Janhova's Scripture of the Week - #2

bu.

First of all let me start by apologizing for the missed scripture last week. There is no excuse and I have asked for forgiveness from thus Creator. Janhova stared at me and blew me two kisses on 30/6/2011 so I take that as a pass to do whatever the fuck I want. She has blessed me with the gift of being omnipotent.

Secondly I would just like to inform you that there is a suggestion box in Church. It is situated next to TOF's designated padded room in which he listens to services (as it's too soon for him to be released in public yet). You may submit your ideas for sermons in this box (and give feedback to the services etc).

2dl82tu.jpg

On to the sermon.

The world is fucked up right now. It is. You can't deny it. Bigots doing an Osama in Norway. Rich kids being eaten by polar bears. SOB trying to come for MJ's wig resulting in him getting his own hair plucked off his scalp one by one. ThatExpiredJuice trying to come for Janhova's live vocals.

These people are living dangerous lives. Don't they know that there is no room for racism in this world? Don't they know that insulting MJ WILL result in you being snatched bald, swallowed up and chewed in an incinerator and then left with nothing but an ashy carcass? Don't they know that dissing Janet will result in the lessor bitches stan base coming in and adding their faves stats without realising that Janhova's stats will totally rip theirs to shreds? Don't they know that there ain't no acid in the Queendom Hall of Janhovas Witnesses?

I'm not sure what can be done about this situation. The lessors stans constantly receive their asses handed to them by us, Janhova Damitallah Josus Jacksons loyal Witnesses. Yet they STILL act out. All we can do is pray. Pray they find their way.

All the lonely nights I spend alone

Never around to love me

You're always gone

Cause you're hangin out

Breakin' the rules

Oh the man has come

Looking for you

You're a rebel now

Don't give a damn

Always carrying on

With the gang

I'm trying to tell you boy

It's a mistake

You won't realize

Til it's too late

Don't understand

Why you insist

On ways of living such a dangerous life

Time after time you stay away

And I just know that you're telling me lies

Black cat

Nine lives

Short days

Long nights

Livin on the edge

Not afraid to die

Heart beat

Real strong

But not

For long

Better watch your step

Or you're gonna die

You're so together boy

But just at a glance

You'll do anything

If given a chance

Scheming, plannin lies

To get what you need

So full of promises

That you never keep

Don't you tell yourself

That it's okay

Sick and tired of

All of your games

And you want me to stay

Better change

Makes no sense to me

Your crazy ways

Black cat

Nine lives

Short days

Long nights

Livin on the edge

Not afraid to die

Heart beat

Real strong

But not

For long

Better watch your step

Or you're gonna die

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy metal Janet. :thumbup: I skip over this song a lot, but every time I listen to it, it reminds me how hard it goes. KII @ her doing this song in 2 takes.

It took me a while to realize that this song was about the consequences of drug use. I looked up "Acid" and it seemed like it was the drug of choice in the late 80s.

First of all let me start by apologizing for the missed scripture last week. There is no excuse and I have asked for forgiveness from thus Creator. Janhova stared at me and blew me two kisses on 30/6/2011 so I take that as a pass to do whatever the fuck I want. She has blessed me with the gift of being omnipotent.

:rolleyes:

Secondly I would just like to inform you that there is a suggestion box in Church. It is situated next to TOF's designated padded room in which he listens to services (as it's too soon for him to be released in public yet).

BITCH... :umm:

The world is fucked up right now. It is. You can't deny it. Bigots doing an Osama in Norway. Rich kids being eaten by polar bears. SOB trying to come for MJ's wig resulting in him getting his own hair plucked off his scalp one by one. ThatExpiredJuice trying to come for Janhova's live vocals.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don't they know that insulting MJ WILL result in you being snatched bald, swallowed up and chewed in an incinerator and then left with nothing but an ashy carcass?

If they didn't know it before, they know it now. :coffee:

+1 :good:

(though I should give you a -1 for the shade you threw at me :rolleyes: )

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:wub:

Heavy metal Janet. :thumbup: I skip over this song a lot, but every time I listen to it, it reminds me how hard it goes. KII @ her doing this song in 2 takes.

It took me a while to realize that this song was about the consequences of drug use. I looked up "Acid" and it seemed like it was the drug of choice in the late 80s.

It's not one of my faves but it's very relevant as clearly some folks are way too high to be doing the stuff they do on a normal day.

:rolleyes:

BITCH... :umm:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If they didn't know it before, they know it now. :coffee:

+1 :good:

(though I should give you a -1 for the shade you threw at me :rolleyes: )

Awwwwww thanks boo.

20kd75g-vi.gif

:blush:

It's not one of my faves but it's very relevant as clearly some folks are way too high to be doing the stuff they do on a normal day.

