4. Fordham - New York

5. St. John's University - New York

6. Rutgers - New Jersey

7. Hunter College - New York

Schools I'm interested in that are offering to waive my application fee

Drexel University - Philly

Hofstra University - New York

As you can see I really want to be in New York

I think I wanna either major in economics or communications.

What do you all think of these schools and do you have any school you recommend?

Yeah, but you dont wanna move out somewhere & cant really pay for it, just to end up coming back home. I know that happened with sooo many people.

And also a lot of my family lives in the NY/NJ area. I just wanna get tf out of Illinois.

I was looking into Drexel and I really like their co-op program. I'm gonna look more into Hofstra but I'm already hearing bad things about their financial aid

I currently have a 3.1 gpa unweighted and a 4.4 weighted. I'm in National Honors Society, Key Club, I'm a goal tutor and etc. I also got a 23 on my ACT and rank 32 out of 305 students. I take several AP and honors classes

Good job. The best thing for you to do is to take some college classes before you actually attend college. I'm glad Virginia allowed that. I graduated HS with 32 college credits! :excited:

:o I guess I better get started!

:lmao: Yes ma'am..I started in the 11th grade. It was this program called the Governor's School for Global Economics and Technology that was held at our community College. It was for gifted and talented students who wanted to excel. You had to test for it. I didn't make it the first time. So they sent a letter to me after someone declined it and asked if I was interested. I talked it over with my mom and she said if I wanted to do it, then go ahead. Girl, it was the best thing ever. My 11th grade year was a bitch though because I was super overloaded with shit..Geometry and Pre-Cal, College Chemistry, College History, and College Comp.. I don't even know how I survived! :lmao: But my 12th grade year was a breeze. I had all college classes(except English) ,advanced Biology, Physics, and Political Science..Girl, I was making straight A's. I didn't bring any homework home because I did it at the college and study hall. Shyt, I was loving it. :w00t: When I graduated, I was number 13 out of 156 students. I graduated with honors and got a gold seal stamp and a signature from our governor at the time, Douglas Wilder(who was the first African American elected governor of Virginia). B)

You're so smart :wub: I have no idea how you managed with all those courses through senior year cause I'm struggling now! Honors Physics is the worst and my AP European History teacher expects us all to be Socrates or something. My Honors Spanish 2 and College Algebra Trig teachers give out homework like there's no tomorrow. I'm always like :yawn: when I'm in school but I just suck it all up and do my work. Hopefully they let me take college courses during this school year and the community college. I know for a fact they offer it over the summer though.

You're so smart :wub: I have no idea how you managed with all those courses through senior year cause I'm struggling now! Honors Physics is the worst and my AP European History teacher expects us all to be Socrates or something. My Honors Spanish 2 and College Algebra Trig teachers give out homework like there's no tomorrow. I'm always like :yawn: when I'm in school but I just suck it all up and do my work. Hopefully they let me take college courses during this school year and the community college. I know for a fact they offer it over the summer though.

That's why I loved the school I went to. Although it was country as hell, academics was one of the best things about it. I swear, my Mom was amazed at how I managed 12th grade year. It was a breeze because I had free time at college and a study hall at school to complete all my work. And plus at the college, the students helped each other out alot( :shifty: ). Chile, I can't tell you anything about Physics now, but at the time, it was pretty much like Calculus(which is nothing but Algebra)..and plus our teacher was from Russia and we could hardly understand anything he said..so I think he compensated us with good grades.. :shifty::lmao: We were dreading going to his class every other day.. :lmao:

All I can say is just work hard and you can relax a lil bit down the road. And all my college credits transferred too! :dance:

i am changing continents ..i just got accepted for bio-medical science ..in Australia .. :excited: .i didnt think i was even good enough for the University i applied to and then bam!!! i got the letter of admission ..i applied so freaken many colleges now most offering me a spot ..

though im gonna be restarting college in a whole new environment i am looking forward to it..new culture ..new friends..and away from my family who drive me crazy sometimes ..happiest guy on earth

i am changing continents ..i just got accepted for bio-medical science ..in Australia .. :excited: .i didnt think i was even good enough for the University i applied to and then bam!!! i got the letter of admission ..i applied so freaken many colleges now most offering me a spot ..

though im gonna be restarting college in a whole new environment i am looking forward to it..new culture ..new friends..and away from my family who drive me crazy sometimes ..happiest guy on earth

Where are you from?

Archived