Are You Better Off Than You Were FOUR Years Ago?

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Are You Better Off Than You Were FOUR Years Ago  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Better Off Than You Were FOUR Years Ago

• Yes
    • No

If you are younger than 22 right now.. then think about your parents

well times are different now, my dad got good paying jobs very easy, he worked for Ford for a week, and said he didn't like it so same week he got a job at GM worked there for the next 30 years. Our generation will not see 30 and out, we will have several careers in our lives, I already have had 2, and am attempting to get a 3rd. I worked in management for 7 years, then Chrysler 8 years. Now am I better off now than 4 years ago? Well lets be very exact, 4 years ago at this exact time I was about a month away from a 100k cash but out from Chrysler (65k after taxes), I had already made 42k in earnings that year making 2008 the highest year of earnings I have ever seen 149k to be exact. Did you know SSI has a max they can take in a year after that they don't take anymore? I had no idea because most of us don't earn enough to max out our SSI contributions. SO FUCK NO I AM NOT BETTER. At least not entirely, I don't have a high paying job anymore, but I have gotten more education. I have traveled more, spent a shit load of money

can maybe or sorta be an option success is a subjective matter. :filenails: Fuck it Ima go with no, is it the President's fault? No we live in a global world that is very competitive, and its time we face the hard truths, manufacturing gave us a middle class with decent wages, but now companies can out source jobs to cheap labor markets, thats not the President's fault thats corporate America not giving a fuck about you

I am in LITERALLY every way that matters to me, I'm healthier, smarter, I'm out of Detroit, I'm in California, I've been in a Hollywood Movie, I was on 1 of the best shows on Comedy Central, I worked with a legendary singer I was a fan of since I was under 3, right before she died, went to my 1st red carpet premiere at Grauman's chinese theater for the movie I'm in (a specific dream I wasn't expecting to achieve for years), I'm meeting people I've imagined and dream't about meeting, I'm stronger emotionally than I've ever been, tougher, and more mature. I'd love to be more finacially stable, but I'd take all of the above with being mostly broke, than doing none of that and having a fat wallet, thats how I roll. To give somewhat of a simple answer, FUHUCCCK YES. I don't think I had this much faith in myself 4 years ago that even half of the things posted above would happen so shortly, and I know theres SOOOOO much more to come in no time. I have more faith in myself, my beliefs and what I want out of life than I ever had.

Since I'm 22 I'll answer for my dear sweet mama too, FUHUCK YES (Outta Detroit, in Cali, got a better paying job thats paying for the house here and in Detroit, and I occasionally introduce her to celebs when she joins me).

If it's about politics, still yes, I got my 1st real job in 2010, something I've been trying to do since 05. I HATED that job with everything (the pay wasn't equal to what the job was, but since it was pay, I stayed until I moved out here in Feb)

Don't really mean to toot my own horn but TOOT Fuckin TOOT lol, I actually do sometimes because I'm in fucking shock myself alot of times.

without giving out all my deets... Yes I am better off than I was 4 years ago

can maybe or sorta be an option success is a subjective matter. :filenails: Fuck it Ima go with no, is it the President's fault? No we live in a global world that is very competitive, and its time we face the hard truths, manufacturing gave us a middle class with decent wages, but now companies can out source jobs to cheap labor markets, thats not the President's fault thats corporate America not giving a fuck about you

it's a yes or no question

didn't know you wanted to be a laborer :umm: I thought you wanted to be a nurse/doctor

I don't know. Do you mean financially or overall?

Financially - yes.

Mentally - no.

Emotionally - nuh uh.

overall... the government can't help your mental and emotional state of mind :lmao:

didn't know you wanted to be a laborer :umm: I thought you wanted to be a nurse/doctor

Yes I want to work in health care and I will, but excuse me for pointing out what should be obvious to you, its easy to have your car made in China with cheap labor, it is not easy to ship your teeth to India for a dental cleaning, if you need to have an IV fluid of normal saline started to rehydrate you I would be more than glad to detach your arm and ship it to India, problem there is the fluids won't get very far. I surely hope this very clever post is not lost on the ignorant. :filenails: ...let me drive it home one more time, with a simpler example, let's say i want a haircut, can I outsource that too? like mail my head off to India and have them cut my hair for .50 cent and mail my head back?

overall... the government can't help your mental and emotional state of mind :lmao:

laborers built this economy if it wasn't for manufacturing it would have been tough for our parents generation to have a middle class is what I am saying defending that which made our educations possible doesn't mean I want to be a laborer, even though when a brutha had to put some money in his pocket I became one for Chrysler.

laborers built this economy if it wasn't for manufacturing it would have been tough for our parents generation to have a middle class is what I am saying defending that which made our educations possible doesn't mean I want to be a laborer, even though when a brutha had to put some money in his pocket I became one for Chrysler.

