Britney Spears To Get Video Vanguard Award At 2011 VMA's

Escapade

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does she deserve a Video Vanguard award? How many great videos has she actually had? :mellow:

Baby One More Time - epic video, unquestionably

Stronger

Ooops...I Did It Again

I'm A Slave 4 U

Toxic

Name one artist in the last decade who has videos epic enough to compete with those five.

Stronger

Ooops...I Did It Again

I'm A Slave 4 U

Toxic

Name one artist in the last decade who has videos epic enough to compete with those five.

I almost was gonna list em

but then i thougght "fuk that"

I think thats good for her. if the criteria is good videos shes definitely had her fare share. Since someone mentioned a rapper though... call me crazy but I think its LONG OVERDUE Missy gets a proper acknowledgement in that department.

Missy Elliott

Jay-Z

Kanye West

Stronger

Ooops...I Did It Again

I'm A Slave 4 U

Toxic

And what's sad is . . . none of those videos ever received a VMA. I think it's good that they recognize her achievements in videos, since she was overlooked for so long. (They tried to do it by giving her all those awards for Piece of Me, but that was some lame crap).

Missy Elliott

Jay-Z

Kanye West

Missy....next year

when she releases another album (if she does)... itll be good promotion for her

Jay Z...no

Kanye...too early for him

And what's sad is . . . none of those videos ever received a VMA. I think it's good that they recognize her achievements in videos, since she was overlooked for so long. (They tried to do it by giving her all those awards for Piece of Me, but that was some lame crap).

True

But MTV VMAs are weird... grain of salt

I was looking at her noms... and u was right.. she only won with Gimme More... wateva

Janet shoulda won more!

No, Gimme More didn't win (nobody's stupid enough to give an award for that piece of crap video :lol:). She has 3 for Piece of Me ( :& ) and 1 for Womanizer.

Janet should have more, yes, but she's also got other, more awesome shit like multiple Grammys.

No, Gimme More didn't win (nobody's stupid enough to give an award for that piece of crap video :lol:). She has 3 for Piece of Me ( :& ) and 1 for Womanizer.

Janet should have more, yes, but she's also got other, more awesome shit like multiple Grammys.

U know what

I wrote POM first, then changed it to GM

I couldnt b bothered to check it

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

It should have been awarded to a rapper.

The only person who deserves it is Missy.

Those were just pity awards. The funny thing is MTV consistently ranks BOMT as one of the greatest videos of all time.

She's getting a tribute too? Since she can't perform her own songs right, let others do it for her? I see.

291ztsl.gif

It'll be interesting to see who they get for the tributes since no one else dances like Janet like Brit use to.

her Slave 4 U & Boys remix videos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Others will be performing some of her old songs as a tribute, then she's gonna perform some of her current stuff.

She's getting a tribute too? Since she can't perform her own songs right, let others do it for her? I see.

291ztsl.gif

It'll be interesting to see who they get for the tributes since no one else dances like Janet like Brit use to.

her Slave 4 U & Boys remix videos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

She worked that "Me Against the Music" choreography :wub:

Archived