Your favorite and least favorite interviewers and why?

jarrylf

Just wondering who are your favorite people that interview celebs (some are professional journalists, radio DJ's, Talk Show Hosts, etc)

THE BEST

1.Howard Stern- HE IS AWESOME, and soooo 100% real and honest, and will go to the bedroom questions and what heREALLY thinks of you and your career

2. Wendy Williams- Radio Wendy was EXACTLY like Howard in what I described, she's softened up for TV ALOT, but what I like about her more than Howard is that sometimes she hasnt even asked aout what the celeb is plugging or the questions they don't want to talk about, she goes for it. And if she makes an enemy out of it, Oh well, she got her interview and kept that celeb a hot topic. Her shinning moment will always be that Whitney interview, WENDY GOT BALLS, and she went there and it's known as Whitney's most famous interview.

3. Oprah - BUT more so for her Next Chapter show and Super Soul Sunday than her talk show, I like that she goes to the celebs place of choice, and makes sure they're comfortable, and she'll go for the hard questions, respecfully, and sometimes they don't answer, and she won't pressure but she'll bring it up, I respect that. 1 thing that I like about her too is she tries to relate, thats something she recently got better at too, on the talk show to me she was a lil out of touch with alot of interviews

4. Chris Hardwick - He is just there to have fun with you, lol, simple as that, and his energy is just GREAT

5. John Stewart- Almost the same thing about Chris except he's also more serious when needed he can talk about a serious huge national problem, but then spin it in a joke so appropriately and smoothly, like nobody else.

The Worst

1. Sherri Sheppard- OH MY GODDD Sherri is HORRIBLE, she asks the DUMBEST questions EVER, and they're stupid every way, she phrases them stupidly and the questions themselves for the most part serve no purpose or reason and is just a waste of time. And she's a answer interrupter

2. Larry King - I don't care how old he is HE IS AWFUL, for no other reason than he's a massive interrupter, and the followup question he interrupts can sometimes have NOTHING to do with the previous question. It just simply annoys me, I know almost every interviewer on both sides of my list are interrupters at least sometimes, BUT Larry is the KING of this and in the worst ways.

3. Kris Kardashian - UGH, she was not made to be a host of anything, she's horrible at celeb interviews...even when it was her own kids/fam, she just has this "I don't care about you" attiturde

4. Tyra - Let me start out with I LOVE TYRA, and I LOVED THE TYRA SHOW, my only problem is/was with it that she'd make it tooooo much about her alot of times, like she's not arrogant or cocky, but everything seems to be about her with the interviews, Granted she does have some really good interviews, and she's really good with serious topics, but more so wit celeb interviews she's like I described

5. Jay Leno - Just find him so bland and trying way too hard

Oprah - I agree with Jarryl about Super Soul Sundays and Next Chapter. She interviews so many people, but handles each person in a humane, personal way. I love the questions she asks and her positive attitude.

George Lopez - What I miss about his show is his crazy humor and how he genuinely seemed interested in each guest.

Jon Stewart - He's extremely bright and knowledgeable. While he does master the art of punchlines and sarcasm, he always reaches his goal with great execution.

Ellen - I seem to have a thing for those who are great with a balance of humor and making the guest feel special, important. They always seem comfortable with her and enjoy themselves.

DISLIKE

There are too many!

I went to go read the transcript to the Whitney and Wendy interview. I DID NOT KNOW that Whit produced Cheetah Girls AND Princess Diaries!

My favorite interviewers are

Ellen - she's my ultimate favourite. She's absolutely hilarious and knows how to make the guest feel at ease.

Graham Norton - Although he interrupts a lot, he brings the comedic side out of everyone.

Wendy - she's just messy and I like it. She doesn't mind if a celeb clocks her on her own show.

Oprah - She's the interviewing QUEEN.

Alan Carr - see Graham

Those are 5 interviewers who I will always youtube to watch an interview again.

I went to go read the transcript to the Whitney and Wendy interview. I DID NOT KNOW that Whit produced Cheetah Girls AND Princess Diaries!

My favorite interviewers are

Ellen - she's my ultimate favourite. She's absolutely hilarious and knows how to make the guest feel at ease.

Graham Norton - Although he interrupts a lot, he brings the comedic side out of everyone.

Wendy - she's just messy and I like it. She doesn't mind if a celeb clocks her on her own show.

Oprah - She's the interviewing QUEEN.

Alan Carr - see Graham

Those are 5 interviewers who I will always youtube to watch an interview again.

CHILLLE you need to read it and hear it (if you havent, Whit was a mess).Did you know Wendy credits Mariah for that interview because she said with her 1st MC interview, it was live and she tried the ambush thing about her and implants and who she was dating and Mariah said Fuck & shit alot, and apparently a radio rule for live broadcasting at that time at least is if theres too much live cutting the interview has to be cut. So since that interview she said she does all her ambush interviews off the air so they can personally beep them. MC inspired a great interview that might've never happened or been heard.

But yea about her producing Cheetah Girls and the Princess Diaries movies, that's why I think it's B.S. when people say she died broke cause all the movies she produced get played like once a month on The Disney Channel & ABC Family (well the Princess Diaries movies, Cinderella, and The Cheetah Girls movies anyway).

I LOVE Gram & Ellen too

Conan, Jon Stewart, Larry King was ok.. Oprah.. Kimmel

Dislikes: Leno for sure.. Letterman sometimes.. Fallon for sure!! he just irks the hell out of me.. That Irish fellow too.. Craig Ferguson :&, Piers Morgan

Im Iffy about Fallon, he was like Tyra for me where he had his good interviews/moments. BUT I do think talk show isn't for him, that if he were smart he'd try his hand in having another sketch show, like his best moments of his show are his sketches & characters to me.

LIKE..

Piers Morgan

Diane Sawyer

Wendy Williams

Tyra Banks

Dislike...

That Bethenny girl

David Letterman

Oh Bethany, lol, I watched a full episode the other day cause Kenya & Kandi were on.......I like Bethany but this sooo isn't her thing, it's trying to be what the Tyra show was, but Tyra was much better at it lol.

Unpopular opinion, but I LOVE Charlemagne and the Breakfast Club. Charlemagne is ruthless and he's not afraid to ask ANYTHING!

Yea I REALLLLLLLLLY don't like Charlemagne but I like everybody else on his show, like with the Keke Palmer interview recently, he just irked the fuck outta me with his shit but everybody else was asking great questions, BUT I do know he can ask great questions too sometimes

Favorites: Ellen & Jimmy Fallon

Least favorite: Carson Daly lol

I HATED him on TRL, but then oddly when he left I honestly missed him, I like his interviews on his show and The Voice now tho, it seems like he actually cares lol.

He said in a inteview with the Hollywood reporter this year that Mariah had him SO scared with that infamous TRL interview he said he was so shocked and with the protocal he had to ask himself "am I REALLY gonna have to call security on Mariah Carey?" That would've been.............WOW lol.

Im Iffy about Fallon, he was like Tyra for me where he had his good interviews/moments. BUT I do think talk show isn't for him, that if he were smart he'd try his hand in having another sketch show, like his best moments of his show are his sketches & characters to me.

You mean go to SNL.. Anything he does now, besides own a tv network or have a hit show, is a downgrade... He is funny with his show.. just not with interviews.. cringe-worthy

You mean go to SNL.. Anything he does now, besides own a tv network or have a hit show, is a downgrade... He is funny with his show.. just not with interviews.. cringe-worthy

I could see him having his own MadTV/SNL type of show and it working like on MTV or womething, but yea he's not a good interviewer at all