Fanmail > CrazySexyCool

Kaleidoscope Eyes

I love TLC but CSC is their most overrated album among the fandom. Fanmail is a more cohesive, listenable effort IMO....it's like Dallas Austin and Left Eye were foreshadowing the tech-induced world we leave in today with the theme of the album. Fanmail was so ahead of its time and still is to this day. My Life, Don't Pull Out, Silly Ho, I'm Good At Being Bad, Lovesick >>>> anything on the radio today

I was obsessed with Fanmail when it came out but now listening to it with these adult ears, it doesn't knock me out the way it did back when I was 15 but still a solid,cohesive album. CSC trumps it becuz Fanmail has an expired sound that was very time specific while CSC sounds more timeless and has hardly aged. Songs like "Let's Do It Again" .. "Diggin On You" .. "Red Light Special" ..hell the whole album could fit into radio Today. Fanmail not so much. Both are cohesive tho. I wouldn't say one more than the other. But 3D is highly Highly underrated.

I was obsessed with Fanmail when it came out but now listening to it with these adult ears, it doesn't knock me out the way it did back when I was 15 but still a solid,cohesive album. CSC trumps it becuz Fanmail has an expired sound that was very time specific while CSC sounds more timeless and has hardly aged. Songs like "Let's Do It Again" .. "Diggin On You" .. "Red Light Special" ..hell the whole album could fit into radio Today. Fanmail not so much. Both are cohesive tho. I wouldn't say one more than the other. But 3D is highly Highly underrated.

Are you forreal? Fanmail still sounds fresh today. I could easily hear Silly Ho or I'm Good At Being Bad on the radio in 2014. The album was ahead of its time.

Are you forreal? Fanmail still sounds fresh today. I could easily hear Silly Ho or I'm Good At Being Bad on the radio in 2014. The album was ahead of its time.

Absolutely... Im fareal.

Just because something is ahead of its time doesnt mean it doesn't and/or can't age. New Jack Swing was ahead of its time and look where its at now..a dated dusty ass mess :lol:

For example.. Aaliyah's "One In A Million" era was wayyy ahead of its time but its aged cuz it sounds time specific meanwhile the "Aaliyah" sounds fresh, hasn't aged and "Rock Da Boat" does not have not one wrinkle showing and its 13yrs old.

Fanmail/ One In A Million = ahead of its time but time specific

CSC/ "Aaliyah" - timeless, aged well, still holds current appeal

Fanmail carried a lot of that computer/futuristic sound which was a reflection of where we were right before the new millennium hit. The shift from 99' into 2000 was this big mystery of the "future" for us...which is dated now cuz we're no longer impressed cuz We're living in that advanced world today. Which is why I say Fanmail sounds time specific..that moment right before we went over the cliff of advanced technology.

Juss my opinion.