My girl follows up 2006's ILLEST album SPRING OF 2012

LyricalLesson

NELLY FURTADO RETURNS WITH "Lifestyle" !!!

On July 2, 2011, Furtado preformed a new track from her upcoming studio album. The acoustic ballad was entitled "Mystery". The proposed album is targeted for a Spring 2012 release and has attracted producers such as The Neptunes, Tiësto, Timbaland, Ryan Tedder and Rodney Jerkins.

Furtado announced that she would include rapper Nas on her upcoming lead single, amongst others to be featured on the album. Another album feature surfaced is Passion Pit's lead singer Mike Angelakos on a track entitled "The Edge", while Furtado also expressed interest to work once again with rapper Missy Elliot. Furtado continued to collaborate with hip- hop producer Salaam Remi, who previously worked on the 2010 single "Night Is Young", on "The Edge". The lyrics for the Salaam Remi produced track are reported to be influenced by the Tiger Woods cheating scandal, in which was originally referred to as " Elin's Song".

Furtado proclaims that "Lifestyle" would be most like her 2000 debut "Whoa, Nelly!", but containing elements from urban, alternative, and reggae. In addition, it is the first of Furtado's album reorded entirely in English. The influences for the album range from Janelle Monae, The xx, to Florence + the Machine. Furtado has simultaneously begun work on a full-length Portuguese album, as a followup to her Spanish effort, "Mi Plan". On October 17, 2011, Furtado made announced that she would be collaborating with recording artist Alex Cuba once again.

I can't wait to see what she has in store this time around :w00t: I'm always thoroughly impressed with what Nelly brings to the table with her albums. And like I said in the thread title, I feel that "LOOSE" was the best album of 2006 :excited: Will she be able to match or surpass it? :unsure: I'm eager to find out.

Archived