but check ur ego at the door

DIL - over it

an album designed to generate hits

i cant listen to CIL, BB, NG anymore

currently on "hip hop star"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DIL is classic Bey to me. I miss that but I get that peoples sounds changes over time...I only listen to the singles every now and again but I adore Hip Hop Star, Rather Be With You, Yes and Signs.

I have a love/hate relationship with B'Day. I love it because it's fun. I hate it because it consumed too much of my college years. I like that she used real instruments and the whole live band for the performances was awesome. Deja Vu will ALWAYS be my favourite video of hers. I don't get why people hated it so much. I think Irreplaceable will always be remembered - it's one of her few timeless songs.

I'm SO over Sasha Fierce. It started of a great era but then I got bored quick and I hated her too because I was jealous one of my friends got to see her live and she wasn't as big a fan of me and I couldn't go :(. However I appreciate she tried to take a little bit of a risk and do some more 'country/rock'-like ish. Smash Into You, Honestly, Disappear, Satellites If I Were A Boy...they're all great songs. Single Ladies was a huge phenomenon that we hardly see anymore - I don't like the other CD...the upbeat one. The songs were overplayed especially Sweet Dreams. Oh I LOVED Roc but I don't think it was released on any format?

4 is a great album though I am bored of it at the moment. I always do this with Bey. I listen to a new album so many times until I get bored of it and can't stomach it. Then a month later when I haven't heard it for ages I'll love it again. I think the only reason it didn't do well single wise is because everyone is into pop/dance right now. I'm glad she didn't sell out and do an album like Kelly Rowland or Usher. She took that risk and stuck to doing her. Great on her.

Dangerously In Love

• Be With You*
  • Speechless
  • The Closer I Get to You*
  • Dangerously In Love 2*

Hated all of B'Day

I Am...Sasha Fierce
    • Scared of Lonely*
    • Hello

[*]Best Thing I Never Had

[*]Party

[*]Countdown

[*]End of Time

Haven't listened to the ballads.

All of them I like, but the ones that really get play have stars by them.

Dangerously-In-Love.jpg

so overrated

I only like:

- Be With You

- That's How You Like It

and all those other songs are trying too hard to be deep and memorable (speechles, DIL etc etc). bored.gifbored.gifbored.gif

I dont think it deserved a grammy, but i cant remember who it was up against

i do however love the album cover

i remember being blown away by it, and wanting it all over my room. Ha... and id go into the music stores, and it'd be hanging up everywhere

the album cover is gorgeous

One thing I absolutely love about Bey's catalog is that although it's not perfect each song translates well live. It's like she records music thinking about how she's going to perform it live. I love that aspect of it a lot. I think she could do a really well MTV Unplugged album using songs from each album. Roseland is as close to an Unplugged tbh.

I like these songs...

DIL: "Me Myself & I" (my fav), "Be With You," "Speechless," "Naughty Girl," "Crazy in Love"

B'Day: "Deja Vu," "Get Me Bodied," "Beautiful Liar," "Listen"

IASF: "Sweet Dreams"

4: "Party," "Rather Die Young," "Love On Top" (I love this song -_-)

Bday.jpg

liked this album when it came out (coz i was a fan, and it was all experimental and instrument-ish), but now its unbearable

But i loved the Beyonce experience...they worked exceptionally well.. i prefer hearing these songs live, particularly freakum dress

im even over irreplaceable, but considered it her best hit @ the time

i dont like a single song from this album, except stil in love (which had to be removed LMAO!!!),

I-Am-Sasha-Fierce.jpg

- halo (her best song to that date)

- hello

she gets points for trying, but the songs are still incredibly annoying

and it was probably her best album up to this point

there are just far too many songs on this album...and there was no need for it to be divided into an i am and sasha fierce set. just put them altogether for one album.. and it also means that there are too many soppy, boring ballads i have to sit through, and i am not here for that. the uptempo songs arent that good either

i still find single ladies incredibly annoying, and cant listen to it, but i give it points for the epic video and the fan base and buzz that built around it. that was fun

I also hate the videos and imagery and photoshoots for this era (except the single ladies stuff)

If I were a boy kinda grew on me.

I don't necessarily find Beyonce that deep but the subject leaves something to talk about.

she used to try be deep, and emotionally connect to her songs

but i dont think it worked

now it works

48510.jpg

The Year of 4

She has finally arrived

love everything about this album, and era

Finally, the true girl comes out

And I will forever love this song

one of her best, and one of my favs....

Run-The-World-Girls2.jpg

Hopefully it gets an Album of the year nod...im sure it will

and this album puts all her previous albums to waste...its like they dont even matter or exist anymore

she used to try be deep, and emotionally connect to her songs

but i dont think it worked

now it works

I think the problems lies with the trite lyrics. They are similar to Ciara's like a boy. Typical "men ain't shit" buzzwords. She coulda dug deeper in what a females depicts being a guy in a relationship.

I think the problems lies with the trite lyrics. They are similar to Ciara's like a boy. Typical "men ain't shit" buzzwords. She coulda dug deeper in what a females depicts being a guy in a relationship.

or maybe she is trying to connect to songs which have no meaning with her, or things she's never experienced before...i used to feel that way early on... she used to sing all these deep, love songs, but i could never hear her connect to it

Beyonce has a really horrible and poor catalog of music...some strong cuts here and there but mostly filler

I like majority of Bday...sasha ..had some gems..like disappear the generic sweet dreams..halo has a special meaning..such a touching song...hello . Radio another good song ..hmm

well for is also decent

I was here is easily the best song on the album... Very deep and thought provoking Kudo's to the writer and kudos' to her for conveying the message of the song beautifully

Archived