Janet Jackson: The BILLION dollar entertainer

ThatOtherFan

I like to take PR that is CORRECT. That way we don't run around the internet talking about Janet is a billionaire, and then Forbes clocking the tea, and consequently ppl look stupid.

Variety called Janet a "billion dollar entertainer" (or some shit), which is misleading, which was my point to begin with, and even pointed out that that billion dollars is what "Janet Jackson" the brand has generated, not what she's actually taken home.

Now that Forbes has recognized Janet as anything but a billionaire, ppl look stupid. The article was misleading from the start. Factual PR > Good PR.

'Tis all.

Variety wasn't misleading. It's VERY clear they are talking about her stats and what her career overall has generated thus far. You just wanted to be right as the "go to" person for many when it comes to Janet's stats. :rolleyes:

You didn't see Metamucil stans questioning the "Madonna is a billionaire" articles or tweeting Forbes for clarification...and I'm sure quite a few of the fans that have followed her career/stats KNEW it wasn't true.

Same with the Beyezebel stans and the articles about her and Jay-z being billionaires. There were quite a few things wrong with that article. They gave the ENTIRE estimated revenue of Mrs. Carter tour as what Beyezebel is going to bank. Claiming that income is partially what pushed her and the camel over the top. Did you see the Beyezebel stans clock it and run to Forbes for clarification? No.

Truth be told with taxes, their higher cost of living, etc, none of them are anywhere near being billionaires. Unless they have substantial investments elsewhere (or making $200 million a year like Oprah lol)

However, it makes for good PR... hence why stuff like that is planted in the media...

Janet stans can't be satisfied with positive media, some of us have to go out of our way to nit-pick :sigh:

• Upvote 1

Even those Beyezebel and Metamucil stans with brains wouldn't actively try to prove it wrong though. They rode stood by the lie. -_- lol

I'm not going to use lies or play on words to stan for my fave...her accomplishments and impact stand alone and don't need lying about -_-

No they didn't. No one has clocked Beyezebel and the camel yet. Probably because her stans didn't run to Forbes for clarification.... :sigh:

Janet generated billions on her own. Jayonce got it when both were put together. Janet wins.

Variety wasn't misleading. It's VERY clear they are talking about her stats and what her career overall has generated thus far. You just wanted to be right as the "go to" person for many when it comes to Janet's stats. :rolleyes:

You didn't see Metamucil stans questioning the "Madonna is a billionaire" articles or tweeting Forbes for clarification...and I'm sure quite a few of the fans that have followed her career/stats KNEW it wasn't true.

Same with the Beyezebel stans and the articles about her and Jay-z being billionaires. There were quite a few things wrong with that article. They gave the ENTIRE estimated revenue of Mrs. Carter tour as what Beyezebel is going to bank. Claiming that income is partially what pushed her and the camel over the top. Did you see the Beyezebel stans clock it and run to Forbes for clarification? No.

Truth be told with taxes, their higher cost of living, etc, none of them are anywhere near being billionaires. Unless they have substantial investments elsewhere (or making $200 million a year like Oprah lol)

However, it makes for good PR... hence why stuff like that is planted in the media...

Janet stans can't be satisfied with positive media, some of us have to go out of our way to nit-pick :sigh:

Being right 003E.gif Being wrong.

At the end of the day. :coffee:

Metamucil and hardcore Beyzebel stans wouldn't do that tho because they don't use their brains.

And the Madonna and Beyonce stans ran around doing the exact same thing, and look what happened. :coffee:

Unless Forbes confirms, the god of all things financial, it doesn't matter. :coffee:

Being right 003E.gif Being wrong.

At the end of the day. :coffee:

Exactly... you cared more about being right. No one said you had to run around supporting it or claiming Janet is a billionaire.

It's like I said, WE knew the other media outlets were misleading (again, NOT Variety, because what they said clear, she has generated over billion dollars during her career... which is not uncommon information to be circulated concerning the careers of major celebrities). However, WE didn't have to be the first ones calling it out or actively trying to disprove it, simply because we want to be right.

And the Madonna and Beyonce stans ran around doing the exact same thing, and look what happened. :coffee:

Unless Forbes confirms, the god of all things financial, it doesn't matter. :coffee:

Forbes hasn't clocked Beyonce (as far as I'm aware). The stories concerning her and Jay-z circulated the blogs, but it didn't garner major press like the Janet and Madonna "billionaire" articles did. Also, you didn't have her own fans trying to discredit it. Even those that realized it wasn't entirely true. They supported the positive PR, not nitpick it in effort be right.

I just don't understand how some Bey stans love to say Janet isn't a billionaire just because she married one but as soon as reports came out about Bey and Jay being a billionaire couple they ran with it. However I don't care because it's still more than I have LOL

• Upvote 1

I just don't understand how some Bey stans love to say Janet isn't a billionaire just because she married one but as soon as reports came out about Bey and Jay being a billionaire couple they ran with it. However I don't care because it's still more than I have LOL

Because that's how Beyonce stans are with anyone other than their fave. -_- lol

Exactly... you cared more about being right.

And that's all that matters at the end of the day. I didn't run around saying Janet was a billionaire. I didn't look stupid after Forbes published their article. Can the rest of you say the same?