David Letterman Grills Lindsay Lohan

TwistedElegance™

I doubt she gets it, but DAMN she got tore apart lol. I'm soooo rooting for her, it was nice to see her poke fun at it in the beginning lol. She was REALLY trying to roll with the punches but he went off script and you could feel the tension.

On the other hand........Dave's going off script is always cringeworthy for me, dating back to the very last time Janet was on his show...so damn uncomfortable! LOL

Unnecessary, unprofessional and completely rude. Just because you are able to cough dust doesn't mean that you can say whatever you want to your guests.

This will not help Lindsay at all and it might actually do even more damage.

I agree whore-hey. If you must ambush someone at least do it in a caring, encouraging way rather than mocking her.

Something like "you are really talented and we are rooting for you. We want you to succeed" would probably help more.

Lindsay knew what she was in for. I'm by no means a fan of Letterman's painfully unfunny shtick but she's deluded if she thought she was simply going there to promote a movie. Like he said, she's been the butt of every joke he's made, I even remember her dad being interviewed on the radio about it at one point. Dave just has no tact. I don't know how I'd react if somebody flat out asked me if I steal things. The shift at the end of the interview was a nice touch, though. That was basically Dave's version of "we're rooting for you." But I think she's beyond positive reinforcement at this stage.

• Upvote 1

I agree whore-hey. If you must ambush someone at least do it in a caring, encouraging way rather than mocking her.

Something like "you are really talented and we are rooting for you. We want you to succeed" would probably help more.

Not necessarily an ambush but yeah, He didn't have to be so rude

Lindsay knew what she was in for. I'm by no means a fan of Letterman's painfully unfunny shtick but she's deluded if she thought she was simply going there to promote a movie. Like he said, she's been the butt of every joke he's made, I even remember her dad being interviewed on the radio about it at one point. Dave just has no tact. I don't know how I'd react if somebody flat out asked me if I steal things. The shift at the end of the interview was a nice touch, though. That was basically Dave's version of "we're rooting for you." But I think she's beyond positive reinforcement at this stage.

That doesn't make it any less rude and unprofessional though. He could have said it all of that but with a different tone and words

Ambush?! She knew what she was getting into

And let's stop pretending like she matters.. She a joke.. A headline... A late-night writer's dream..

I don't feel sorry for her. Plus she's ginger

That wasn't needed :rolleyes:

Norman you should start trying to be more empathetic.

Empathetic? To Lindsey Lohan? :umm:

maybe if she had an ounce of talent (or something) to back up her addictions and short-comings.. but she doesn't it... so... why should I be more empathetic to her? Why should I feel sorry for her? For doing drugs? Car accidents, not appearing at events she's suppose to appear at? Starring in shitty movies? I'm lost

Empathetic? To Lindsey Lohan? :umm:

maybe if she had an ounce of talent (or something) to back up her addictions and short-comings.. but she doesn't it... so... why should I be more empathetic to her? Why should I feel sorry for her? For doing drugs? Car accidents, not appearing at events she's suppose to appear at? Starring in shitty movies? I'm lost

Regarding her talent or lack thereof - that's only an opinion. A lot of people see that she is very talented which is why she has been given so many chances.

Regarding the empathy comment - maybe you should try showing some because she's a human being who is clearly struggling.

Regarding her talent or lack thereof - that's only an opinion. A lot of people see that she is very talented which is why she has been given so many chances.

Regarding the empathy comment - maybe you should try showing some because she's a human being who is clearly struggling.

A lot more people see her for what she really is :umm: and that's not talented

:umm: there are Americans struggling to pay their bills and get food on the table.. The last thing I'm going to show empathy for is a rich ginger girl with drug/driving/law problems.. That doesn't get my vote