How much did hanging around with the 'mean girls" help Nicki's career? How important is it to hang with the it girls? Are you who you hang with?

King Baby

If you look at female rappers before they generally hung with each other. Lil Kim, Missy and Mary J Blige rolled deep. Foxy rolled alone. Eve rolled with ruff ryders, and then something weird kind of happenned.

Eve worked and hung out with Gwen Stefani, and it seemed like her status in Hollywood was bumped up.

With Nicki Minaj right now, it seems she can't go anywhere without being attached to her crew...Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Britney Spears. These A-listers always shouting her out and giving Minaj praises.

Do you think this affects how their fans view Nicki, and kind of helped moved about being a rapstar and into the realm of huge popstar like no female rapper before her?

No! It's like sponsorships... Throwing down tracks with A-Listers helps... But her music is also good.. And that's where it counts

Kelly hangs out with Beyonce but has lackluster sales...

JD was Janet's boyfriend but flopped... JLo dated half the A-Listers and will continue to flop

At the end of the day... It's the music

Helped her get the exposure she needed and helped putting her name on the map, not only that but she took a popular approach to her "music" , had she stayed with the Massive Attack sound or even take the more urban approach that TRUE rappers take she'd be a non factor

Helped her get the exposure she needed and helped putting her name on the map, not only that but she took a popular approach to her "music" , had she stayed with the Massive Attack sound or even take the more urban approach that TRUE rappers take she'd be a non factor

I think this is it. her songs are as pop as Katy Perry's. :filenails:

This. I love Nicki the rapper..not Nicki the popstar. Her most notable songs are her rapping..not trying to sing.

Massive Attack is about the only song from her that I can really get into. Her sound is to poppish for my voodoo soul. Never cared for her and probably never will.

Ch..that really shouldn't matter..she's a rapper..not fucking Rihanna or Katy Perry.. :rolleyes:

I Get Crazy>>>>>>Super Flop

Not too much on Super Legend. Her Beam Me Up Scotty mixtape was the shit though.

I honestly think Nicki is a good rapper. Her songs are fun and catchy. Not everyone has to be serious as hell like Jay-Z

Not too much on Super Legend. Her Beam Me Up Scotty mixtape was the shit though.

I honestly think Nicki is a good rapper. Her songs are fun and catchy. Not everyone has to be serious as hell like Jay-Z

Her rap on Drake's "Up All Night"(where she stole the song)>>>>>>Shitty Bass

She's ok when she raps. That's what I like about her..not that autotune bs! :coffee:

Her rap on Drake's "Up All Night"(where she stole the song)>>>>>>Shitty Bass

She's ok when she raps. That's what I like about her..not that autotune bs! :coffee:

Fuck I look like ho, I look like yes and you look like no

She also out shinned everyone on Monster

Fuck I look like ho, I look like yes and you look like no

She also out shinned everyone on Monster

I got that kinda... wait wait fixate!

Which bitch you know made a million off a mixtape? Yesssssss Copycat!

She did go in on the chirren on that song..she knew she had too.

I'd say Lil' Wayne followed by Drake helped her career the most (such as that marriage publicity stunt on Twitter lol). Young Money was her career's launching pad. I'm not sure Brit, Riri, etc. would even know of her otherwise, but they gave her pop crossover appeal if anything. (*wishes I could say Mariah too -_-, who I discovered Nicki thru* lol) And of course there's that whole Lil' Kim feud :whistle:("Urybody lurve Raymund!" That one video still kills me :lol:).

And yes, the "Monster" verse >>>>> :excited:

Archived