The last.fm thread

RedSimba

It's so annoying! I manage my iPod with an OCD-like approach. Everything has correct spelling, everything has artwork, everything has the year and genre stamped appropriately etc., etc. So when I see that come up on my last.fm profile I'm so easily irritated. >_<:lol:

I'm exactly the same with my music library. :blush: How dare last.fm make us look like sloppy fools with their errors. :umm:

Since we're discussing last.fm glitches and whatnot, it pisses me off when song titles show up with non-capped first letters or sometimes in all caps. Is there a way to fix that? :unsure:

I think that's because whoever scrobbled the track first used that capitalization. And no, there's no way to fix it. :lol:

Janet's being robbed of scrobbles. >_<:lol:

Missed this. I know though, I felt guilty until I fixed it. :lol: Which is good too, because I've been listening to a lot of Janet lately.

No no, I like it. :lol:

I've downloaded a heap of stuff lately, they're just my pick of the bunch. I still have a couple left to play.

Oh, well I'm not touching that. :lol:

I've heard a few critics say the same though, that it doesn't quite work at times. I don't know, I'm stuck on it.

Alright, for you and Con:

1. Dirty Beaches' Badlands.

2. Alexi Murdoch's Towards The Sun.

3. Josh T. Pearson's The Last Of The Country Gentleman.

4. Kurt Vile's Smoke Ring For My Halo.

5. Tim Hecker's Ravedeath, 1972. Mostly instrumental, not sure if you two are into that.

Dirty Beaches' album is like left-field Jimi Hendrix meets Grouper, it's excellent. It's probably the only real "standout" on the list, but you guys are more into Indie Rock. I tend to be impatient with it because so much of it sounds the same. All of them have really nice songs but the albums as wholes tend to drone. But see for yourselves. I still have about fifteen albums to get through, I tried to get through all the Rock first so hopefully I'll have some different (and better) material next time.

And I just found out that The Foo Fighters and TV On The Radio both have new albums, but I'm sure you knew that. >_<

Missed this. I know though, I felt guilty until I fixed it. :lol: Which is good too, because I've been listening to a lot of Janet lately.

I've heard a few critics say the same though, that it doesn't quite work at times. I don't know, I'm stuck on it.

5. Tim Hecker's Ravedeath, 1972. Mostly instrumental, not sure if you two are into that.

Dirty Beaches' album is like left-field Jimi Hendrix meets Grouper, it's excellent. It's probably the only real "standout" on the list, but you guys are more into Indie Rock. I tend to be impatient with it because so much of it sounds the same. All of them have really nice songs but the albums as wholes tend to drone. But see for yourselves. I still have about fifteen albums to get through, I tried to get through all the Rock first so hopefully I'll have some different (and better) material next time.

And I just found out that The Foo Fighters and TV On The Radio both have new albums, but I'm sure you knew that. >_<

Thanks for your recommendations, Kenny! I downloaded Kurt Vile's album last week after you shared his song with me, I haven't played it yet though (along with another 10+ albums >_< - I'll let the both of you know if there's anything good to listen to) And I love Alexi's music. It's a shame he takes his sweet time releasing new material.

I've been listening to a lot of UNKLE these past few days. Their new EP 'Only The Lonely' is great.

Thanks for your recommendations, Kenny! I downloaded Kurt Vile's album last week after you shared his song with me, I haven't played it yet though (along with another 10+ albums >_< - I'll let the both of you know if there's anything good to listen to) And I love Alexi's music. It's a shame he takes his sweet time releasing new material.

I've been listening to a lot of UNKLE these past few days. Their new EP 'Only The Lonely' is great.

^_^ LOL I think this year's been so slow with music that everyone is scrambling to find something to pass the time. Yeah, he's great. :wub: How's his older material?

Ooh I'll add that as well, thank you.

^_^ LOL I think this year's been so slow with music that everyone is scrambling to find something to pass the time. Yeah, he's great. :wub: How's his older material?

Ooh I'll add that as well, thank you.

Oh, I completely agree. Last year was a wonderful year for music. This year, not so much.

Have you listened to his first album, 'Time Without Consequence'? There are quite a few brilliant tracks on it ('Orange Sky', 'Home', 'Breathe'). Most of these were featured on TV shows and commercials. So they might be familiar.

^_^

Oh, I completely agree. Last year was a wonderful year for music. This year, not so much.

Have you listened to his first album, 'Time Without Consequence'? There are quite a few brilliant tracks on it ('Orange Sky', 'Home', 'Breathe'). Most of these were featured on TV shows and commercials. So they might be familiar.

^_^

And to boot, there's really nothing promising on the horizon.

I haven't, I just discovered him with Towards The Sun. I'm getting ready to download it now with all the others LOL, thank you.

