Janet taking legal action over false rumors of slapping Paris

jarrylf

Last week, internet rumors surfaced concerning an alleged altercation between Janet Jackson and her niece Paris. Today, Janet Jackson's attorney, Blair G. Brown, tells The Insider that Janet vehemently denies the altercation.

"Ms. Jackson did not slap Paris, and did not call her a 'spoiled little bitch' or a 'bitch,'" says Brown.

According to Brown, Janet is threatening legal action towards the source that originally reported the claims. Brown says that the "false statements are highly damaging to Ms. Jackson's reputation and have caused her significant harm."

Yesterday, attorneys for the estate of Michael Jackson confirmed to The Insider that Janet, Randy, Rebbie and Jermaine Jackson were prohibited from entering the Calabasas home shared by Paris, Prince, Blanket and Katherine Jackson "following the events of July 23 in which certain members of the Jackson family showed up unannounced at the Calabasas residence of Michael Jackson's mother and children, causing a very public disturbance."

The attorneys for Michael Jackson's estate did not elaborate on the nature of the disturbance and what exactly took place.

http://www.theinsider.com/gossip/54325_Janet_Jackson_Denies_Altercation_with_Paris_Jackson/index.html

.....I'm naturally for it, but I badly cant shake the "why didnt she do this RIGHT AWAY" feeling out of my head

Well to be fair, the incident is only 7 days old. Maybe she thought it would blow over, but realized it had legs and has now decided to take action because legitimate news sources are reporting it as truth. Even though Paris denied any physical altercation or foul language on twitter days ago.

Well to be fair, the incident is only 7 days old. Maybe she thought it would blow over, but realized it had legs and has now decided to take action because legitimate news sources are reporting it as truth. Even though Paris denied any physical altercation or foul language on twitter days ago.

Yes! It definitely was damaging to her character! I'm glad that Janet is suing! :thumbup:

You can't lie about the Queen and get away with it!

• Upvote 1

Yea but at the same time (not that theres anything that can change that now) people took that shit and ran with it like they saw it, fans and haters, like people took that part sooo seriously.

JANET JACKSON

Did Not Slap or Verbally Abuse Paris Jackson

0801-janet-paris-jackson-1.jpg

Janet Jackson did not slap or verbally abuse Paris Jackson during a confrontation at the Jackson family home in Calabasas last week.

TMZ published a story last week based on sources who told us Janet went off on Michael Jackson's daughter after the singer tried to grab Paris' cell phone. We also reported Janet called Paris a "spoiled little bitch."

Although we believed the story to be true when we published it, we have now determined it was not correct ... Janet did not slap or otherwise touch Paris, nor did she verbally abuse her.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/01/janet-jackson-did-not-slap-or-verbally-abuse-paris-jackson/

:thumbup:

Dang. I think it's a little too late. I'm waiting to see if they will air this on TV?

Well CNN HLN with jane velequez talks about this topic every night. The mj stan broad from radar online jen heger comes on each night bashing janet. All she has on her twitter page is jackson news no sign of the TMZ retraction.

Yea but at the same time (not that theres anything that can change that now) people took that shit and ran with it like they saw it, fans and haters, like people took that part sooo seriously.

True. We are the dumbest living mechanisms in the universe. I still like the fact that she made them do an about face. I don't think i've ever seen that from TMZ. They will think twice now b4 reporting any story regarding janet.