US Navy steps shit up - Ironman Robot Type Workers are the future?

bu.

I'm not exactly seeing the dramatic downside to new technology. Not one that seems like a Terminator/The Matrix hybrid anyway.

Yeah it seems most people think that way. Im not saying all technology is bad, just parts of it.

And we pretty much are in The Matrix, i thought everyone knew that :rolleyes::)

Yeah it seems most people think that way. Im not saying all technology is bad, just parts of it.

And we pretty much are in The Matrix, i thought everyone knew that :rolleyes::)

I can see that point. I just don't think all of us or even most of us as a species are turning into humanoids. Yes, we've made many technological advances, but we still have independent-enough minds to still create. I think were just improving right now.

If we are, I want a catsuit like Trinity. And a cool new name. -_-

Ppl are saying the only way technology has advanced so quickly is becuz of assistance from the aliens :shifty: more theories, a different 24 hrs :lol:

I've never thought of that twist to it, but i'm not quick to dismiss everything as a crazy theory -_-

I mean would you have thought we would ACTUALLY have IRobots when watching the film back 2004 :umm: The latest Robocop film was also quite telling too.

I can see that point. I just don't think all of us or even most of us as a species are turning into humanoids. Yes, we've made many technological advances, but we still have independent-enough minds to still create. I think were just improving right now.

If we are, I want a catsuit like Trinity. And a cool new name. -_-

You really don't see it turning that way? All I see is people relying more on technology for the doing the most basic of things, just to make things "easier". We accept the technology, continue to rely on it and use our brains/human instincts less and less. Slowly but surely it evolves...

If not us, then the next generations growing up (or does that not matter :lol:). The ones who will never know what a book is and will be reading them through Google Glasses B):rolleyes:

You really don't see it turning that way? All I see is people relying more on technology for the doing the most basic of things, just to make things "easier". We accept the technology, continue to rely on it and use our brains/human instincts less and less. Slowly but surely it evolves...

If not us, then the next generations growing up (or does that not matter :lol:). The ones who will never know what a book is and will be reading them through Google Glasses B):rolleyes:

I really don't. Not right now, anyway. The main technology I see people being dependent on are things that actually make sense to be dependent on like cell phones, refrigeration, GPS, precise calculation, computers/Internet and cars. Medicinal advancements as well. I honestly see this as real improvement over caveman-like methods, and the fact we keep creating more and more, to me, shows that we still have independent minds. Technology doesn't just advance on its own. WE help it to advance, and with those advancements we have to ability to take it farther. There's always a downside to everything, but I don't see a severe one coming on the horizon yet.

Now that does worry me to an extent. Just because I love the aesthetic of a real book, though. As long as people are reading, I'm happy. :lol: Whether it's in print or on a screen, I just want people to continue to read. A society without reading at all is the one I fear.

I really don't. Not right now, anyway. The main technology I see people being dependent on are things that actually make sense to be dependent on like cell phones, refrigeration, GPS, precise calculation, computers/Internet and cars. Medicinal advancements as well. I honestly see this as real improvement over caveman-like methods, and the fact we keep creating more and more, to me, shows that we still have independent minds. Technology doesn't just advance on its own. and with those advancements we have to ability to take it farther. There's always a downside to everything, but I don't see a severe one coming on the horizon yet.

Now that does worry me to an extent. Just because I love the aesthetic of a real book, though. As long as people are reading, I'm happy. :lol: Whether it's in print or on a screen, I just want people to continue to read. A society without reading at all is the one I fear.

Precisely, we do accept and subsequently advance it. I'm not saying be cavemen...lord knows i need a refrigerate :lol:..but could i survive without it if pushed?

People would drive into a ravine if GPS told them it was the right direction, even if they maybe sensed otherwise :lol:. Some claim that they "cant live" without GPS and cell phones, though they managed perfectly fine back in the days when it wasn't common. As I said, not all tech is bad, just are ever increasing dependence on for everything. We continue to make different "needs" within our self, excepting technology to make everything easy. I do slowly see overtime the lines getting blurred.

