What is Janet's most FORGETTABLE #1 song?

janetDAYZ

which  

21 members have voted

1. 1. which is the most irrelevant lol

• Escapade
    • Again
    • Miss You Much
    • Together Again
    • Doesnt Really Matter
    • When I Think of You
    • Love Will Never Do (Without You)
    • Black Cat
    • Thats The Way Love Goes
    • All For You

My subjective opinion (which many of you seem to be basing yours off of): Again

However, the least memorable song by the general public is "Black Cat." Although it's one of my favorite Janet songs, ask a random person on a street to name a Janet song. 9.5/10 it wont be Black Cat.

The white folks know that song though.

tumblrmf6206rp5g1rnex64.gif

• Upvote 4

Funny, I hear "When I Think of You" all the time. I've always considered it a signature song for her, as well as an '80s classic.

I voted for "Love Will Never Do (Without You)". "Black Cat" was close but its sound gave it an added appeal for audiences that generally wouldn't listen to her music. "Love Will Never Do" was more of the same for Janet, and the last single of a hugely successful era. It was bound to be another hit (and it was) but I never saw it as anything more than just another good single. Had it been released ahead of something like "Escapade" or "Alright" then I'm sure more people would remember it today, and I'd be voting for "Black Cat" instead.

Funny, I hear "When I Think of You" all the time. I've always considered it a signature song for her, as well as an '80s classic.

I voted for "Love Will Never Do (Without You)". "Black Cat" was close but its sound gave it an added appeal for audiences that generally wouldn't listen to her music. "Love Will Never Do" was more of the same for Janet, and the last single of a hugely successful era. It was bound to be another hit (and it was) but I never saw it as anything more than just another good single. Had it been released ahead of something like "Escapade" or "Alright" then I'm sure more people would remember it today, and I'd be voting for "Black Cat" instead.

Right, but Black Cat is apparently MUCH more memorable than "When I Think Of You." :lol: How often do you hear "Black Cat" on the radio today? Next to never. How many televised performances of the song? Like 1. No articles saying ""Black Cat" singer, Janet Jackson..." Even if people don't know WITOY by name, once they hear it they recognize it. The same can't necessarily be said about BC.

How often do you hear "Black Cat" on the radio today? Next to never. How many televised performances of the song? Like 1. No articles saying ""Black Cat" singer, Janet Jackson..." Even if people don't know WITOY by name, once they hear it they recognize it. The same can't necessarily be said about BC.

Those two songs definitely aren't on the same plane, I agree. I just think "Black Cat" has more going for it (in regards to this poll) then "Love Will Never Do".

Becuz thats her "I Will Always Love You" .. :umm: Shouldnt every female artist have one in their catalog :umm:

Come Back To Me >>>>>>

Or is Come Back To Me her I Have Nothing i.e. the better less popular song :filenails:.

Come Back To Me >>>>>>

Or is Come Back To Me her I Have Nothing i.e. the better less popular song :filenails:.

I mean CBTM is "cute" but it doesnt give me IWALY...Janet holds that lil note at the end of Again..thats her "vocal moment" that CBTM doesnt have that..you have to have that moment to qualify being with IWALY :asham: