The last.fm thread

RedSimba

^ Damn, 311 plays in one week. :w00t: The most I've ever done for an artist in a single week is about 160 plays. :lol:

:asham:

I just recently started buying/downloading her entire discography. :lol: She's released like 50+ albums, compilations, box sets, and live albums. :excited:

When's everyone else's faves gon dew it. :coffee::asham:

#NoHate :lol:

:excited: @ Lenny Kravitz's pic.

I know. :blush:

Okay, so I'm wondering what you do when an artist changes their name. Cee Lo Green hasn't always been Cee Lo Green, he's released albums as just Cee Lo. Diddy used to be P. Diddy, and before that he was Puff Daddy. Do you tag them as the names they released their respective albums under or what? :unsure:

I know. :blush:

Okay, so I'm wondering what you do when an artist changes their name. Cee Lo Green hasn't always been Cee Lo Green, he's released albums as just Cee Lo. Diddy used to be P. Diddy, and before that he was Puff Daddy. Do you tag them as the names they released their respective albums under or what? :unsure:

Oh, that's a tough one. -_-

I had the same problem with Jenny Lewis. She released her debut solo album as Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins, and for her second album, she released it as Jenny Lewis. I ended up tagging her as two different artists. >_<

But that's kinda different from your problem. I think I would tag them as the names they released the album under. That makes the most sense to me.

I just recently started buying/downloading her entire discography. :lol:She's released like 50+ albums, compilations, box sets, and live albums. :excited:

When's everyone else's faves gon dew it. :coffee::asham:

#NoHate :lol:

That explains the high play count. :asham:

Them other flops can only wish. :shifty:

I had the same problem with Jenny Lewis. She released her debut solo album as Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins, and for her second album, she released it as Jenny Lewis. I ended up tagging her as two different artists. >_<

But that's kinda different from your problem. I think I would tag them as the names they released the album under. That makes the most sense to me.

I have Rabbit Fur Coat tagged as JLWTWT as well, but that's because I thought she teamed up with them for that album. :unsure:

Currently I have them tagged as their current names (Cee Lo Green, Diddy etc.) so that's gonna be mildly annoying. <_< And if I edit them, on principal I have to change some Prince albums to O(+> :umm:

I'm torn. :tear:

Jenny. :blush: My pager just went off. :whistle: I tag both albums separately as well.

I've really only been listening to 4 albums so far, and one of them is her Essential collection. :lol: I have so many more to work through. :mellow:

:w00t:

It'll probably take you a good month to listen to everything. :asham:

I have Rabbit Fur Coat tagged as JLWTWT as well, but that's because I thought she teamed up with them for that album. :unsure:

Currently I have them tagged as their current names (Cee Lo Green, Diddy etc.) so that's gonna be mildly annoying. <_< And if I edit them, on principal I have to change some Prince albums to O(+> :umm:

I'm torn. :tear:

Yeah, Jenny's situation is easier to solve. I don't think I've had your problem yet.

That reminds me, when Prince was Prince was on The View way back when, they had "O(+>" as the name on the screen. :lol: I nearly choked. :lol: He was a damn mess. :lol:

I think changing the tags to what they wanted to be known as at that point in time is the way to go. But I would definitely have a hard time deciding if I had the same problem. >_<

Jenny. :blush:My pager just went off. :whistle: I tag both albums separately as well.

It'll probably take you a good month to listen to everything. :asham:

Remember back on the old forum when we used to always rave about Jenny? :lol: Good times. :cheers:

I know. :lol: But I'm taking my time to work through the material because I want to delve into each album like it was just released, and not overwhelm myself. I want to remember what songs are on what albums. :lol:

Yeah, Jenny's situation is easier to solve. I don't think I've had your problem yet.

That reminds me, when Prince was Prince was on The View way back when, they had "O(+>" as the name on the screen. :lol: I nearly choked. :lol: He was a damn mess. :lol:

I think changing the tags to what they wanted to be known as at that point in time is the way to go. But I would definitely have a hard time deciding if I had the same problem. >_<

Gag! I remember when Prince released Emancipation and went on Oprah. She was like, "What do I call you? :umm:" and he said, "Friend, I hope." :rolleyes::lmao:

Reluctantly, I think that's the way to go too. -_-

Remember back on the old forum when we used to always rave about Jenny? :lol: Good times. :cheers:

I know. :lol: But I'm taking my time to work through the material because I want to delve into each album like it was just released, and not overwhelm myself. I want to remember what songs are on what albums. :lol:

Oh yes, I remember. :blush: Such great times! Have you listened to her new album she recorded with her boyfriend? Now we have a third tag for her (Jenny & Johnny). :lol:

That's the wise thing to do with a catalogue of Barbra's magnitude. Barbra would probably say the same thing to you given how much of a perfectionist she is. :asham:

Gag! I remember when Prince released Emancipation and went on Oprah. She was like, "What do I call you? :umm:" and he said, "Friend, I hope." :rolleyes::lmao:

Reluctantly, I think that's the way to go too. -_-

*DIES* :lmao: I need to find that interview. :lmao:

It's going to be so much work. >_< Let me know how it goes, and if you're happy with it. You could end up hating it so much that you have to re-tag everything. :lol:

Oh yes, I remember. :blush: Such great times! Have you listened to her new album she recorded with her boyfriend? Now we have a third tag for her (Jenny & Johnny). :lol:

That's the wise thing to do with a catalogue of Barbra's magnitude. Barbra would probably say the same thing to you given how much of a perfectionist she is. :asham:

I heard about it, but I never got around to it. >_<

It's seriously credited as Jenny & Johnny? :umm: She's out to get last.fm users. <_<

:asham: Oh Barbra. ^_^

*DIES* :lmao: I need to find that interview. :lmao:

It's going to be so much work. >_< Let me know how it goes, and if you're happy with it. You could end up hating it so much that you have to re-tag everything. :lol:

To be specific, Oprah went to him. The interview was in Paisley Park because he's such a pretentious little shit. :rolleyes::lol:

I'll keep you posted. :sigh:

To be specific, Oprah went to him. The interview was in Paisley Park because he's such a pretentious little shit. :rolleyes::lol:

I'll keep you posted. :sigh:

omg :lmao:

I thought only Celine had that privilege of making Oprah travel. :coffee:

I heard about it, but I never got around to it. >_<

It's seriously credited as Jenny & Johnny? :umm: She's out to get last.fm users. <_<

:asham: Oh Barbra. ^_^

I think you'll enjoy it. It's a very good album, even though her boyfriend is featured on all the tracks.

Yeah it is. :lol: I hope she returns as 'Jenny Lewis' with her next project. :lol: