The official Pharrell thread

RedSimba

Pharrell's 24-Hour Music Video For 'Happy' Is Your New Everyday Pick-Me-Up

Posted: 11/21/2013 3:47 pm EST | Updated: 11/21/2013 3:48 pm EST

Got a day to spare? Because Pharrell's music video for the song "Happy" will take up exactly that.

Hailing from the "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack, "Happy" repeats throughout the 24-hour footage, following the fancy footsteps of Skateboard P and friends throughout Los Angeles. Cameos come from Steve Carrel, Tyler The Creator, Magic Johnson, and many other smiled strangers.

You can watch the world's first 24-hour music video at 24hoursofhappy.com, where you can easily switch between different times of the day and share your favorite sequences with your friends via Twitter and Facebook, or you can watch the video in 4-hour doses courtesy of XXL Magazine.

http://www.huffingto...kusaolp00000003

All 6 parts if anybody has free time on their hands lol...

01-04

05-08

06-12

13-16

17-20

21-24

I haven't watched them yet, but one day I might give it the time of day -_-:P

*edit* I guess the song just repeats itself roughly every 4 minutes. So basically, it looks like it'll be (15 * 24) 360 "mini-music videos" strung together. :o I can appreciate artists trying something new/different and I like the song, but I can only take in small doses ... I've stopped at 12 minutes for now lol.

*edit 2* Here's the short version... :) (lol Tyler the Creator)

• 3 months later...

In before it hit #1 :P lol. Looks like this broke last year's streak of no #1's by a lead artist of African descent. (*recent descent, before we get all technical -- "in" before another potentially long discussion >_<:lol:) Anyway, it's a good song that deserves it. ^_^

I think I'll reinvent this thread into an official Pharrell thread lol

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...