million viewers and averaged a 5.9 rating in the key demo, down just 12 percent in the latter category. (Plus, with Jordis from CBS's dearly departed Rock Star back in the spotlight, we're very happy.) So what's the verdict on Smash?

Well, it's still too soon to tell. For one thing, last night's episode may have simply gone to the dogs because of ... the dogs. As in the Westminster Kennel Show, which aired opposite Smash on USA and has a history of drawing a decent crowd. What's more, there was bound to be a sizable decline for Smash in its second week, since there was no longer as massive a promo push behind it (and because some folks simply weren't going to like the show). While it's pretty clear that Smash isn't going to be a game-changing hit, if it can manage to hold its declines in the next week or two to another 10 percent or so, it should settle into a ratings range that makes the Peacock inclined to keep it for another season. If its demo score falls much below a 2.5 or so, however, things could get dicey.

• 2 months later...

Archived