Chris Brown Premieres New Song

CK1Czar

I keep forgetting the "release an album every 9 months" world we live in. My bad :sigh:

You are tew sarcastic hehe. All I know is...the only 2 men in R&B that I'm checking for right now are Mr. Ocean and Mr. Pimentel. All of the other men in R&B releasing music TODAY, not talking about the past...need to take notes or have a seat, because they are not doing it for me.

Funny thing is that electropop has passed it peak. It jsut shows that CB isn't really artistically inclined. It'll only do ok at best.

But Miguel looks like the new R&B king right now. He probably ain't selling that much, but he's championing the genre in a traditional and an artistic sense better than most.

Funny thing is that electropop has passed it peak. It jsut shows that CB isn't really artistically inclined. It'll only do ok at best.

But Miguel looks like the new R&B king right now. He probably ain't selling that much, but he's championing the genre in a traditional and an artistic sense better than most.

then is he really the King of anything? :blink: Sure he can sing R&B... but if no one's listening, does it make a sound

Blacks aren't listening either... It only sold 200k? I'm not here for less than Gold records. Sure his singles are "good"... But that doesn't make him king

The hell they aren't, almost every barbershop I go to raves about Miguel. The problem is the black communities think they are doing something for themselves by avoiding the marketplace like the plague as much as possible. The era of illegal downloading only exploits that.

That crown (the current King of R&B) isn't saying much on a commercial level, but he is representing R&B better than most.

The hell they aren't, almost every barbershop I go to raves about Miguel. The problem is the black communities think they are doing something for themselves by avoiding the marketplace like the plague as much as possible. The era of illegal downloading only exploits that.

That crown (the current King of R&B ) isn't saying much on a commercial level, but he is representing R&B better than most.

How many barbershops do you go to and why :blink:

He doesn't deserve the word "king"... Not from one album... not when his sales are in the toilet. R&B has evolved... You guys throw around words until they mean nothing

How many barbershops do you go to and why :blink:

He doesn't deserve the word "king"... Not from one album... not when his sales are in the toilet. R&B has evolved... You guys throw around words until they mean nothing

It depends where I am at the moment, so I vary in some of the shops I'm go to.

I understand what you're trying to say, but let me ask this: In the 80s where R&B also struggled, do you think that any of R&B powers of the time be devoid of recognition?

It depends where I am at the moment, so I vary in some of the shops I'm go to.

I understand what you're trying to say, but let me ask this: In the 80s where R&B also struggled, do you think that any of R&B powers of the time be devoid of recognition?

:umm: for no given reason :blink: you just venture into barbershops all willy nilly? kinda far-fetched... as a black man... once you found a barbershop, you stick with it..

Let me see their album sales... if you mention anyone selling over 5 million... then this convo has ended

:umm: for no given reason :blink: you just venture into barbershops all willy nilly? kinda far-fetched... as a black man... once you found a barbershop, you stick with it.

No, a few barbershops have opened over the past year and I might check one out according to the price and service. Some bad service and incidents had me leaving one for another, but I've been with the same barber for about 3 months now.