Britney Spears To Get Video Vanguard Award At 2011 VMA's

Escapade

KI! I kinda see what you're saying but it's still unclear. :)

But in any event, congrats to Britney. ^_^

- the time to get the award is irrelevant

- its like...sometimes i feel like janet gets overshadowed and crowded out by the newer generation (who embody her)... ppl forget about janet

its like britney is taking janets place in mtv vanguard history etc

i guess i associate the two artists together

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- the time to get the award is irrelevant

- its like...sometimes i feel like janet gets overshadowed and crowded out by the newer generation (who embody her)... ppl forget about janet

its like britney is taking janets place in mtv vanguard history etc

i guess i associate the two artists together

In Britney's case, it's obvious who she is inspired by. But people claim she's like Madonna. And I wonder why people don't say that she should be taking Madonna's place since she is the "princess of Pop"..but Janet has to be overshadowed because Britney's blueprint is an exact replica of Janet's..interesting..

In Britney's case, it's obvious who she is inspired by. But people claim she's like Madonna. And I wonder why people don't say that she should be taking Madonna's place since she is the "princess of Pop"..but Janet has to be overshadowed because Britney's blueprint is an exact replica of Janet's..interesting..

Britney really is the 2000s Janet.... esp with her videography

She's more Janet than Madonna

she gets the pop influence and pop culture from Madge

but she gets the fusion of dance and song from Janet

Britney really is the 2000s Janet.... esp with her videography

She's more Janet than Madonna

she gets the pop influence and pop culture from Madge

but she gets the fusion of dance and song from Janet

Ok..but it sounded like you trying to erase Janet's influence just because Brit is getting the award..she can be the 2000's Janet all she wants..but that can't erase Janet's influence..

And I love the last two lines. Spot on. :)

Ok..but it sounded like you trying to erase Janet's influence just because Brit is getting the award..she can be the 2000's Janet all she wants..but that can't erase Janet's influence..

And I love the last two lines. Spot on. :)

For some reason, in my head, i feel like Brit getting the award takes over from Janet asham.gif

i dunno.its just something in my head

..probably coz i feel as tho the newer generation just see BritBrit as some icon, and dont recognise the people that came before her

For some reason, in my head, i feel like Brit getting the award takes over from Janet asham.gif

i dunno.its just something in my head

..probably coz i feel as tho the newer generation just see BritBrit as some icon, and dont recognise the people that came before her

Maybe we need to perform a Janexorcism.. :unsure: I don't see how it takes away from Janet. I get what you're saying about Britney and this generation and stuff, but still.. :unsure:

Ahhhhhhh..the newer generation...it all makes sense..they don't do their research and worship false prophets..I love Rihanna, but I wish one of her stans would come for Janet. I'd throw her under the bus.. :coffee:

From an artistic standpoint, her videos aren't really exciting nor evocative in any way. They aren't innovative, they lack substance and aside from her first music video, they aren't really that memorable.

They are however entertaining. No one capitalized on the teen pop craze like her, and her videos shows it....call it pop culture nostalgia.

Missy would've been a better choice, but Britney will do....for now.

From an artistic standpoint, her videos aren't really exciting nor evocative in any way. They aren't innovative, they lack substance and aside from her first music video, they aren't really that memorable.

They are however entertaining. No one capitalized on the teen pop craze like her, and her videos shows it....call it pop culture nostalgia.

Missy would've been a better choice, but Britney will do....for now.

+234234234.

Archived