4. Fordham - New York

5. St. John's University - New York

6. Rutgers - New Jersey

7. Hunter College - New York

Schools I'm interested in that are offering to waive my application fee

Drexel University - Philly

Hofstra University - New York

As you can see I really want to be in New York

I think I wanna either major in economics or communications.

What do you all think of these schools and do you have any school you recommend?

i grew up about 15 mins from this school .... :thumbup:

And also a lot of my family lives in the NY/NJ area. I just wanna get tf out of Illinois.

I was looking into Drexel and I really like their co-op program. I'm gonna look more into Hofstra but I'm already hearing bad things about their financial aid

I understand. I wanted to get out illinois too, but, UIUC gave me soooo much money. I say go where they give you the most money. You dont want to come out of your undergrad with a lot of debt...unless you have plans on being a lawyer soon. lol

I want to do Economics

Then you probably want a business school. All the locations of your prospect schools are in good areas. Just avoid rural areas. Schools near major cities will only be in your favor because of more opportunities to intern and find a job.

I currently have a 3.1 gpa unweighted and a 4.4 weighted. I'm in National Honors Society, Key Club, I'm a goal tutor and etc. I also got a 23 on my ACT and rank 32 out of 305 students. I take several AP and honors classes

I was too, for two years. :lmao:

And dead @ me getting a 23 on my ACT too. :lol:

Idk why everyone wants me to go to UIUC so bad LOL. My parents and my brother and my teachers keep telling me to go there. I just don't like the location. I want to be in a MAJOR city like NYC, LA, hell even Chicago!

Cause its a good school :lol: I def understand you wanting to be in the major city. You ever thought about Temple university, or howard?

Then you probably want a business school. All the locations of your prospect schools are in good areas. Just avoid rural areas. Schools near major cities will only be in your favor because of more opportunities to intern and find a job.

I was too, for two years. :lmao:

And dead @ me getting a 23 on my ACT too. :lol:

That's my whole reason of wanting to be in a big city. I've wanted to live in NYC since I was 7 anyway so I was thinking I should just go to college there and make friends as opposed to moving there later in life.

Nd I was a part of key club for only 2 years too! LOL Do colleges like it?

That's my whole reason of wanting to be in a big city. I've wanted to live in NYC since I was 7 anyway so I was thinking I should just go to college there and make friends as opposed to moving there later in life.

Yep. I think it helped me, at least. I was in it for 4 years.

St. John's University is a really good school, it's just very expensive. You should consider something in-state first. Only attend out of state unless you really feel financially comfortable and you can handle the change.

this is correct a lot of students want to get out of dodge and get a taste of freedom and they fuck up once they gone, I know I would have had I left, I would have been a hot ass mess.... :umm:

:lmao: Yes ma'am..I started in the 11th grade. It was this program called the Governor's School for Global Economics and Technology that was held at our community College. It was for gifted and talented students who wanted to excel. You had to test for it. I didn't make it the first time. So they sent a letter to me after someone declined it and asked if I was interested. I talked it over with my mom and she said if I wanted to do it, then go ahead. Girl, it was the best thing ever. My 11th grade year was a bitch though because I was super overloaded with shit..Geometry and Pre-Cal, College Chemistry, College History, and College Comp.. I don't even know how I survived! :lmao: But my 12th grade year was a breeze. I had all college classes(except English) ,advanced Biology, Physics, and Political Science..Girl, I was making straight A's. I didn't bring any homework home because I did it at the college and study hall. Shyt, I was loving it. :w00t: When I graduated, I was number 13 out of 156 students. I graduated with honors and got a gold seal stamp and a signature from our governor at the time, Douglas Wilder(who was the first African American elected governor of Virginia). B)

YOU GO BISCUITS !! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Idk why everyone wants me to go to UIUC so bad LOL. My parents and my brother and my teachers keep telling me to go there. I just don't like the location. I want to be in a MAJOR city like NYC, LA, hell even Chicago!

That's part of the reason I didn't apply to a college in Chicago. I just wanted to live somewhere else for awhile. I was gunning for USC and NYU but they required too many standardized tests, and back then the ACT didn't offer writing, so it was hard to apply to many college back then as more were requiring the writing test.

Always go to a school with a big metropolitan area, ALWAYS. You wont have to go too far to look for a job. Here at Howard, we always have recruiters coming looking for ppl. My friends at rural schools said they never experienced that.

IDK, but I do know that Key Club is one of the more distinguished US high school clubs. And girl they even have their own Wikipedia page. :thumbup:

Always go to a school with a big metropolitan area, ALWAYS. You wont have to go too far to look for a job. Here at Howard, we always have recruiters coming looking for ppl. My friends at rural schools said they never experienced that.

IDK, but I do know that Key Club is one of the more distinguished US high school clubs. And girl they even have their own Wikipedia page. :thumbup:

Idk about the smaller rural schools, but a lot of the Fortune 500 companies come down to the big state school and other public ivies. Plus, they tend to have bigger alumni bases.

Metropolitan schools are more accessible to smaller businesses. But if the the school has a small alumni and network, you cannot really get far.

To say always go to a metro university is a tad of a fallacy.

Archived