Kelly clarkson Gets Sales Bump After Endorsing Ron Paul

Idrag4mj

Kelly Clarkson's record sales got a bump over the weekend after the singer endorsed Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul, a move that resulted in her coming under fire from fans who do not approve of the politician's views on gay rights and the death penalty. Clarkson's latest album, Stronger, surged to the upper reaches of both the Amazon and iTunes digital sales charts within a day of the endorsement.

"I love Ron Paul," Clarkson wrote on her WhoSay account on Thursday. "I liked him a lot during the last Republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he's got my vote. Too bad he probably won't."

After her fans challenged her support of the Texan congressman, she offered an apology and clarified her position in another WhoSay post. "I do not support racism," she wrote. "I support gay rights, straight rights, women's rights, men's rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he's my favorite."

Related

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kelly-clarkson-gets-sales-bump-after-endorsing-ron-paul-20120102#ixzz1iJtpzxLi

I actually called it once i heard her comments..i said she's about to get a shitload of sales because republicans actually buy albums lols

Archived