I've only just got into reading novels within the last 2 years and it really has been a revelation how engrossed i can get! I am resisting getting a Kindle...surely it cant be the same reading experience? :lol:

Well you never see it coming, Reyna :rolleyes: that's the point :coffee:

You know what I mean, Roc :rolleyes::lol:

Precisely, we do accept and subsequently advance it. I'm not saying be cavemen...lord knows i need a refrigerate :lol:..but could i survive without it if pushed?

People would drive into a ravine if GPS told them it was the right direction, even if they maybe sensed otherwise :lol:. Some claim that they "cant live" without GPS and cell phones, though they managed perfectly fine back in the days when it wasn't common. As I said, not all tech is bad, just are ever increasing dependence on for everything. We continue to make different "needs" within our self, excepting technology to make everything easy. I do slowly see overtime the lines getting blurred.

I've only just got into reading novels within the last 2 years and it really has been a revelation how engrossed i can get! I am resisting getting a Kindle...surely it cant be the same reading experience? :lol:

What's wrong with that? A lot of it is very beneficial. Well, not really. Your food would spoil which would mean dying a lot sooner. Or else, develop something else to replace it but again that's getting into technology. Developing better tools and things to help us. Not letting it overpower our lives.

I highly doubt that. I don't think people are that stupid :lol: They may be things we can live without to an extent, but it does help us improve. I fear the day I'm lost somewhere without my phone, or GPS. It'd take forever to find my way home if I didn't find someone else with these things and had to rely strictly on what I know. Again, our dependence is necessary for some of these things. That doesn't make it bad.

I've been a reader for most of my life. I now have both print books and a Kindle Fire. I use it more now in college instead of dragging all of my bookshelves with me. It's great for that out-and-about reading, and it's easier for me to keep up with multiple books I'm reading that way. Still, I felt as blown away and engrossed reading Harry Potter and The Hunger Games in print that I felt reading Divergent electronically. It is different, but not something to be very concerned about. It just feels differently in your hands. :lol: Trust me, a good story will take you on a hell of a journey regardless of what you're reading it on.

You know what I mean, Roc :rolleyes::lol:

What's wrong with that? A lot of it is very beneficial. Well, not really. Your food would spoil which would mean dying a lot sooner. Or else, develop something else to replace it but again that's getting into technology. Developing better tools and things to help us. Not letting it overpower our lives.

I highly doubt that. I don't think people are that stupid :lol: They may be things we can live without to an extent, but it does help us improve. I fear the day I'm lost somewhere without my phone, or GPS. It'd take forever to find my way home if I didn't find someone else with these things and had to rely strictly on what I know. Again, our dependence is necessary for some of these things. That doesn't make it bad.

I've been a reader for most of my life. I now have both print books and a Kindle Fire. I use it more now in college instead of dragging all of my bookshelves with me. It's great for that out-and-about reading, and it's easier for me to keep up with multiple books I'm reading that way. Still, I felt as blown away and engrossed reading Harry Potter and The Hunger Games in print that I felt reading Divergent electronically. It is different, but not something to be very concerned about. It just feels differently in your hands. :lol: Trust me, a good story will take you on a hell of a journey regardless of what you're reading it on.

There have been stories of people driving into all kinds of things because GPS told them too :lol:

Also, the ways we are interacting with each other and machinery is rapidly changing. There is alot of more to it and plenty of info out there if you care to find it :wink:

I tell you what...i'll bump this thread in 15 years and see how things are doing then :ph34r:

There have been stories of people driving into all kinds of things because GPS told them too :lol:

Also, the ways we are interacting with each other and machinery is rapidly changing. There is alot of more to it and plenty of info out there if you care to find it :wink:

I tell you what...i'll bump this thread in 15 years and see how things are doing then :ph34r:

And yet even with that small amount of stories, most people actually get to where they're trying to go with little to no trouble. :lol:

Yes, but how is that bad? Change can be a good thing. I mean thanks to technology I can talk to you right now even though we're in two different countries. I think that's very impressive. If it's out there, I'll get to it. Even with what I've seen thus far, I see nothing to be very afraid of yet. Of course that could change, but we'll have to wait on that.

:lol: Alright, we'll see then :P