It's not REALLY one of my essential Janet songs, but I love the track to death. I never really paid attention to the song, but when I really listened to the song I realize that it's about drugs. The lyrics spell out the symptoms of someone who is addicted to drugs, someone who is in denial of their addiction, and the consequences of drugs. She also goes into depth about the whole concept of a drug addiction, "You're so together boy, but just at a glance, you'll do anything if given a chance..." illustrates the depths drug addicts will go to satisfy their craving, as well as the disguise addicts use to not want to see like they have an addiction, aka denial. Janet's use of metaphor in this song is amazing. The "cat" and "9 lives" is metaphoric for you only have a few times to keep taking a risk before it call comes to an end. "...you won't realize, til it's too late..." "...better watch your step or you're gonna die" Janet is such a lyrical genius, she should get more credit for her songwriting.

0000381716_350.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's not REALLY one of my essential Janet songs, but I love the track to death. I never really paid attention to the song, but when I really listened to the song I realize that it's about drugs. The lyrics spell out the symptoms of someone who is addicted to drugs, someone who is in denial of their addiction, and the consequences of drugs. She also goes into depth about the whole concept of a drug addiction, "You're so together boy, but just at a glance, you'll do anything if given a chance..." illustrates the depths drug addicts will go to satisfy their craving, as well as the disguise addicts use to not want to see like they have an addiction, aka denial. Janet's use of metaphor in this song is amazing. The "cat" and "9 lives" is metaphoric for you only have a few times to keep taking a risk before it call comes to an end. "...you won't realize, til it's too late..." "...better watch your step or you're gonna die" Janet is such a lyrical genius, she should get more credit for her songwriting.

I didn't think of it like that! So fucking true. That whole album is on point. +1!

Thank you. ^_^

There's a lot more to the song. I could really go into further detail about the song.

Do it. This is the appropriate thread :wub:

PS when are YOU doing the main sermon in the main thread :unsure:?

wow.... i guess some of you are to young to know what that is :)

All the lonely nights I spend alone

Never around to love me

You're always gone

Cause you're hangin out

Breakin' the rules

These are the early signs of a someone who has a drug addiction. Breaking prior commitments such as spending some with a loved one.

Oh the man has come

Looking for you

Obviously "the man" is the drug dealer, or pusher man if you will. The drug dealer is the biggest enabler of a drug addiction. He/she knows the addicted has a dependency on the drugs and will continue to sell the drugs to you to make his or her money.

You're a rebel now

Don't give a damn

Always carrying on

With the gang

Drugs will cause you to do some strange things. This is like a second stage of an addiction. The circle of ppl you surround yourself with are enablers as well. And if they're all doing drugs, then when you lay down with dogs....

I'm trying to tell you boy

It's a mistake

You won't realize

Til it's too late

Here Janet is playing Captain Save-A-Hoe, but you can only lead a horse to water....

Don't understand

Why you insist

On ways of living such a dangerous life

Time after time you stay away

And I just know that you're telling me lies

Janet trying to be the voice of reason here. Talking some sense into the person who is addicted. It is here that the addicted person starts telling lies, which is sign of denial. The addict doesn't want to hurt the person or admit to having an addiction, but the truth is the truth. Janet knows what's going on, she knows the person is lying when they tell her they aren't doing drugs.

Black cat

Nine lives

Short days

Long nights

Livin on the edge

Not afraid to die

Heart beat

Real strong

But not

For long

Better watch your step

Or you're gonna die

As previously stated, the cat and nine lives are metaphoric for the many times you have to try your luck before it all comes to an end.

You're so together boy

But just at a glance

You'll do anything

If given a chance

Scheming, plannin lies

To get what you need

So full of promises

That you never keep

This right here is such a deep and powerful verse, and possibly the best verse in the entire song. :lol: Like I said, drug addicts will go to great lengths to quench their desires for drugs. If it means lying, stealing, cheating, etc., addicts will get their drugs by any means possible. Promising they're stop doing drugs but don't. Promise to get clean but don't. Promise to themselves but don't. The list goes on.

Don't you tell yourself

That it's okay

Sick and tired of

All of your games

And you want me to stay

Better change

Makes no sense to me

Your crazy ways

Most people who are dealing with an addict have their boiling points. There's only so much therapy, talking, and time invested before someone reaching their breaking point. Right here Janet is realizing that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

It's songs like these why Janet's songwriting should be praise more. The music, or instrumentation if you will, of the song compliments the message of the music. They chose heavy metal because of the aggressiveness of the track. It's very "in your face", very aggressive, very demanding. There's also some vulnerability in the track specifically once Janet realizes you can't make the horse drink the water. Overall the song is pretty damn good and shouldn't be overlooked in Janet's catalog.

Archived