The Official "PJ Musicians" Thread

Reyna ♔

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>_< Another thing is I am really insane, and I also like to make my own album artwork even though they all look like nasty acid spills. :lol: This one MadHouse is like my 13th project idea or something; I've lost track now... :asham:

Warning! View with caution if you dare :ph34r:

And I know all the U's and 2's rip off Prince -_-:lol: Coming out October 131/3 to lemonade stands everywhere. :P

>_< Another thing is I am really insane, and I also like to make my own album artwork even though they all look like nasty acid spills. :lol: This one MadHouse is like my 13th project idea or something; I've lost track now... :asham:

Warning! View with caution if you dare :ph34r:

And I know all the U's and 2's rip off Prince -_-:lol: Coming out October 131/3 to lemonade stands everywhere. :P

That cover is GENIUS!! :excited: :excited: :excited: I'd SERIOUSLY be picking up that album :thumbup:

My 1st album:

Writing part- complete. Time taken- 5 years.

Instrumentals- need help -_-

Albums 2-4:

Writing part- Nearing completion. Should be done before the year is out. Time taken- 4 years.

Instrumentals- need help -_-

Albums 5-7:

Writing part- still in progress. Time taken- 2 years and counting.

Instrumentals- not even there yet.

>_< I think I did maybe 2 instrumentals if I'm generous, but they're not even remotely close to how I envision the songs sounding.

That cover is GENIUS!! :excited: :excited: :excited: I'd SERIOUSLY be picking up that album :thumbup:

Thank you ^_^ It'll be a rock-heavy album and it actually goes along with a movie idea I had. It's a major rip off Beauty and the Beast in that the main character is kind of a beast himself and lives in his "MadHouse" isolated, but has a heart deep down.

:o :o :o Andy...no joke buddy...that album cover is one of the coolest album covers I have EVER seen! I LOVE the entire artwork! The cover, the colors, the text on the cover, the spine and on the back, and I was dying over some of the song titles :lmao: You are so interestingly talented, man! :excited:

I would love for you to make me a cover for my album, I would even freakin' PAY you :lol: it's so far away from being done but your vision is so unique and fresh! If only I were that artsy.

I just literally got bored and wanted to take a break from recording songs for my album...I had downloaded the instrumental to Pharrell's "You Can Do It Too" a LONG time ago, so I just decided to throw some words to make a dramatic song that shared the same vibe of the instrumental. :lol: It cracks me up...

To give the track some characterization, picture the ugly red-headed Shrek look-a-like stepchild you inherited that you just have to love because you kinda have to? :lmao: THAT is what this little song is, in music form :asham: no offense to red-heads, btw.

I'll upload it and post it soon :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIswdI2KsA

:lmao:

CHORUS

Every single day, Every single day

Is the same, it's the same, I am goin insane

You got me goin crazy baby

I said you got me goin' crazy baby

Callin' your name

I'm callin' your name, you got me callin' your name

VERSE

Ever since you left

I been sittin in this same old chair

This same old chair

Not goin nowhere

It's just not fair

It's just not fair

This world was supposed to be ours to share

But'chu went and tried to hurt me

Yeah, you went and tried to act real salty

[Girl] You really turned out to be faulty

[i know this] but I can't let go of the memory

Of you and me

And what we could be

[For some reason, I can't get'chu outta my mind]

CHORUS

Every single day, Every single day

Is the same, it's the same, I am goin insane

You got me goin crazy baby

I said you got me goin' crazy baby

Callin' your name

I'm callin' your name, you got me callin' your name

"Callin' Your Name" is very jazzy and autumny IMO, I like it! :D (I actually tried to write a song with a similar title too :asham:)

:o :o :o Andy...no joke buddy...that album cover is one of the coolest album covers I have EVER seen! I LOVE the entire artwork! The cover, the colors, the text on the cover, the spine and on the back, and I was dying over some of the song titles :lmao: You are so interestingly talented, man! :excited:

I would love for you to make me a cover for my album, I would even freakin' PAY you :lol: it's so far away from being done but your vision is so unique and fresh! If only I were that artsy.

