Jesse McCartney is truly getting it in lately

LyricalLesson

I am trippin...this kid went from singin' catchy pop songs like "Beautiful Soul" & "She's No You", to straight up R&B songs. Crazy thing is, he sounds more at home getting his vanilla soul on! I have been thoroughly impressed with almost EVERYTHING I've heard from him the past couple years. His 1st R&B album "Departure" was excellent. And subsequent singles & leaks after that: "Shake", "Sunshine", "Tonight Is Your Night", and "Up" have been just as great.

This kid has consistently put out material that I deem better than stuff that your Ushers, Chris Browns, and Neyos have. He's been doing it big for a while, but I don't think people really take him seriously for whatever reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5Mlk-jmnk

Departure was a solid album, I still live for 'My Baby' - that is the catchiest piece of shit Justin Timberlake never got his hands on. :lol:

"My Baby" IS sick :w00t: hahaha, I have to agree, it gives me a JT vibe.

What are your thoughts on JT? I truly cannot stand him...but I cannot lie, Timbaland and The Neptunes hooked him up, he's got ridiculously ill songs. In fact, "Rock Your Body" (aside from the stupid 'beat boxing' at the end) is in my top 10 favorite songs EVER! I play it regularly, at least 10 times a week, to this day. I hate that I love it so much :lol: not only that, but I love ALL of the singles off his first album minus "I'm Lovin' It", in addition to "And She Said (Take Me Now). I also love "Summer Love" & "My Love".

Archived