Do you think Jermaine Dupri is a bad manager?

jarrylf

Having your name pop up for a year is promo according to some when a certain album by a certain artist was released :filenails: - even if that means appearing in newspapers, doing shows not singing songs relating to a said album or talking about stuff not relating to the said album (or song in her case) etc. #bored #beingmessy

She should have performed the songs more though. She was lazy with TALG and YM. But the music was also not that good. I even find Beautiful underwhelming despite loving it (mainly because I feel it was too short).

Yea but I don't agree with that...even with said artist, I consider releasing new material and performing (like said artist did) I consider proper promo for a new era, the only reason I think songs can move without that today is it has to have some kind of contraversy attached to it ( I mean MC proved that perfectly with the horrendous Obsessed, what I very much call 1 of her worst songs, yet it was her last top 10). Like as underwhelming as the last 2 singles may have been (the last 1 for me, AOLG slayed for me from 1st listen but is not a radio song at all, she should've called that a buzz single immediately), I just don't think they were bad enough to equate in SUCH underwhelming performance, and be the sole or highest reason for it. Like no matter what our opinions of the songs are, it's her job to do her best to move them. Not shove them down our throats with #Beautiful for 6months, but just bring in & keep up some momentum to keep the era alive, it's the managers job too and to put her on them award shows.

Yea but I don't agree with that...even with said artist, I consider releasing new material and performing (like said artist did) I consider proper promo for a new era, the only reason I think songs can move without that today is it has to have some kind of contraversy attached to it ( I mean MC proved that perfectly with the horrendous Obsessed, what I very much call 1 of her worst songs, yet it was her last top 10). Like as underwhelming as the last 2 singles may have been (the last 1 for me, AOLG slayed for me from 1st listen but is not a radio song at all, she should've called that a buzz single immediately), I just don't think they were bad enough to equate in SUCH underwhelming performance, and be the sole or highest reason for it. Like no matter what our opinions of the songs are, it's her job to do her best to move them. Not shove them down our throats with #Beautiful for 6months, but just bring in & keep up some momentum to keep the era alive, it's the managers job too and to put her on them award shows.

She needs better producers and to fire JD as a manager -_-. #Beautiful was everywhere - it was her first top 30 song in the UK since I Want To Know What Love Is. A good manager would have her flying overseas to promote it and push it a little more -_-. It did all it could do imo in the US - she should have moved to a 2nd single to ride on #B's decent success.

• Upvote 1

She needs better producers and to fire JD as a manager -_-. #Beautiful was everywhere - it was her first top 30 song in the UK since I Want To Know What Love Is. A good manager would have her flying overseas to promote it and push it a little more -_-. It did all it could do imo in the US - she should have moved to a 2nd single to ride on #B's decent success.

Exactly, that's all I'm saying, see I forgot about that, he kept her state side and she shouldve been all over the world promoting, hell go to the spanish countries to promote the spanish version of #Beautiful, then I probably wouldnt've gotten so sick of it (or most of us here)

Didn't he promise to re-certify Janet's back catalog back in 2006? Cheers for that J!

Yup

So the album ain't coming out in May anymore?

Yup, no title or cover, but the release date hasnt changed yet

He also promised to deliver quality back then ...

HA!!!!