Wow thanks, Jevar! That's one of the best compliments I got in a while! It just all started with me playing around with different effects in "Digital Image" (now I use "Gimp" and it's free :lol:). Lots of times I'd get a random effect by accident and then just decide to keep it, so I consider myself an experimenter. :lol: I try to use certain colors and effects to capture the mood I'm going for though.

Sure I'm down (Don't pay me though lol). It's not all made from scratch either. I can draw decently, but on the computer not so much. -_- I usually take an actual photo and modify it a tad and a bit. :ph34r: Anybody could do it really. Just open an image program, spend time playing around with the effects to see what happens, and you'll eventually get the hang of it. ;)

I just meant that I finished all the DEMOS, in two weeks. ^_^

Plus I'm not aboard ship for albums with more than 9 tracks :umm:

Oh alright :)

:umm: That kind of limits you if you do that for EVERY album. I say on average they should be between 11-15 tracks long. Gives you some leeway and more options for singles. Plus, depending on the writing, it can open up style variety, too.

Jevar: I actually really love this new one from you :asham: All it really needs is some polishing up and it could very well be album-worthy lol.

Btw, you look very handsome in the photos :blush:

:blush: Thanks Reyna! Haha yes, major fine tuning... :lol: It makes me laugh because most of it was just free-style singing, and then I got really attached to it. But it's kind of crappy and sappy :lol:

"Callin' Your Name" is very jazzy and autumny IMO, I like it! :D (I actually tried to write a song with a similar title too :asham:)

Wow thanks, Jevar! That's one of the best compliments I got in a while! It just all started with me playing around with different effects in "Digital Image" (now I use "Gimp" and it's free . Lots of times I'd get a random effect by accident and then just decide to keep it, so I consider myself an experimenter. :lol: I try to use certain colors and effects to capture the mood I'm going for though.

Sure I'm down (Don't pay me though lol). It's not all made from scratch either. I can draw decently, but on the computer not so much. -_- I usually take an actual photo and modify it a tad and a bit. :ph34r: Anybody could do it really. Just open an image program, spend time playing around with the effects to see what happens, and you'll eventually get the hang of it.

:D I appreciate it Andy! You're right, it is autumny -- I can kinda picture the wind blowing and red, orange, and yellow leaves gently falling out of the trees when I'm listening to the instrumental :lol: I just recorded a second verse today, half spoken word half rap -- I'm spending wayyy too much time on this piece :asham:

:thumbup: You're very welcome, brotha! I meant every word, you're extremely talented...that cover is brilliant. I'm definitely going to look into that to see if I can do something halfway decent -_- I'm not artsy at all and I can't draw to save my life :asham: I would seriously think it'd be awesome if you could make some magic for a cover when I finally put my album out, I'll run it by you sometime next year to see if you still wouldn't mind :lol:

Here's the new 'full length' version of "Callin' My Name" :lol:

:blush: Thanks Reyna! Haha yes, major fine tuning... :lol: It makes me laugh because most of it was just free-style singing, and then I got really attached to it. But it's kind of crappy and sappy :lol:

You're welcome, babe ^_^ Not too much :lol: It says alot when a free-style is that good. It really sounds great :lol:

LOVE it! ^_^:wub:

:D I appreciate it Andy! You're right, it is autumny -- I can kinda picture the wind blowing and red, orange, and yellow leaves gently falling out of the trees when I'm listening to the instrumental :lol: I just recorded a second verse today, half spoken word half rap -- I'm spending wayyy too much time on this piece :asham:

:thumbup: You're very welcome, brotha! I meant every word, you're extremely talented...that cover is brilliant. I'm definitely going to look into that to see if I can do something halfway decent -_- I'm not artsy at all and I can't draw to save my life :asham: I would seriously think it'd be awesome if you could make some magic for a cover when I finally put my album out, I'll run it by you sometime next year to see if you still wouldn't mind :lol:

I love the full version; it sounds great :thumbup:

----------------

These are a few more of my album concepts (yeah I have more >_<, but they're even worse lol)...

