Shaggy Still Pressed

During an interview with Idolator, Shaggy recalls Janet Jackson wanting nothing to do with his top hit 'Luv Me, Luv Me'.

When choosing Collaborators, Shaggy says the record usually dictate the featured artists, but one experience didn't go too well.

"I do the record and let the record dictate the collaborator. Most of the people I work with aren't famous. 'It Wasn't Me' had Rikrok. Of all my hits, Janet Jackson was the only big star," Shaggy told Idolator. "We did our vocals separate on 'Luv Me, Luv Me.' She wasn't even there the same time I was for the video. She didn't want anything to do with the record, so I ended up doing the record myself."

"Luv Me, Luv Me" was first released in July (1998) as a collaboration with Janet Jackson, however it was re-recorded in 2000 and the re-recorded version was released as the third single from his multi-platinum album, Hot Shot, in 2001.

Shaggy further explained: It was a great song. It was produced by [Jimmy] Jam & [Terry] Lewis, which are her people but I think it was just produced to be an album track. So Janet just did it because it's just part of the album. Nobody thought it would be a single. The [How Stella Got Her Groove Back] soundtrack came out when the movie came out, and radio just picked my song.

Remember, Mary J. Blige had the first single off the album. Her record just didn't connect.

'Luv Me Luv Me' just connected. And at that point, they were faced with a situation where it's a single, but we don't have single rights from Janet. So what are we gonna do? You gotta remember too, it wasn't available for sale but it became a number one radio hit and the album sold platinum because people wanted 'Luv Me, Luv Me.' There were no single rights. I think we ended up cutting another version with Samantha Cole. We shot two videos. 

Read more: http://singersroom.com/content/2015-07-27/Shaggy-Recalls-Janet-Jackson-Wanting-Nothing-to-Do-With-His-Hit-Luv-Me-Luv-Me/#ixzz3h9i5gMG5

well the story never changed Janet didnt promote the track, didnt get involved for whatever reason. Shaggy was mad, cause let's face it Janet was the biggest thing to come along for him, Khia too.....she needs a "dont get pressed at any point" clause :filenails:

At of ALL the celebs ...he has spoken tge most FOUL shit about Janet but yall wanna focus on Justin Timberlake.. JT was juss tryna save his own ass while Shaggy made PERSONAL attacks towards Janet "Yeah, her with that fake ass nose!" 

The latter is wayyyy worse,ppl. Yall wanna hold a grudge against JT, forever...BUT it should be Shaggy 

• Upvote 1

At of ALL the celebs ...he has spoken tge most FOUL shit about Janet but yall wanna focus on Justin Timberlake.. JT was juss tryna save his own ass while Shaggy made PERSONAL attacks towards Janet "Yeah, her with that fake ass nose!" 

The latter is wayyyy worse,ppl. Yall wanna hold a grudge against JT, forever...BUT it should be Shaggy 

Your stan is showing, Dayz. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

the issue is, Justin is relevant while Shaggy hasn't been relevant since 2000

!! Snatch them. At least Justin stanned for her before and still obviously loves her considering he sang her song at a show. Fuck Shaggy and his irrelevant ass :lmao: