Charmed Reboot vs. Charmed Movie

jarrylf

Charmed Reboot vs Charmed Movie  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather?

• Movie
    • Reboot

So I started Charmed last night and decided to do some digging and found that theres talks for a "reboot" next year, and all 4 of the stars are strongly against it

What all 4 of them are for tho is a movie, a movie that would star all 4 of them (which the show never did).

I too, with them am against the reboot, I don't want to see new actresses playing these girls in a new house not in the late 90's-early 00's. And with the movie if it's a hit like I think it could be, theres the possibility of the show coming back (cough Veronica Mars cough). So theres talks of a kickstarter campaign.

Absolutely NO to a reboot. The magic of that show was the chemistry of Shannen, Holly, Alyssa and Rose. I would love a movie as long as it has the tone of the first 4 seasons.

YES, and to think Shannon & Alyssa had beef behind the scenes, that didn't show at all (PROFESSIONALLLL) and well when they didnt like each other on the show it was nice lol. AND YES, I do remember the later seasons seemed more lighter than the old ones with Shannon, and maybe the 1st season of Rose

I've actually been rewatching Charmed, it's like comfort food -_-

IT IS, Im realizing, I probably never saw the entire 1st season, and is LOVING IT!

YES, and to think Shannon & Alyssa had beef behind the scenes, that didn't show at all (PROFESSIONALLLL) and well when they didnt like each other on the show it was nice lol. AND YES, I do remember the later seasons seemed more lighter than the old ones with Shannon, and maybe the 1st season of Rose

IT IS, Im realizing, I probably never saw the entire 1st season, and is LOVING IT!

Yeah you couldn't tell on screen at all, which is why it was so shocking when Shannen left -_- Rose's first season was the 4th and the show was still dark, and probably got the darkest it's ever been in the last episodes. From there though it got progressively dumber and fluffier -_- going back now I can enjoy it for the entertainment value, but it is a shame they killed off what the show was really about.

I could go on and on about Charmed, that was my favorite show. I went to the house in LA and everything

• Upvote 1

Heres a lil reading on the reboot and movie

Alyssa Milano Wants to Do a Charmed Movie, But Is Shannen Doherty Game? Find Out!

by TIERNEY BRICKERThu., Oct. 31, 2013 8:10 AM PDT

rs_560x415-131025123730-1024.charmed.ls.102513.jpg

The Power of three is trying to make a movie!

After news broke that CBS was working on a reboot of Charmed, the WB's beloved witchy drama, the series' original stars Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan took to theirTwitters to say why they think bringing back the series is a no-good, very-bad idea. What Milano doesn't think is a bad idea? A Charmed movie that would reunite the four sisters, including Holly Marie Combs and Shannen Doherty!

"I would definitely do a #Charmed movie," Milano tweeted on Wednesday. She then reached out to all of her Hallaway sisters, asking, "Would you, @H_Combs, @rosemcgowan and @DohertyShannen?"

And guess what? Doherty, who exited the series after the third season, is down! "Yep I would," she wrote back to Milano. "Enough was left undone to address and make a good movie." Interestingly enough, Doherty also retweeted a message from a fan suggesting the launch of a Kickstarter campaign to fund the movie. Go get yourVeronica Mars on, Charmed ones!

The reboot, which is being conjured up by Party of Five'sChris Keyser, would be a reimagining of the originals series centering on three sister-witches who use their powers to battle the forces of evil.

Milano was quick to tweet her thoughts on the project,writing, "The thing about them doing a #charmed reboot is... it just... it feels like yesterday. It feels too close." And McGowan didn't hold back either: "They really are running out of ideas in Hollywood," she tweeted. "Lame lame lame lamertons."

And while Combs originally remained mum on the subject of the Charmed reboot, she finally voiced her opinion on Twitter. And it was awesome. "Here's the thing. Everything is a reboot. If you think otherwise you haven't read enough Shakespeare yet," the Pretty Little Liars star said. "At least they had the decency to call it what it is. Instead of ripping it off and then pretending to not be ripping it off."

She then added, "Reserve judgment. Watch it. Or don't. Then if you don't have anything nice to say.....come sit by me. ;)"

It's hard to fault CBS for wanting to reboot the series, given the recent success of witches on TV (American Horror Story: Coven, Witches of East End and The Originals). But Milano told us, "I think really it's due to the success of Charmed and the fact that it had so much success even after it was done, meaning that people looked for it, people searched it out and watched those episode over and over."

Would you want to see Doherty, Milano, Combs and McGowan reunite for a Charmedmovie? Just how much money would you donate to that Kickstarter? Sound off in the comments!

http://www.eonline.com/news/476138/alyssa-milano-wants-to-do-a-charmed-movie-but-is-shannen-doherty-game-find-out

Yeah you couldn't tell on screen at all, which is why it was so shocking when Shannen left -_- Rose's first season was the 4th and the show was still dark, and probably got the darkest it's ever been in the last episodes. From there though it got progressively dumber and fluffier -_- going back now I can enjoy it for the entertainment value, but it is a shame they killed off what the show was really about.

I could go on and on about Charmed, that was my favorite show. I went to the house in LA and everything

Yea I think that might be THE reason behind me falling off it, tho accidental, I just felt like I wasn't missing anything with it for the most part. Like I do remember episodes (I guess it was season 5) where I was like "REALLY?!?!" I don't remember why or what specifically but I remember feeling that way about a few things. It always sucks when they do that to a great show.

LOL it was mine too for like the 1st 2-3 seasons then it got competition lol. JEALOUS I wanna go there, and i live here lol....I will 1 of these days lol.

Hallaway sisters? :umm:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I NOTICED THAT TOO, bastards.

What we really need is a new show to be this generations Charmed/Buffy.

RIGHT! I watch 'Vampire Diaries" every once in awhile, but everybody on that show looks like they came out of an Abercrombie ad. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I find myself wanting to f*ck everybody on the show and it gets exhausting after awhile. These new shows on the CW are geared towards pre-teen/teenage girls to make their little ginys wet.
  • Upvote 1

They already rebooted Charmed and changed the name to 'Witches of East End'...as an avid viewer of both shows, there are a lot of similarities between the two. :coffee: get into this article....http://www.hollywood.com/news/tv/55037839/witches-east-end-channels-charmed

I haven't seen this, but I don't really like what I read. :umm: Maybe my mind will change if I watch it. Would you recommend it?

I haven't seen this, but I don't really like what I read. :umm: Maybe my mind will change if I watch it. Would you recommend it?

I like it. Its cute for the most part and the women are beautiful to look at. The story has some holes in it, but Im sure it will start to make more sense as the show progresses. Im always here for a show about witches and females kicking ass.

anybody remember this episode of Charmed...this shit made me cry when it aired. -_-

• Upvote 1

RIGHT! I watch 'Vampire Diaries" every once in awhile, but everybody on that show looks like they came out of an Abercrombie ad. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I find myself wanting to f*ck everybody on the show and it gets exhausting after awhile. These new shows on the CW are geared towards pre-teen/teenage girls to make their little ginys wet.

I'm secretly inclined to believe these producers also cater to the gay boys on the low
  • Upvote 1

I loved "Charmed" but the idea they can just take anything remake it and it's all good is not a go for me, the thing with "Charmed" isn't the concept, nor the execution, its the women they had, and there's really no replacing them, but today "they" think they can replace anyone, new Batman, new Superman, and it's just not like the original .....I don't want some foreign bitches with great hair dos and cute clothes half assing the greats.....

• Upvote 1

I like it. Its cute for the most part and the women are beautiful to look at. The story has some holes in it, but Im sure it will start to make more sense as the show progresses. Im always here for a show about witches and females kicking ass.

anybody remember this episode of Charmed...this shit made me cry when it aired. -_-

o.m.g. I just got chills at the video still alone. The BEST moment :tear:

• Upvote 1

Hmm..I might try it out after a few seasons. Let it get off the ground first.