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9707/47728094.png

row 1

• Change... - Before this, I had Out of Tune, A New Light, and 100 Aker Hood and I consider this one a "change" in direction from those relatively juvenile albums. This was where I really started to come out of my shell such as on "I'll Be Your Teddy-Bear" lol but still a lot of light stuff like "Pimple (I Don't Care)."
  • 19917 - The title is pronounced "nineteen ninety seventeen" because I came up with it back in 2007, and it's just a celebration of the 90s. One of my personal favorites despite all the filler here lol
  • The Lion & The King - This one is two-disc. First half is "The Lion" (containing what I'd consider my signature song "Honey I Broke Yo Window" lol), and the second half is "The King" (a tribute to the King of Pop) which features a few parodies like "Wanna Be Smart As Somethin'" and "Buddies on the Dance Floor."
  • The Shower Curtain - Pretty much my Velvet Rope except obviously nowhere near as a hundredth as deep. ("Real Meaning" and "She's Not Real" were somewhat okay depending how much leeway you're willing to give lol.) A lot of my song ideas come to me in the shower so that's what inspired the title. That's supposed to make it personal despite the sheer ridiculousness of it all. :lol:
    • Zany Zebra - I had envisioned this as a musical set in the heart of Africa (kinda rips off The Gods Must Be Crazy >_<), so I wanted a lot of traditional African music used on it. The lead song was "Get the Funk Up," inspired by Tanisha from Bad Girls Club >_< with a dash of RN1814 and Lion King mixed in.
    • Simbiote - The title was actually my buddy Dazario's idea, and I loved it so much I decided to use it. It's also "two-disc" (hence a lot of filler *cough*) and it's an intense battle between the good and bad consciences. Honestly this one was my favorite.
    • Symbaryte - A play on "sybarite," and with this one I tried to use Ancient Greek and Roman themes. However, the sound is closest to MPLS (Prince, Mint Condition, etc.).
    • MadHouse - My most recent one about someone who lives in a MadHouse basically lol.

Planned future projects:

[*] A.N.D.Y.: Accessed New Dimensions Yonder

[*] Undecember

[*] Zany Zebra II

:umm: That kind of limits you if you do that for EVERY album. I say on average they should be between 11-15 tracks long. Gives you some leeway and more options for singles. Plus, depending on the writing, it can open up style variety, too.

I can't do fillers :sigh: All 9 tracks should be single worthy :umm:

See the Control album for example :yep:

Check out my new demo, its just the hook....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQelWrhbEnc

Baby your my auto tune.

My auto tune.

You pick me up when I mess up.

Baby your my auto tune.

My auto tune.

Can't nobody fix it like you.

You got me going,

Deee, deee, de de de de de, deee... deee... deee...

De de de de de de de, deee... deee... deee... deee... deee... deee...

De de de de de de de, deee... deee...

Deee... deee...

You got me going,

Deee, deee, de de de de de, deee... deee... deee...

Deee... deee...

Think this is my fav demo so far, thoughts? :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXi9UxyTaqY

VERSE:

This song goes out to those in love.

Boyfriend, Girlfriend, and Wifey's.

Baby Daddies.

Want you to love them.

Want you to hug them.

I had to say how much I need you in my life.

Cause you make things right... baby.

Right... baby.

I know my Lyrics hurt you sometimes.

You always help to re-write.

Even when I'm crying in the dark.

You've always been my flash light.

CHORUS:

Baby your my auto tune.

My auto tune.

You pick me up when I mess up. (Dee dee)

Baby your my auto tune.

My auto tune.

Can't nobody fix it like you. (Dee dee)

You got me going,

Deee, deee, de de de de de, deee... deee... deee... (Oh yeah)

Deee... deee...

You got me going,

Deee... deee...

VERSE:

I'm like car wreck.

You my spare tire.

I'm like a missed call.

You my phone wire.

I'm like a typo.

You my spell check.

I'm like a plane crash.

You land me on deck.

Your my everything so I'm singing this song. (Song)

Just sing a-long... baby

Just sing a-long... baby

I know my rhymes hurt you sometimes.

You always straighten the tone.

When I struggle with the notes.

Baby your my microphone.

CHORUS:

Baby your my auto tune.

My auto tune.

Baby your my auto tune.

My auto tune.

You got me going,

Deee... deee...

You got me going,

Deee... deee...

-DANCE BREAK-

CHORUS:

Baby your my auto tune.

My auto tune.

Baby your my auto tune.

My auto tune.

You got me going,

Deee... deee...

You got me going,

Deee... deee...

Archived