And to boot, there's really nothing promising on the horizon.

I haven't, I just discovered him with Towards The Sun. I'm getting ready to download it now with all the others LOL, thank you.

Thank heavens for Indie music. -_-

He only has two albums and an EP (but the 4 songs are on his first album so there's no point in downloading that)

I finished listening to Paper Aeroplane's 'We Are Ghosts' EP - Good EP. It's worth listening to.

Oh, whoever else wants to add me, my username is KennitaJo.

Thank heavens for Indie music. -_-

He only has two albums and an EP (but the 4 songs are on his first album so there's no point in downloading that)

I finished listening to Paper Aeroplane's 'We Are Ghosts' EP - Good EP. It's worth listening to.

-_-

Got them both, Alexi and Paper Aeroplane, as well as the other thee you mentioned. Unkle sounds really good from what I've heard.

Add Musée Mécanique's Hold This Ghost to my list as well, it's good. Very Folk and very restrained.

Oh, whoever else wants to add me, my username is KennitaJo.

-_-

Got them both, Alexi and Paper Aeroplane, as well as the other thee you mentioned. Unkle sounds really good from what I've heard.

Add Musée Mécanique's Hold This Ghost to my list as well, it's good. Very Folk and very restrained.

You should definitely download UNKLE's discography when you have a chance. They are a brilliant group.

Oh, nice. I'm in the mood for new good folk music. :thumbup:

I think that's because whoever scrobbled the track first used that capitalization. And no, there's no way to fix it. :lol:

I thought that wouuld be the reason. I hate each and every person responsible. <_<

I tried to find Kurt Vile's album when you told me about him last week but I couldn't find a working link. I'll look into the others this week, thank you.

I haven't checked out either Foo Fighters or TVOTR yet, but I loved both of their previous albums so I'm looking forward to them. 'Rope' by Foo Fighters is awesome - sounds a lot like their old stuff.

You should definitely download UNKLE's discography when you have a chance. They are a brilliant group.

Oh, nice. I'm in the mood for new good folk music. :thumbup:

I definitely will be now, thank you LOL.

Yeah it sounded good on first listen. I think most Folk albums have to sink a bit too though. I naturally focus on the music before I focus on the lyrics and that has lost me many an Indie gem.

I thought that wouuld be the reason. I hate each and every person responsible. <_<

I tried to find Kurt Vile's album when you told me about him last week but I couldn't find a working link. I'll look into the others this week, thank you.

I haven't checked out either Foo Fighters or TVOTR yet, but I loved both of their previous albums so I'm looking forward to them. 'Rope' by Foo Fighters is awesome - sounds a lot like their old stuff.

LMAO.

I'll PM you one.

Definitely. Is that the first single? I had no idea they were even back LOL.

So in honor of my "5th anniversary," I decided to list my top 100 tracks, albums, and artists as of 4/4/11 with some play adjustments - long story short, I had horrible tags when I started. :lol: Again I had the data saved in an excel file so it didn't as long as it would otherwise. I'll just post the link so it doesn't take up any room. Yes, I have my own RIAA certification system. :P I'm crazy. -_-:lol:And my top 3 Janet, Mariah, and MJ get the special colors. :P

35626432.png

I definitely will be now, thank you LOL.

Yeah it sounded good on first listen. I think most Folk albums have to sink a bit too though. I naturally focus on the music before I focus on the lyrics and that has lost me many an Indie gem.

Oh, I agree with that. With indie/folk, I'm always drawn to the lyrics first, then the music.

picture3trj.png

How do I only have 305 artists? :blink:

Yeah, that's the first single. They've been getting a lot of coverage over here recently because they just played a bunch of sellout charity gigs.

Nice. Oh they're on Saturday Night Live this week too, with Helen Mirren as host. That ought to be good.

Oh, I agree with that. With indie/folk, I'm always drawn to the lyrics first, then the music.

-_-

I didn't get into Bon Iver's album at first because of that. I now know better LOL.

picture3trj.png

How do I only have 305 artists? :blink:

Nice. Oh they're on Saturday Night Live this week too, with Helen Mirren as host. That ought to be good.

-_-

I didn't get into Bon Iver's album at first because of that. I now know better LOL.

You have to start adding artists that last.fm recommends to you. :P

Bon Iver. :wub: It's a good thing you didn't give up on it, their first album is superb. I read their follow-up comes out in June and that they've taken a different musical direction with it.

You have to start adding artists that last.fm recommends to you. :P

Bon Iver. :wub: It's a good thing you didn't give up on it, their first album is superb. I read their follow-up comes out in June and that they've taken a different musical direction with it.

Nooo, I've already go so much music to go through. >_<

It is, "Flume" is something else. :wub: Oh really?! Well at least one thing good is coming up. :lol: