Computer Ram?

Bailey

anyone here know about computer ram chips? I have two slots on my laptop where I can upgrade to 8GB more of ram, but I was looking on Ebay and the costs are all over the place I could pay as little as 22 bucks for 4GB or 128 for 4Gb, I am asking is all RAM the same meaning they fit any laptop? I honestly don't know I know how to put them in though I watched a youtube video I gotta get my laptop put back together after I make some upgrades and repairs.

anyone here know about computer ram chips? I have two slots on my laptop where I can upgrade to 8GB more of ram, but I was looking on Ebay and the costs are all over the place I could pay as little as 22 bucks for 4GB or 128 for 4Gb, I am asking is all RAM the same meaning they fit any laptop? I honestly don't know I know how to put them in though I watched a youtube video I gotta get my laptop put back together after I make some upgrades and repairs.

What make and model laptop is it? Normally you can go to the manufacturers website and put in your info and it will give a list of specs and parts so you know exactly the kind of ram you have. Might ask for the serial number or something and you put it in and get a list of specs. Including how much room for upgrade you have.

thanks fellas I just left from Best Buy ABC Warehouse and Walmart...in a snow storm no less....and once again I find it still holds true.....never shop retail when you can buy online much cheaper, I went out with my card and came back with only 3 dollars spent on it. Damn retail :filenails:

I use Seagate Go Flex portable. I have a 1tb and a 500. Small easy to use uses a USB connection easily portable I have never had any problems with mine.

Go Flex™

seagate is coming up as like the best on CNET let me call around Best Buys and see what they say if I ask for the best, then back to Ebay I go....thanks

I use Seagate Go Flex portable. I have a 1tb and a 500. Small easy to use uses a USB connection easily portable I have never had any problems with mine.

Go Flex™

Best Buy had a WD on sale 750GB 89 bucks so I went with that. They told me the different brands are not that different for what they do, it's all size. I was told not to buy stuff like that online because electronics get damaged in shipping and all kinda shit and your better off getting a good deal in a store with a warranty and a receipt in hand.

I had to wait on the ram because my laptop comes with only 2 slots, I thought it had 4, so that means I have to take the old 2 GB pieces out swap them both for two 4GB pieces and go up to 8GB total RAM. I priced the ram and it's more than I want to spend in one day since I been spending my ass off. :filenails: BUT I can get the ram later nothing wrong with what I have now.

I had to wait on the ram because my laptop comes with only 2 slots, I thought it had 4, so that means I have to take the old 2 GB pieces out swap them both for two 4GB pieces and go up to 8GB total RAM. I priced the ram and it's more than I want to spend in one day since I been spending my ass off. :filenails: BUT I can get the ram later nothing wrong with what I have now.

The cost of RAM is actually really low right now. The prices fluctuate depending on supply.

Archived