Yes I want to work in health care and I will, but excuse me for pointing out what should be obvious to you, its easy to have your car made in China with cheap labor, it is not easy to ship your teeth to India for a dental cleaning, if you need to have an IV fluid of normal saline started to rehydrate you I would be more than glad to detach your arm and ship it to India, problem there is the fluids won't get very far. I surely hope this very clever post is not lost on the ignorant. :filenails: ...let me drive it home one more time, with a simpler example, let's say i want a haircut, can I outsource that too? like mail my head off to India and have them cut my hair for .50 cent and mail my head back?

I drive a Chrysler 200 :umm: made in Detroit... my hubby drives a Dodge... :umm: soooo fail on both your houses

you're "clever" post is very much lost in ignorance

you're going off topic... this topic isn't talking about manufacturing or laborers jobs or business out-sourcing... or out-sourcing things that can't be outsourced (like hair cuts and body parts) so these little irrelevant rants.. are unneeded

I drive a Chrysler 200 :umm: made in Detroit... my hubby drives a Dodge... :umm: soooo fail on both your houses

you're "clever" post is very much lost in ignorance

you're going off topic... this topic isn't talking about manufacturing or laborers jobs or business out-sourcing... or out-sourcing things that can't be outsourced (like hair cuts and body parts) so these little irrelevant rants.. are unneeded

um no don't try it, can you be 100% certain ALL OF YOUR CAR IS AMERICAN MADE? Um no these rants apparently were needed you came in this bitch like laborers aint shit so I had to sit you down and give you a history lesson of what labor and manufacturing has done for our country son.

um no don't try it, can you be 100% certain ALL OF YOUR CAR IS AMERICAN MADE? Um no these rants apparently were needed you came in this bitch like laborers aint shit so I had to sit you down and give you a history lesson of what labor and manufacturing has done for our country son.

Not one car in this country has 100% all American parts.. but I top the list at #2 with 81%... boy don't you look stupid [ http://wot.motortren...tent-67627.html ] < Top ten cars with North American parts

first off... i didn't say that... please quote me saying that

i don't need a history lesson on laborers... so you can keep that noise another day

just answer the poll question and leave.. your lectures and rants are unneeded and over the top... it's 2012 not 1975... clearly the US needs to move past labor and invest in technology and green energy for that is the future...

Not one car in this country has 100% all American parts.. but I top the list at #2 with 81%... boy don't you look stupid [ http://wot.motortren...tent-67627.html ] < Top ten cars with North American parts

first off... i didn't say that... please quote me saying that

i don't need a history lesson on laborers... so you can keep that noise another day

just answer the poll question and leave.. your lectures and rants are unneeded and over the top... it's 2012 not 1975... clearly the US needs to move past labor and invest in technology and green energy for that is the future...

we have and they haven't produced the jobs intended, so clearly you need to check what you're saying, I swear you just live to try it, I have no idea why you exist here anymore, except the occasional agreement I think you're bat shit crazy I really do.

we have and they hasn't produced the jobs intended, so clearly you need to check what you're saying, I swear you just live to try it, I have no idea why you exist here anymore, except the occasional agreement I think you're bat shit crazy I really do.

:sigh: i need to check what I'm saying? yet you're going on rants about an American made car being made in China or about a 100% American-made car that isn't on the market... and i'm bat shit crazy?

tumblr_m3gyfdytYO1r35hjeo1_500.gif

the issue at hand is American jobs and how we can as a nation be better off kinda hard with Game riding in 20% made some-fucking-where-else...that's 20% less employment

the issue at hand is the title of the thread.. "are you better off..." this isn't about American jobs.. this is about overall happiness with where you were four years ago... to where you are now.. Bu isn't American but he answered the question...

My car is 81% American Made.. that's anywhere in North America... please name ONE car that is higher than the Dodge Avenger.. please name ONE car that is 82% UNITED STATES OF AMERICA made.. you can't because there is no such thing... since you know so much about labor, I hope you can understand why that is

:sigh: i need to check what I'm saying? yet you're going on rants about an American made car being made in China or about a 100% American-made car that isn't on the market... and i'm bat shit crazy?

tumblr_m3gyfdytYO1r35hjeo1_500.gif

the issue at hand is the title of the thread.. "are you better off..." this isn't about American jobs.. this is about overall happiness with where you were four years ago... to where you are now.. Bu isn't American but he answered the question...

My car is 81% American Made.. that's anywhere in North America... please name ONE car that is higher than the Dodge Avenger.. please name ONE car that is 82% UNITED STATES OF AMERICA made.. you can't because there is no such thing... since you know so much about labor, I hope you can understand why that is

I'm not naming a God dayum thang :filenails: