Well I'll be damned! LMFAO...I've been plagiarized!

LyricalLesson

Late last night/early this morning, my friend sent me a text and told me to check my Facebook. I got on FB, and he had sent me a message saying "Yo Jevar, some dude used your lyrics on a song of his!"

!!!

So I click the link, and sure enough -- some cat named Mohammed Salem recorded "his own" remix of Janet's RUFF, and used some of MY lyrics! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I think it's hilarious!

This is what the song description says:

" In celebration of almost a decade in the music industry, Mohammed Salem is celebrating with the release of "FROM MOJO TO MIMI - THE VERY BEST OF MOHAMMED SALEM". This is a collection of 18 of Mohammed Salem's best hits over the past 10 years plus one brand new single. The never before released or heard single "RUFF" a duet with the singer who was instrumental in shaping his musical career - Ms Janet Jackson!"

DEAD :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Not only did he jack my lyrics, but he's also claiming this is HIS his new single recorded with Janet. :mellow::lol: 'From Mojo to Mimi'...for real? :asham:

See/listen for yourself :lol::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4m5BVPMIiY

And here's mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzCR2VZmqrs

He made his a few Weeks ago (December 5th 2011), I made mine a week after the original RUFF snippet was released (June 4th, 2010)

MY LYRICS:

"Girl your kitty is callin' (meow meow)

Open up, no stallin' (open now)

The way I hit it, so frightening (boom pow)

I'm bout to beat it up like Mike Tyson (I'ma hit it like wow)"

HIS LYRICS:

"Girl your body is callin' (meow meow)

Open up, no stallin' (open now)

The way I hit it, so frightening (boom yeah)

You gonna feel it's like lightning (I'ma feel it like wow)"

Dude changed a few words and called it his own :lol:

I can't believe I've been BEYONCÉ'D, y'all! :lmao::sigh:

Oh I can relate, Jazmine Sullivan stole "Bust Yo Windows" (2008) from my "Honey I Broke Yo Window" (2007). j/p :P, that was just a pure coincidence. I didn't even put anything out there except lyrics, but her song actually sounded strikingly similar to how I intended mine to sound. It was pretty hilarious to me. :lol:Oh well, her song's a million times better than mine anyway lol

Anyway, I left a comment on his video :devil: At least yours is also in better quality too. :whistle:B)

Oh I can relate, Jazmine Sullivan stole "Bust Yo Windows" (2008) from my "Honey I Broke Yo Window" (2007). j/p :P, that was just a pure coincidence. I didn't even put anything out there except lyrics, but her song actually sounded strikingly similar to how I intended mine to sound. It was pretty hilarious to me. :lol:Oh well, her song's a million times better than mine anyway lol

Anyway, I left a comment on his video :devil: At least yours is also in better quality too. :whistle:B)

I remember you discussing this waaaay back on the old board :o:lmao: That damn Jazmine Sullivan! Lol. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if artists or their camps troll the internet looking for ideas for new songs. Who knows...you could be a legit victim! :sigh::lol:

:lmao: Now I'm gonna have to log into YouTube to see what you said! Thanks Andy, I did notice that the quality of his blend is pretty sub-par, but I didn't want to be the one to say it :whistle::asham:

I remember you discussing this waaaay back on the old board :o:lmao: That damn Jazmine Sullivan! Lol. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if artists or their camps troll the internet looking for ideas for new songs. Who knows...you could be a legit victim! :sigh::lol:

:lmao: Now I'm gonna have to log into YouTube to see what you said! Thanks Andy, I did notice that the quality of his blend is pretty sub-par, but I didn't want to be the one to say it :whistle::asham:

Daz was the one who brought it to my attention. :lol: I mean J5's "Looking Through the Windows," Tina's "Steamy Windows," existed long before, but the horns were actually really similar. :lol:

Oh I just said "So, Jevar's remix is really great ain't it?" lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived