Underrated: The Incredible Voice of Chante Moore

jarrylf

Chante Moore is one of the most gifted vocalists in the music industry today yet many people are completely unaware of her rare talent. Indeed, before appearing on R&B Divas LA, most young music fans did’t even know she existed! So, to correct that gross injustice, this piece will reintroduce you to this truly fascinating songbird.

With a vocal range spanning over four octaves, Moore can do it all – sing to smokey lows, belt with passion and power, and soar to the top of her voice with incredible ease. Inspired by the great Minnie Riperton, she stands as one of the few singers who can truly say that they have mastered the whistle register.

Unfortunately, the industry hasn’t been very kind to Moore and despite her obvious marketability and skills, she never reach the dizzying heights of other artists who have less than half her talent. Just imagine my dismay when I noticed her singing backup for Beyonce in 2003. That’s right, back when the latter was far from the vocal force she is today.

Hence, now that Moore is preparing for the release of her Moore is More album on July 30, this is the perfect time to show people exactly what they’re missing. She is more than just a hilarious reality show character; she can really, really sing!

Now, some of you will attempt to use this piece as an opportunity to pit Moore’s talent against that of Mariah Carey but it is important to stress that their styles are very different. Although they both clearly stem from Riperton’s school of whistle gymnastics – oh sweet Minnie, we speak your name – they have developed their own ways of using their upper registers. Still, it would be amazing for both women to collaborate on a track and remind younger artists that they will always be an octave a step ahead.

Read more at http://thelavalizard...7Hph9Wf2R5s7.99

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch the videos he posted on the site

Totally agree with all of this, every word, and find it disgusting that she'd have to be reduced to doing backup for anyone...not even just that it's Bey or even the even more discusting fact that it's anyone who hasn't been in the industry longer than her or the same span, but it's that she was redused to doing it PERIOD. But it just goes to show how ridiculously sadly underrated she is as a vocalists and performer.

I Gotta say tho, not a fan of her early 00's albums, or much of a fan of her duet albums with Kenny. but those first 2 albums I deem PERFECTION. I like her last album tho, it was modern but still classic sounding. Still my most favorite song she's ever done is Wey U.....that song is so romantic & sexy & relaxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZpBS1I0Dw

I also love her new song Talking In My Sleep