Xscape vs SWV

jarrylf

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the better group?

• Xscape
    • SWV

Both groups came on the scene with a very hard/street image, but they also had a soft sexy side too. I always thought both were similar and talented, but whats your choice?

Im going for Xscape, because all 4 members have their lead songs, and all 4 can really SANG (not to say SWV cant), but I feel like I dont know Lelee or Taj's voices hardly at all, I mean the group was all about Coco when it came to solos (Taj even said so lol) but their harmony was great, but I think Xscapes was better.

(I'd honestly be suprised if Xscape won, not SWV because of the 2 SWV is more known and have more chart success than Xscape, not by much)

Whats your pick?

Albums#1

(This shut it DOWN for me)

(That harmony...)

This

Vocally i prefer Xscape - the range between them all is amazing. I prefer SWV material though but Taj and Lelee werent given enough chance to prove their width.

+

That

Xscape without a doubt. I love SWV too, but Xscape had better songs and voices.

= :thumbup: I couldnt agree with both more (except I think I evenly like both of their bodies of work, but I prefer Xscapes because of their voices, wheres with SWV its just because the songs hott) but I feel bad for Lelee and Taj, like Taj used to always joke on her old reality show that people would ask her "are yall even doing the backround or is that Coko too" and that aint right, thats ALWAYS my thing about groups with only 1 lead singer, if your not that lead singer your backup in my eyes. Wheres in groups like En Vogue & Xscape everybody got their fair share of leads

Archived