Which tour would've made the best live album

jarrylf

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tour would've made the best live album?

• Rhythm Nation
    • janet.
    • The Velvet Rope
    • All For You
    • Rockwitchu
    • #1's

I have the audio for all 6 tours, and I have been playing each tour all week (just cause I wanted too) and it got me thinking of, what if Janet did release a live album? I think that would've been awsome, BUT which tour do you guys think is the most desserving of being a live album?

I want you guys to vote on the poll for the 1 you think the music &/or her vocals were the best and worthy of a live album. BUT, just cause you vote for 1 dont mean in your mind its the only 1 desserving of one, if you feel like more than the one you voted for post em.

(I dont want to hear a bunch of B.S. about lipsynching, backing tracks, and pre recorded vocals, it has little to do with this because whether or not she used them, she sang the song different than it is on the album live or pre-recorded, itd still qualify)

I came up with this but, I honestly dont think Im 100% sure yet BUT.........as of right now heres my vote

I think the 3 tours that would've made great live albums were

1. Rhythm Nation

2. The Velvet Rope

3. janet.

1. The Velvet Rope

2. janet.

3. Rhythm Nation

No reason to put them in that specific order, I'm just a little biased for TVR so yeah :lol:

Yea I predict TVR winning this one lol, like with most things that era with Janet fans lol.

But for me, I LOVE her vocals during the RN tour, and the muscal and vocal arrangements on majority of the songs more than some of the recordings specifically Nasty, WHYDFML, Pleasure Principle, State of The World, Come Back To Me, Alright, & ofcourse Rhythm Nation.

Wit TVR I loved the force in her voice that was in majority of the songs, almost like she was pissed when she was performing em (specifically on the HBO show ofcourse, thats the only one we really have).

I REALLY love the vocal for the janet tour ALOT, like A WHOLE LOT but the arrangements for a few of the songs I dont think are better than the RN

TVR - because it seemed to cover everything (minus post TVR work off course). Plus tbh I thought she sounded better here than the AFY tour.

I don't think Number 1's is deserving of a live album to be honest because everything is mainly shortened and in a medley.

After TVR I'd say Rhythm Nation. Her live vocals in that are just :wub:.

Yea I agree about the #1's tour and all the melodies. And ofcourse about the RN tour vocals, I mean, I think its pretty safe to say thats the 1 tour without any backing tracks (or pre recorded vocal stuff) I mean it was so raw, and you could HEAR that tiredness in her voice. At the same time, I kinda think most of the AFY tour was live too, cause in the Hawaii show she sounded way to tired and out of breath at times (which brings me to mentioning that her vocals for the AFY tour, at least the HBO performance anyway, were my least fave over all vocals of all the tours, I love it, the band was slammin, and I love the background singers voices, but its not my fave vocal from Janet)

Yea I got mine from Janetmedia too. I got my audio from the janet tour from youtube also (the Minneapolis show, had to have it, when she does Love Will Never do, she actually goes into her high register at the end, which she NEVER does)

(if you dont wanna hear the whole song and just hear Janet go into the high part, skip to about 3:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL-XABWpAoA

Google "Janet Jackson iPod video blog". Or go to that Janet Media website. That's why I downloaded mine from :).

:excited::thumbup:

Yea I got mine from Janetmedia too. I got my audio from the janet tour from youtube also (the Minneapolis show, had to have it, when she does Love Will Never do, she actually goes into her high register at the end, which she NEVER does)

(if you dont wanna hear the whole song and just hear Janet go into the high part, skip to about 3:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL-XABWpAoA

*loves it* :D I'll have to listen to that tonight (I'm at work at the moment :ph34r::lol:)

I've not seen the janet. tour in full yet :ph34r:

You gotta check that out (janetmedia or Youtube) because I mean this contest aside, it was a great show, because her vocals were hot, and the dancers were AWSOME, personality & all (personally the janet era dancers are my fave, mainly for Tish, Shawnette, Tina, Omar & Sean, but I love all 8 of the key dancers ALOT) but yes I highly recomend getting on that soon. That was a tour (and it reminds me of this tour where it made the changes it did, the tracklist changes, excluding some of the costumes and songs on certain dates, she changed her hair more for this tour than any other, I think the runner up for that is #1's lol)

You gotta check that out (janetmedia or Youtube) because I mean this contest aside, it was a great show, because her vocals were hot, and the dancers were AWSOME, personality & all (personally the janet era dancers are my fave, mainly for Tish, Shawnette, Tina, Omar & Sean, but I love all 8 of the key dancers ALOT) but yes I highly recomend getting on that soon. That was a tour (and it reminds me of this tour where it made the changes it did, the tracklist changes, excluding some of the costumes and songs on certain dates, she changed her hair more for this tour than any other, I think the runner up for that is #1's lol)

I really do. I've seen most of the songs but I've never seen it as a whole. It has my favorite performance of If on tour though :wub:

I really do. I've seen most of the songs but I've never seen it as a whole. It has my favorite performance of If on tour though :wub:

Yea its my fave performance of If, LWND, Again, Because of love is hott, and its my fave performance of Anytime Anyplace, and What'll I do too like I said its a all around great show, and great tour. And reminds me sooo much of #1's (in the negative and positive ways lol)

janet. tour was fantastic, and being the first time I'd seen her live, very exciting also. I do need to watch some of it again because I don't really remember much of it, it's been overtaken by TVR and A4U tours lol >_<

I gotta say Im suprised that #1's got 2 votes and RWU dosent have any, wheres I'd personally pick that one because of the live versions of the songs from the 1st 2 albums, and So Much Better, and I prefer the live version of Never Letchu Go over the album version, AND she actually did Funny How Time Flies. So I'd all the way go with RWU over #1s as a live album. BUT I gotta respect the vote, keep it up

Archived